Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well since there will be retail style quest/mini map add-ons at launch I doubt it will take people too long.
    That helps a lot, but there's still efficient routes. Lot's of back and forth quests where you can save a few trips, sometimes across continents.

Quote Originally Posted by maomoa View Post
    That helps a lot, but there's still efficient routes. Lot's of back and forth quests where you can save a few trips, sometimes across continents.
    There are also many quests that are just regular mob drop items too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There are also many quests that are just regular mob drop items too.
    Well, I'm thinking more along the lines of quests like the one for the Bonebiter axe that takes you to Desolace but starts in SS. Breadcrumb might not take you there, so you do desolace without picking it up, but then end up having to go back for the great leveling weapons.

That or really long chain quests that really help pump out the extra XP.

4 weeks lets hope the first week goes my way

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    I could give two shakes about the person with the fastest leveling speed in Vanilla WoW. The whole initial point of WoW from day one was about the journey through the content, not how fast one could burn through said content and literally bypass the content altogether, then complain once they got to the end about not having enough content or the need for more content. Blizzard over the years with all the various items and adjustments to the world, experience, and mobs literally removed the journey from the game which was the entire point of the game in the first place. Maybe it is you that needs to learn and not speak.

This rendition of Vanilla named Classic might be the same content, but given how Blizzard plans to release said content throughout. Simply burning through the launch content is really the point that many wanted in the first place. If they burn through that content faster, then they will simply burn through the content and have little to do once they cap out. That opens the door as always to the people that whine the most about new content or not having enough content to keep them satisfied and occupied. Hence why I stated in the first place, leveling guides are for those that like to hurry up and wait, then complain when they run out of things to do.

At this point in the game life cycle, if one truly needs a quest guide to get through 1-60 content, then they have not been leveling through the current retail version as it was intended, which means they been dungeon grinding their way through that same content that they are about to level through 1-60 again without all the speed and xp boosting of the current retail version.
    Since you apparently don't know this the retail game is nothing like classic the entire original world was remade inclduing quests with the launch of cata. So no people shouldn't know it by heart if someone wants to level fast a quest guide/addin will likely be needed. Also in what world should solo questing be moree efficient than group leveling in an mmo? 7.3.5 is one of the biggest mistakes blizzard has ever made

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That calculator is fucking jacked. There is absolutely no way it took a warrior, leveling "fast", at 24 hours a week, two and a half months to hit 60.

I will say it's funny how it doesn't actually take into account the spec, further showing why the calculator is a bunch of bullshit. I was 17, playing all day everyday, but yea no way it took even a month to level my mage, then priest.
    24 hours a week would 6 to 7 days at two and a half months that's world record level speed in vanilla for warrior, so yeah the calculator is jacked it will likely be much slower than that.
    Last edited by Xath; 2019-06-04 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That calculator is fucking jacked. There is absolutely no way it took a warrior, leveling "fast", at 24 hours a week, two and a half months to hit 60.

I will say it's funny how it doesn't actually take into account the spec, further showing why the calculator is a bunch of bullshit. I was 17, playing all day everyday, but yea no way it took even a month to level my mage, then priest.
    I can very much see that happening. Warrior was a bad leveling class. Around 240 hours is not bad.

Sunday 27 October 2019

My 30th birthday

10+ Year Old Account
    the calculator says Saturday 7 December 2019

That seems pretty accurate considering I wont have the time investment I had in Classic compared to vanilla. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Since you apparently don't know this the retail game is nothing like classic the entire original world was remade inclduing quests with the launch of cata. So no people shouldn't know it by heart if someone wants to level fast a quest guide/addin will likely be needed. Also in what world should solo questing be moree efficient than group leveling in an mmo? 7.3.5 is one of the biggest mistakes blizzard has ever made
    There are still plenty of the quest of old in all those older zones that are simply the exact same quest or differ very slightly to the older ones. Sure there are the exception, like Stonetalon Mountains, The Barrens to just name a few, but even in those zones there are still many of the older quest just reformatted or alter slightly to fit within the updated content. Those that have level through this game endless times will be literally burning through the content to get to the endpoint. Except once they get there, there won't be as much to actually do for awhile. Many will simply burn through that content, because they have been through that content many many times over the years. It may have changed a bit here and there and got easier over time, but it is still the same regardless of its difficulty. Solo questing was more than capable one just had to pay attention to what they were doing and remember what took place when they got it all wrong. Was not just Cata, I remember soloing questing taking place in Wrath and even late TBC. I did a lot on my own when I could not find others to help or assist. Though, I also went out of my way to help others that were not capable of doing the same. I either did the quest myself then while leveling or came back after I got better geared at cap if I somehow could not beat the mob at that point in leveling.

As a person that receive the first rendition of the achievement Loremaster (You know, the one that you literally had to comb throughout the entire world to actually complete and hoped like hell you did not miss a breadcrumb quest along the way) way back when and have leveled more of my share of characters through the content from level 1 to max over the years. Not really that much has changed over all those years from the core of the game that still very much exist throughout the world of warcraft
    Last edited by Apexis; 2019-06-04 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    the calculator says Saturday 7 December 2019

That seems pretty accurate considering I wont have the time investment I had in Classic compared to vanilla. :P
    Dinging before the end of 2019 is a pretty noble goal i think

10+ Year Old Account
    24 hours a week would 6 to 7 days at two and a half months that's world record level speed in vanilla for warrior, so yeah the calculator is jacked it will likely be much slower than that.
    You're in a for a surprise when the first few 60s hit the cap by friday that week or at latest during the first weekend.
    -K

I am gonna enjoy leveling with my friend. We will take it easy and slow. I would say somewhere between 3-4 months?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LSguild View Post
    4 weeks lets hope the first week goes my way
    How are you gonna do that? Play 15 hours a day?

10+ Year Old Account
    About 2 years from now, lol. I don't have the time I'd like to, to sink into the old game. But I'll get there eventually.

dont need to use calculator. I assume sometime in 2020, for real.

I don't know how much work I need to do at the same time, afterall my holidays end on August 26th. But one would assume I get around 8 hours on weekdays and 14 ish on weekends. So it would take at least 3 weeks considering I would have to level with the masses for the first 30 levels at least till my play time would pull ahead of the average to get some good questing and aoe grinding done.

Or if I can delay my holiday end till week after launch I'd probably say 12-14 days. It's really hard to say for sure though, because I don't have beta access and I haven't played on private servers.. So last time I had any idea what was good and what wasn't was during vanilla itself.

A level a day is the goal. The last 30 levels obviously bringing the average down xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    You're in a for a surprise when the first few 60s hit the cap by friday that week or at latest during the first weekend.
    Not on warriors unless blizz leaves the private server hamstring bug in. On something like a hunter the world record was nearly 5 days. Even if you literally don't sleep if it releases on tuesday you are hitting on Saturday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not on warriors unless blizz leaves the private server hamstring bug in. On something like a hunter the world record was nearly 5 days. Even if you literally don't sleep if it releases on tuesday you are hitting on Saturday.
    I am not sure on IRL days but in-game its 4hours 20 by Joana. I reckon first 7 days IRL with around 4 to 5 days played. 4-6 hours per night sleep is plenty, 4 being not optimal.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I am not sure on IRL days but in-game its 4hours 20 by Joana. I reckon first 7 days IRL with around 4 to 5 days played. 4-6 hours per night sleep is plenty, 4 being not optimal.
    Game will release on Tuesday August 27th likely at 3 pm pst us time. It was indeed 4 hours and 20 days with a hunter so around 5 days like I said. So the absolute earliest we should be seeing 60s and that's at WR level speeds is early Sunday and that's if you full on no life with basically no sleep. 7 Days in rl would be the next tuesday.

2,1 months by playing 3 hours a day at a fast pace, I can do that faster I am certain, especially since I am gonna use every quest helper addon available so that I won't have to spend time reading the quest text and guestimating where abouts everything is ( Or run off memory since I still have a vague idea of stuff like the position of the beaten corpse in the barrens etc )