Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I talk to myself.... A lot, as in, arguements and debates.
    you are not alone... I sometimes get into deep arguements with myself and to be honest ? it amazes me how useful they are when I get into same/alike situations! I like it, but sometimes I just cant turn it off and it start bothering me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    you are not alone... I sometimes get into deep arguements with myself and to be honest ? it amazes me how useful they are when I get into same/alike situations! I like it, but sometimes I just cant turn it off and it start bothering me.
    Well...

... *blush* Aaand because I am a schizophrenic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I have to untuck the corners of the blankets at the foot of the bed, because my toes get super warm, even though I know it's easier for the monsters to grab me.
    I also used to do that since I was a kid, the thing Im uncomfortable with is when my hand is over the bed, I feel like someones hand will rise up and grab it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well...

... *blush* Aaand because I am a schizophrenic.
    well I dont think Im schizophrenic. sorry !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    well I dont think Im schizophrenic. sorry !
    Hahaha, no need to apologise. The title did say 'others may consider to be weird'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably well out there on the weird scale for most ... I don't mind dating women who speak little to no English, despite speaking very little Chinese.

Disclaimer -- I don't go out of my way to do so, it's just an environmental factor. They aren't women that I meet on dating apps, they're women that I meet in ordinary circumstances and we just hit it off. It probably has something to do with the way things are with WeChat here. We're usually both pretty busy with our work, most of our chatting goes on by WeChat (which now has semi-decent Chinese/English translation) and out on a date is small talk and "ooh, ah" date stuff like watching a movie or enjoying a dinner. I seem to have gotten blind sided again last week. Was not expecting that one.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love dill pickles.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I memorize item codes in our store. So basically, if I need to order something I just ask for 946126374 instead of an actual name of an item. Freaks some people out.

Im socially awkward irl, im weird no matter what xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I sleep without a blanket.

I talk to myself when I'm trying to plan or figure something out. I find it helps me.

I love the heat. I just moved from NY (Cold) to SC (hot), so maybe I'm biased. The area I work in has been 90-100F with 85%-95% humidity for the last couple weeks and I'm basking in it. I'm pointing all fans away from me, actually.

I also find I sleep better if I'm soaking wet in sweat when I wake up. I just get right out of bed and feel energized, which isn't something that happens if I wake up cold. It sounds disgusting, but we have a water proof cover for our mattress just because of how easy mold forms down here. Changing the sheets often isn't that bad. My girlfriend despises being that hot, but here and there it happens.

probably lot's of stuff but the one that bothers me the most is that i wash my hands too much.
    so i end up with damaged skin because of it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ritual/experiential side of body modification.

Tattoos are basically peak popularity right now and piercing had its time in the late 90s/2000s, but the ritual aspect of modification has always been way outside the mainstream. At best, I think people would consider it weird (and at worst, they'd call it much worse).

But whatever. I don't give a fuck whether it is popular or unpopular; I'm not trying to fit in nor am I trying to be counterculture. I like what I like. It has brought a lot of positive to my life, whether through the wonderful folks I've met in the community or through the experiences themselves.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I like sticking my nose in new books and taking a huge sniff... I love the smell of books
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy World of Warcraft as a game instead of a pretend Blizzard stockholder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The ritual/experiential side of body modification.

Tattoos are basically peak popularity right now and piercing had its time in the late 90s/2000s, but the ritual aspect of modification has always been way outside the mainstream. At best, I think people would consider it weird (and at worst, they'd call it much worse).

But whatever. I don't give a fuck whether it is popular or unpopular; I'm not trying to fit in nor am I trying to be counterculture. I like what I like. It has brought a lot of positive to my life, whether through the wonderful folks I've met in the community or through the experiences themselves.
    If it's self-harm it's self-harm dude.
    But if it aint, cool.
    I like those weirdo's that split their tonguetips in half. They're pretty metal.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    If it's self-harm it's self-harm dude.
    But if it aint, cool.
    One can define a lot of things as "self harm" if you're being really pedantic about it. The only difference between, say, the aforementioned tongue splitting or a cosmetic surgery is the social acceptability. If one is going to call the former self harm then you'd really have to extend it to the latter as well. I personally don't think either of those things are self-harm. Self harm to me (and probably to most people if you asked them define it divorced from context) would probably refer to self inflicted injuries based on negative emotion or mental state, harm for the sake of harm. If one does what one does for positive reasons, or the experience, or the core human need of ritual then I don't think it qualifies even if it might involve pain or scarring.

My spouse is a runner for example. Marathons are hard on the body, they are painful and difficult, and can result in injury. The people doing them aren't doing them because they urgently need to get 42 kilometres from where they are. They do it for the sake of doing it, the challenge, the journey, the experience, because it does something positive for them them physically or emotionally. I'm sure people would like to think it's different but it's really not outside of the social acceptability and weirdness level.

(and I'm not dismissing the reality that something being "weird" socially can have actual, real world consequences. It can and often does, but it's a perception issue not a problem with the actions themselves)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    One can define a lot of things as "self harm" if you're being really pedantic about it. The only difference between, say, the aforementioned tongue splitting or a cosmetic surgery is the social acceptability. If one is going to call the former self harm then you'd really have to extend it to the latter as well. I personally don't think either of those things are self-harm. Self harm to me (and probably to most people if you asked them define it divorced from context) would probably refer to self inflicted injuries based on negative emotion or mental state, harm for the sake of harm. If one does what one does for positive reasons, or the experience, or the core human need of ritual then I don't think it qualifies even if it might involve pain or scarring.

My spouse is a runner for example. Marathons are hard on the body, they are painful and difficult, and can result in injury. The people doing them aren't doing them because they urgently need to get 42 kilometres from where they are. They do it for the sake of doing it, the challenge, the journey, the experience, because it does something positive for them them physically or emotionally. I'm sure people would like to think it's different but it's really not outside of the social acceptability and weirdness level.

(and I'm not dismissing the reality that something being "weird" socially can have actual, real world consequences. It can and often does, but it's a perception issue not a problem with the actions themselves)
    Look mate, I dont think too deeply about these sort of things. It's so very much outside of my day-to-day scope. But I agree.
    To me, it's self-harm if it's rooted in negative emotions, mental instability, and/or done incorrectly.
    It aint if it... aint. Then it's just the same as piercings.

For a random distant observer like myself, it really needn't be any more complex.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I pace around the room when I'm thinking. All I can think of right now, but I wasn't pacing before I typed this so I didn't think on it much.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Bananas dipped in pizza sauce. Sounds weird, tastes amazing. Been a fave snack of mine since I was a kid.

I have anxiety issues, and pick the skin off of the bottom of my feet when I'm really stressed. I know it's gross and harmful, but I can't help it sometimes.

Not so much weird, but a niche hobby of mine is mineral collecting. Not your typical rock and polished crystal collecting, but actual specimen collecting. My profile pic is an azurite from my collection.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I really love dill pickles.
    Lol! I would not consider that to be weird. Lots of people love dill pickles. Including myself.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I literally have arguments when working on a project or cooking a meal. I mediate to my pepper shaker quite often for being way too generous of a spicyboi.

I also refer to my body as "supplemental" often dismissing the things that happen to it with jokes about getting another one. Or make excuses that I haven't worked out the controls in it cause it was a discount.
    Last edited by Paraka; 2019-06-04 at 01:41 PM.