Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizz if you're reading, please don't do a new class. In-fact, remove some specs.

It's pretty crystal clear at this point that one of the key problems with current class design...is that there is too much of it to be done for the devs.

Yet again we have several dead specs, several more that have poor mechanics, all dps basically has the same tools, etc etc.

On top of not adding anything, I think certain specs are really good candidates for removal. Sub rogues, arcane mages, demo locks, feral druids, arms wars, surv hunter, frost DK, Disc priest (as much as I love the concept of disc).

The idea being that you remove these specs, roll some of abilities/thematics into other specs, and have a healthier game.

For example, with arcane, you can easily give other specs some arcane spells. They are still a mage, all mages having access to arcane spells makes sense. Same with demo lock. Arms wars are just plain redundant with fury, its a pointless spec. All rogues can have subtlety elements. Etc etc etc.

<derailing-thread comment removed>
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-06-04 at 10:14 PM.

...I agree we don't need more classes..its literally a balancing nightmare as it is and no one will ever be happy but, I don't know if you looked through these forums..at all.. but removing shit NEVER goes well in wow

Blizz tries to remove flying..MASS UPROAR
    Blizz prunes abilities..MASS UPROAR
    Blizz removes Old Naxx,ZA,ZG..MAS UPROAR
    Hell removing one of I believe most toxic things blizz has ever implemented (The cashflow guild perk) pissed a LOT of people off...

removing specs is just going to piss people off more than anything cause as useless as you think a spec is..there is ALWAYS going to be people who will say that is THEIR SPEC

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...I agree we don't need more classes..its literally a balancing nightmare as it is and no one will ever be happy but, I don't know if you looked through these forums..at all.. but removing shit NEVER goes well in wow

Blizz tries to remove flying..MASS UPROAR
    Blizz prunes abilities..MASS UPROAR
    Blizz removes Old Naxx,ZA,ZG..MAS UPROAR
    Hell removing one of I believe most toxic things blizz has ever implemented (The cashflow guild perk) pissed a LOT of people off...

removing specs is just going to piss people off more than anything cause as useless as you think a spec is..there is ALWAYS going to be people who will say that is THEIR SPEC
    Ya it would cause an uproar, deserved or not. People are more concerned with losing redundant specs than the health of the game. Sometimes you have to ignore the dumb playerbase. Not always, but sometimes.

I would love a new Class I could also care less if they add one or not though. I would rather they totally have split PVP/ PVE balance, and bring back Hybrid Tax so that Pure DPS classes are the best DPS in the game as they should be.

I watched a video by Talesin (sp?) and Evitel where they talked about having 'class skins' it was actually a pretty good idea. You would end up with more classes, but no additional balancing.

Demonology lock.

Could be debated that it's the best spec for M+ for locks.

But remove it, because you think it's a dead spec?

Disc priest is also really solid, yet remove it?

Nothing about removing these specs would make the game "more healthier". You'd just annoy people who enjoy that playstyle.
    And in trying to convert abilities over you'd just end up with specs feeling too bloated again.

I think the root problem is that each spec is too defined, more so than ever like their own little class within the main class instead of being more free form.

A new class would be a bitch to implement in any way that makes it feel new.
    I'm still unsure if "demon hunter" was all that good considering how much they had to take away from warlocks.

As much as of an uproar it would cause and as much as I love some of those specs, I agree.

Not because I think specs are bad or anything, just purely that they could create much more interesting game play with fewer specs, giving other specs some abilities from the removed ones would liven up a lot of rotations and play styles. Not to mention the amount of time it would free up for the devs trying to balance every spec and ability currently in the game.

Honestly part of what makes combat so boring in WoW is the lack of choice. It's press button A, B, C, D repeat. There's no situations where going off the rotation is beneficial. Sure there are correct times to use cooldowns or swap between AoE and single target but outside of that, unless you're dodging a mechanic, it's stand there and press the same buttons over and over in a specific order.

Unfortunately more complex combat requires much fewer abilities to exist because you can't have unique combat encounters and balance them to all these abilities. Look at mage tower for example, many specs shared the same bosses because they could all deal with those bosses the same way.

Prune until you hit heartwood!

Perhaps you should have first considered that they should remove all these extraneous procs and passives that have ZERO combat interaction, many shared across classes and specs with Azerite (like that's balanceable LMAO). Trinkets are already hard enough to balance and they're basically stuffing us with handfuls of them since at least Legion, and 8.2 is only going to get more ridiculous with essences.

All the pruning they've done so far hasn't served class balance in the least, and all of their explanations to us about their reasoning aside, I'd bet on it just being an internal push to make things easier to tune to begin with. In typical fashion that has backfired because after 15 years they still can't get the right hand to talk to the left hand.
    Last edited by Rezanjin; 2019-06-04 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Demonology lock.

Could be debated that it's the best spec for M+ for locks.

But remove it, because you think it's a dead spec?

Disc priest is also really solid, yet remove it?

Nothing about removing these specs would make the game "more healthier". You'd just annoy people who enjoy that playstyle.
    And in trying to convert abilities over you'd just end up with specs feeling too bloated again.
    Some are debatable admittedly, those being the 2 most debatable I listed.

How does giving devs less specs to get right NOT make the game healthier? They've shone time and again that they can't handle 30+ specs.

I vote we remove the speccs the OP plays as.

But only from his account.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I vote we remove the speccs the OP plays as.

But only from his account.
    Theres the shitposting I expect from this forum, bravo.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd argue that we shouldn't remove specs, they should be re-designed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Some are debatable admittedly, those being the 2 most debatable I listed.

How does giving devs less specs to get right NOT make the game healthier? They've shone time and again that they can't handle 30+ specs.
    Because outside of people having an insane desire to min/max things to push the extreme, every class and spec can be used in basically every situation.

There's no need to remove them just because people like to follow the mob mentality of "Must copy the top players".

5+ Year Old Account
    Irony, seeing the title of your thread.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Removing specs would be a good way to kill the game, hard to see how that’s healthier.

The gall on calling my honest opinion shitposting. The gall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because outside of people having an insane desire to min/max things to push the extreme, every class and spec can be used in basically every situation.

There's no need to remove them just because people like to follow the mob mentality of "Must copy the top players".
    I dont count a 30% dif in top from bottom in heroic on warcraftlogs as acceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Irony, seeing the title of your thread.
    I explained why removing specs is a good thing, although I highly doubt you read my first post. Or you wouldn't be calling my title that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The gall on calling my honest opinion shitposting. The gall.
    Calling what you said "honest opinion" good lord lol. Not that I expect much from mmochamp posters.

I dont count a 30% dif in top from bottom in heroic on warcraftlogs as acceptable.
    That's comparing across classes, not specs.

So by that logic DKs should just be removed in general since both Frost and Unholy are at bottom.

And frost should be the first to go for mages, not arcane.