Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bshoults View Post
    Going AFK in the world on a PVP server. I'm rolling a NE hunter just for this racial as well. I think there's a lot of BG and WPVP implications, especially if you use a cat. That said, is there a macro that would trigger shadowmeld and prowl?
    Yes you can do such a macro.

/cast Shadowmeld
    /cast Prowl

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Cause i'm planning on rolling a hunter this time, and i would really preffer to be a dwarf.
    If u preffer a dwarf, play a dwarf. Stoneform is much more usefull for PvP imo than Shadowmeld, with Stoneform u can remove bleeds, poisons, even Rogue's Blind.
    WoW Player 2005-2014 2016-2021
    TBC > Vanilla > WotLK=Cata=Legion > MoP > Shadowlands > BfA > WoD

shadowmeld was not a full blown vanish, into full stealth, remove combat that people see in the game now. shadowmeld was usable in combat, but you could still be seen and attacked into your shadowmeld.

for example, in a WSG BG, if a NE was shadowmelded in the flagroom, any class could see them if you payed attention. if you are a rogue, entering the FR, you view around, you will see the NE SMd.

in retail WOW, the above WSG scenario, the rogue will have to find, sap macro, search for the NE SMd, and the NE may see the rogue first.

Hi, i never main-ed a hunter in vanilla, so i was wondering..

were there any tricks you could do with Shadowmeld as a hunter back in vanilla?

I mean, when soloing instances and such.

Cause i'm planning on rolling a hunter this time, and i would really preffer to be a dwarf.
    But if there are any tricks you can only do with Shadowmeld, i might reconsider.

Thanks for your time.
    Luptis showed me some good bait tricks with Shadowmeld. Skip to 17m17s.

Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2019-06-03 at 09:29 PM.

I find Stoneform much more useful in PvP.
    You can remove Rend/Deep Wounds, Rupture/Poisons, then Bandage.

As for patrols in dungeons... Can't you just Feign Death after you get aggro? I'm pretty sure you could.

And thanks for reminding me that you needed to be out of combat to lay traps. What a stupid thing :\

Does anyone remember if your name is showing in red, when you are in Feign Death?
    Say.. you FD defending a point in AB... does your name appear over your head in red?

i'm not sure.
    Classic will be using the retail macro system, not the vanilla one.
    I guess it would be possible to have castsequence or some sort, but i'm no macro expert.

no my friend. Shadowmeld was not usable during combat in Vanilla.
    i am 100% certain of it.
    i think you are confusing it with later expansion. i do it all the time as well.
    Your name goes grey like you're a corpse. But smart players will notice they're still auto attacking you or can still tab target select you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Your name goes grey like you're a corpse. But smart players will notice they're still auto attacking you or can still tab target select you.
    And you'll still have buffs/debuffs/dots.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

just the feign death + shadowmeld tricks definitely some cool things you can pull off

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    shadowmeld was not a full blown vanish, into full stealth, remove combat that people see in the game now. shadowmeld was usable in combat, but you could still be seen and attacked into your shadowmeld.
    Thread full of people saying you can't use it in combat and people still insist you can lol.

you could use shadowmeld in Van WOW in combat, but like i said

shadowmeld was not a full blown vanish, into full stealth, remove combat that people see in the game now. shadowmeld was usable in combat, but you could still be seen and attacked into your shadowmeld

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Thread full of people saying you can't use it in combat and people still insist you can lol.
    ikr? i was on stress test, and i tried using it in combat. of course, i couldnt.

you could use shadowmeld in Van WOW in combat, but like i said
    No you can't.

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20580/shadowmeld

"Cannot be used in combat"

It's the same on private servers, unless Blizzard and the private servers got it wrong and you have proof otherwise?

"Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Cooldown increased to 2 minutes, able to use in combat."

That is the Wotlk patch when they changed it so you could use it in combat.
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2019-06-04 at 05:32 AM.

You could just SHadowmeld in a low level area and send your pet to attack low levels to annoy them. Fun times.

for example, in a WSG BG, if a NE was shadowmelded in the flagroom, any class could see them if you payed attention. if you are a rogue, entering the FR, you view around, you will see the NE SMd.

in retail WOW, the above WSG scenario, the rogue will have to find, sap macro, search for the NE SMd, and the NE may see the rogue first.
    This is incorrect. Shadowmeld was a rank 1 stealth that was exited upon movement or most actions taken. It was useful to afk with, avoid ganks with, and guard AB flags with. In all, wisp form is probably a better racial benefit than shadowmeld.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    This is incorrect. Shadowmeld was a rank 1 stealth that was exited upon movement or most actions taken. It was useful to afk with, avoid ganks with, and guard AB flags with. In all, wisp form is probably a better racial benefit than shadowmeld.
    i played UD combat rogue, i could see non rogue NE in SM. in BGs, ganks, etc i would attack them, they would panic and attempt SM. i did not need points in the sub tree to see them

it was this way until WOTLK, when blizzard insanely buffed SM, the QQ on it was huge, so huge, blizzard nerfed some parts of the SM monster they created but thru stealth buffs not documented have basicly leaked it back to what it has been for last 3 expacs

i also played NE rogue, i had no reason to use SM....EVER....until it became the full blown vanish. deep stealth, enabling insane crutch combos

- - - Updated - - -

stealth in van wow, is not close to the level it is today. in van wow, assa/comb rogues without points in sub could be spotted, like when in a BG you could see them up to 2-3 yards away trying to position for a backstab or ambush. trying to PP mobs in open world it was easy to get detected without 3 points in sub, even then you could get detected. even a sub rogue is not as deep stealth as modern WOW

in modern WOW stealth is seriously deep
    - as a outlaw rogue, i can sap a hunter standing in a flare and stay in stealth. this was not the case in van wow and spec rogue.
    - as a res druid, with bal affinity, i can stay in stealth open on a hunter with cat form, who is using detect hidden and has a flare lit, never would happen in van wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    ummmmm, shadowmeld has and will always be usable in combat. How else do you think the nelf could use it right at a wipe to stay alive and still reset the fight,
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

etc i would attack them, they would panic and attempt SM. i did not need points in the sub tree to see them
    Probably because they couldn't shadowmeld in combat and anybody could see them...