Page 1 of 2
LastLast

my daily WQ route for emissaries (and paragon chests for the month of may 2019)

Keeping track of what WQs i do for emissaries & paragon

Q: what are paragon chests?
    A: Paragon chests are the bonus chests you get at exalted with BfA factions. Once you hit exalted, you still gain rep, and you get a paragon chest every 10k rep and it is tracked on the bars.

I tracked my gold earnings for the month of May on 2 max level toons:

toon #1

5/5/2019 7th legion 4272g
    5/5/2019 Proudmoore Admiralty 3938g
    5/12/2019 Tortollan 3923g
    5/13/2019 Order of Embers 3727g
    5/19/2019 storms wake 3788g + violet abyssal eel
    5/19/2019 champions of azeroth 3963g
    5/31/2019 7th legion 4180g
    5/31/2019 tortollan 3878g

31669 gold

toon #2

5/5/2019 Zandalari empire 3813g
    5/7/2019 Volundai 3815g
    5/13/2019 honorbound 4056g
    5/25/2019 tortollan 3865g + bowl of pupperfish toy
    5/25/2019 champions of azeroth 3847g
    (toon #2 has 1 rep at 8k and 2 reps over 9k as of 6/1/2019, so they just missed getting tallied, but it will occur within a 30 day period.

19396 gold

Also I think I got the 2k gold reward for the daily emissary 3 or 4 times on each toon.

My strategy for completing emissaries is to NOT do them all at once but do those that are (1) fast and (2) clustered together.

For example, today on my horde toon I have 2/4 champions of azeroth complete (expires in 2 days) and 0/4 nazmir (talanjis expedition) complete (expires in 3 days). Looking at the map, I'll fly to Doom Hollow in Nazmir and do Shell Game because it is right there for 1/4 talanjis and 250 tortollan rep, then go north and kill Zebast the Everliving for Azerite Empowerment for 3/4 champions of azeroth and that's it for today.

On my alliance toon I am 2/4 champions of azeroth (expires in 2 days) and 0/4 storms wake (expires in 3 days). In this case, there are 3 fast and easy WQs bunched up in Stormsong Valley right now. I will fly to Fort Daelin and do Calligraphy as its right on the flight path, then catch a flight to seeker's vista and do shell game and automated chaos quickly for 3/4 storms wake. Then I'll fly to whitegrove chapel and kill rotbough really quick for 3/4 champions of azeroth.

In my experience you can expect to complete 8 paragon chests and 4 2k gold rewards per 30 day period. That's roughly 40k gold per month per toon. In other words, doing this on 3 toons nets you a token per month.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Thank you for the high quality post. You should post this on the woweconomy subreddit too. They'd probably be interested in this sort of data collection.

How does it stack up vs Argus WQs and the legion mission table and its conversions? https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/...on_table_gold/ Check out the comments there too.

I definitely think you're going to see a lot more altoholics do the 2k emissary reward quests once flying is out. Will help a ton and should be able to get them around 5 minutes apiece (not incl. the travel time to get out there first)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-06-01 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I dont know how you do that. After 2 WQ:s im ready to blow my brains out.
    I almost want to race change Human just so I can be done with the flying grind faster, but then yeah, another 25 to switch back

I dont know how you do that. After 2 WQ:s im ready to blow my brains out.
    I'm watching youtube videos. Also watching this TV show from about 20 years ago called "Firefly". I barely notice im doing WQs.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm watching youtube videos. Also watching this TV show from about 20 years ago called "Firefly". I barely notice im doing WQs.
    You have good taste.

Yeah the multiple monitor thing helps. And inviting nearby players on the "fill the bar" quests

This quote here should raise some red flags in any blizzard employee working on wow who reads these forums. Content that they push for retail wow is so shit that people cant go through it without drugs, youtube and netflix.

Firefly is lit.
    WoW was always perfect playing beside consuming tv series, movies, podcasts and nowadays streams.

You have good taste.

Yeah the multiple monitor thing helps. And inviting nearby players on the "fill the bar" quests
    This is my first time watching Firefly and I was quite surprised that it directly rips off Starcraft. The first two scenes of the pilot are almost exactly two cinematics from Starcraft.

The very first scene of Firefly episode 1 is late during the civil war. They are dug-in in a trench and are like "where is my air support?" finally they air for air support and the twist is the air support decides to run away, leaving everyone stranded in the trenches. That is the exact plot of the opening cinematic from Brood Wars:

The very next scene in Firefly episode 1 is a group of space pirates looting a old floating wreck in space while talking trash. Then this massive star ship shows up and scares the hell out of them. That is really really close to the opening cinematic of Starcraft:

Plus the entire Firefly thematics where they mix space sci-fi and western themes is ripped right out of Starcraft, with Jim Raynor basically a grizzled space sheriff complete with badge and the heavy Confederate themes mixed into Starcraft. Then you have River Tam with the psychic powers with invokes Kerrigan and her psychic powers as a Ghost. The Ghosts in Starcraft were created by secret Confederate experiments that were sworn to not exist and wrapped in secrecy because it involved torture and screwing with the subjects mind, which is exactly what apparently happens to River Tam.

you gotta have a really sad life OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Weallscream View Post
    you gotta have a really sad life OP.
    Honestly it takes no time at all. I make sure to hit WQs that are easy and in packs. It might've taken 5 minutes to hit all 3 WQs in Stormsong Valley today.

wow...thank you for resuming the current state of the game.

Tomorrow the plan is to hit 1 WQ on alliance in stormsong valley to complete both champions of azeroth and storms wake. Hopefully its kill a mob. It might take 2 minutes?

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance for 6/2/19: 3/4 Champions of Azeroth, 3/4 Storms Wake, 0/4 Proudmoore Admiralty

We got unlucky and the only CoA WQ in Stormsong Valley is way up in the mountains & its a long one needing to kill mobs & absorb Azerite

1. Fly to Brennadam in Stormsong Valley
    2. Ride south to Azerite Madness up in the mountains for 4/4 to CoA & SW (6 minutes)
    3. Whistle, fly to Brennadam, turn in SW (7 minutes)
    ***i'd probably skip 4 & 5 if it wasn't a weekend to save time***
    4. Fly to Hatherford, ride west to Tempestria and kill it (click pile of suspicious meat atop rock to summon 2 adds & then boss) (11 minutes 30 sec)
    5. Ride south to the Winged Typhoon and kill it (IMPORTANT: avoid swirlies on ground or they knock you high into the air and kill you and its a long run back) (14 minutes)
    6. Hearth and turn in Supplies Needed: tidespray Linen.
    7. Turn in CoA emissary to Magni in Silithus (15 minutes)

Now at 3/4 Proudmoore Admiralty (expires in 3 days)

Horde for 6/2/19: 3/4 Champions of Azeroth (Magni), 2/4 Talanji's Expedition (Nazmir) and 0/4 Zandalari Empire (Zuldazar)

1. Fly to Garden of the Loa in Zuldazar.
    2. Jump off the cliff to the northeast & use a Goblin Glider to float down to Azerite Empowerment & do that quest.
    3. Whistle & Fly to Scaletrader Post in Zuldazar.
    4. Do Critters are Friends, Not Food (I use Corefire Imp (1,1,1), Zandalari Anklerender (2,1,2), and Ikky (2,1,1) for almost all pet WQs. Immolation + Black Claw + Shattered Defenses is an almost universal pet WQ winner. The numbers (1,1,1) mean select the top skill for each skill slot on the pet. (2,2,2,) means select the bottom skill for each skill slot on the pet.) Don't forget to revive pets right afterwards!
    5. Ride east and kill Golrakhan.
    6. Hearth back to Dazar'Alor & turn in CoA emissary to Magni.

Now at 2/4 Talanji's Expedition (Nazmir) expires in 2 days, 3/4 Zandalari Empire (Zuldazar) (expires in 3 days)

Alliance for 6/3/19: 3/4 Proudmoore Admiralty (expires in 2 days), 0/3 Tortollans (expires in 3 days)

1. Fly northwest to Hatherford in Tiragarde Sound
    2. Ride Northwest and do Tempestria for 4/4 Proudmoore. (remember to click the meat atop the rock to summon 2 troggs, kill troggs then boss spawns) (1 minute 30 seconds)
    3. Whistle back to flight path.
    4. Fly south to Vigil Hill, Tiragarde Sound.
    5. Do Calligraphy right there in town.
    6. Hearth back to Boralus.
    7. Turn in Proudmoore Admiralty. (4 minutes)

Now at 1/3 Tortollans (expires in 3 days)

Also got 1 paragon cache.

Proudmoore paragon cache: 3785 gold, 2500 azerite power, 500 war resource, Albatross Feather (teaches Albatross hatchling pet)

Horde for 6/3/19: 2/4 Talanji's Expedition (Nazmir) (expires tomorrow), 3/4 Zandalari Empire (Zuldazar) (expires in 2 days), 0/3 Tortollans (expires in 3 days)

1. Fly to Atal'dazar in Zul'dazar,
    2. Go east (goblin glider down two stories to the ground) and do Add More to the Collection pet WQ for 4/4 ZE emissary. (3 minutes 30 seconds). Heal pets afterwards!
    3. Whistle back to flight path.
    4. Fly to Zo'bal ruins in Nazmir.
    5. Do Calligraphy right there at the flight path.
    6. Ride south and do Baijatha (its a large white raptor with light purple feather trim on the edge of a cliff) for 4/4 TE emissary.
    7. Start running south to fp, use whistle when it is up to Zul'jan, turn in emissary (9 minutes)
    8. Hearth to Dazar'alor.
    9. Turn in emissary (11 minutes)

Now at 1/3 Tortollans (expires in 3 days)

Also got 2 paragon cache.

Talanji's paragon cache: 4305 gold, 2500 azerite power, 500 war resources
    Zandalari paragon cache: 4589 gold, 2500 azerite power, 500 war resources

yeah i dont carwe about gold so im just holding all at 19,999 and 1 cache in bank, except 7th legion cause its so easy to level.

so while doing WQ and stuff i watch youtube.
    one of those channels the amazing HirumaredX *Cough* *Cough* *COUGH* sorry.

im at 1.7 mil and really dont spend gold on much so i dont care too much losing that bit.

- - - Updated - - -

This quote here should raise some red flags in any blizzard employee working on wow who reads these forums. Content that they push for retail wow is so shit that people cant go through it without drugs, youtube and netflix.

Firefly is lit.
    what?
    hell even on classic while i was recording during the stress test and on *cough* other locations i have always watched youtube.

really the only time i havnt been able to multitask is while raiding or doing dungeons, other then that its just... sit back, auto pilot and get some jerma985 or vinesauce through.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    really the only time i havnt been able to multitask is while raiding or doing dungeons, other then that its just... sit back, auto pilot
    Gonna second that.

Although maybe it's a sad statement of the difficulty(or lack thereof) of the open world, I've also always had something on a second monitor while leveling or grinding WQs. I expect that if a person can't multitask while playing wow, the problem is with them rather than the game.

Op.. :[ Please just get into actual AH play if you truely doing this for gold as your main thing. This is horrific bad gold income. Good way to farm paragon chests through if you want the toys faster....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Op.. :[ Please just get into actual AH play if you truely doing this for gold as your main thing. This is horrific bad gold income. Good way to farm paragon chests through if you want the toys faster....
    I find the best way to make gold is to do varied content or else I get bored fast. These emissaries actually don't take much time so its a good thing. I'd probably quit of boredom if I tried to turn WoW into an auction house simulator.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have KILLED A MAN for Netflix or the equivalent to modern Youtube in Vanilla, because back then, all we had was actual TV/radio and/or low-quality podcasts to keep us going.

Every single expansion, no exceptions, has had tons of content that is barely palatable without that sort of thing. Saying "ALERT BLIZZARD!!!" about it is like saying "Quickly, tell Blizzard that the AH has a shit UI and is a pain to search!". Welcome to 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Gonna second that.

Although maybe it's a sad statement of the difficulty(or lack thereof) of the open world, I've also always had something on a second monitor while leveling or grinding WQs. I expect that if a person can't multitask while playing wow, the problem is with them rather than the game.
    It's not a difficulty thing, even, though. I mean, look at Vanilla. I used to go out and solo elites and so on in Silithus for hours on end. Technically that was far "harder" than what we're doing now. But I was even more zoned-out/on-autopilot listening to the radio or watching TV or whatever.

It's that playing WoW solo is a very simple exercise, if it's content you can do and you're not trying to get some kind of high score. The only solo content I can think of which wasn't like that was maybe Legendary quests in Vanilla and the role-tests in MoP and I guess the Mage Tower in Legion. Playing with others requires a little more focus, esp. if you're not a dick, because there's a lot more going on.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2019-06-04 at 10:26 AM.

Great post your awesome and thank you for taking the time and posting about something you enjoy and are spreading great info to those who are short on time and don’t want to play the auction house or farm gold other ways.

You just explained how to get a lot of gold, pay for a wow token and get rep + all sorts of other goodies from rewards

Keeping track of what WQs i do for emissaries & paragon

Q: what are paragon chests?
    A: Paragon chests are the bonus chests you get at exalted with BfA factions. Once you hit exalted, you still gain rep, and you get a paragon chest every 10k rep and it is tracked on the bars.

I tracked my gold earnings for the month of May on 2 max level toons:

toon #1

5/5/2019 7th legion 4272g
    5/5/2019 Proudmoore Admiralty 3938g
    5/12/2019 Tortollan 3923g
    5/13/2019 Order of Embers 3727g
    5/19/2019 storms wake 3788g + violet abyssal eel
    5/19/2019 champions of azeroth 3963g
    5/31/2019 7th legion 4180g
    5/31/2019 tortollan 3878g

31669 gold

toon #2

5/5/2019 Zandalari empire 3813g
    5/7/2019 Volundai 3815g
    5/13/2019 honorbound 4056g
    5/25/2019 tortollan 3865g + bowl of pupperfish toy
    5/25/2019 champions of azeroth 3847g
    (toon #2 has 1 rep at 8k and 2 reps over 9k as of 6/1/2019, so they just missed getting tallied, but it will occur within a 30 day period.

19396 gold

Also I think I got the 2k gold reward for the daily emissary 3 or 4 times on each toon.

My strategy for completing emissaries is to NOT do them all at once but do those that are (1) fast and (2) clustered together.

For example, today on my horde toon I have 2/4 champions of azeroth complete (expires in 2 days) and 0/4 nazmir (talanjis expedition) complete (expires in 3 days). Looking at the map, I'll fly to Doom Hollow in Nazmir and do Shell Game because it is right there for 1/4 talanjis and 250 tortollan rep, then go north and kill Zebast the Everliving for Azerite Empowerment for 3/4 champions of azeroth and that's it for today.

On my alliance toon I am 2/4 champions of azeroth (expires in 2 days) and 0/4 storms wake (expires in 3 days). In this case, there are 3 fast and easy WQs bunched up in Stormsong Valley right now. I will fly to Fort Daelin and do Calligraphy as its right on the flight path, then catch a flight to seeker's vista and do shell game and automated chaos quickly for 3/4 storms wake. Then I'll fly to whitegrove chapel and kill rotbough really quick for 3/4 champions of azeroth.

In my experience you can expect to complete 8 paragon chests and 4 2k gold rewards per 30 day period. That's roughly 40k gold per month per toon. In other words, doing this on 3 toons nets you a token per month.

I find the best way to make gold is to do varied content or else I get bored fast. These emissaries actually don't take much time so its a good thing. I'd probably quit of boredom if I tried to turn WoW into an auction house simulator.
    World quests is varied content? The AH changes every day, always something to keep up with.

Its also about being efficent with your time, its soo slow your method Im like...damn.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Okay, serious question:

The gold you are counting, is it monthly income by doing gold WQs or are you getting multiple paragon chests per reputation per month?
    Because seeing you do the bare minimum of WQs, I can't believe you'd be getting that much reputation.