Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    I really, really want to play beta, but honestly, in the end, I know I would enjoy live version longer, without any burnout. Longing is a proven method.

Majority who plays beta is not streamers, by far. Out of 3000 people in the beta, maybe 100 is streaming, I would bet less. It's the exposure what people see but not the other folks who just play and report.
    I'm in the beta and I'm not a streamer. I thought I would get burnout too but oh man at this point I don't even think it's possible. I've seriously been leveling multiple characters, even some of the same class, and I have yet to feel any amount of burnout yet.

I'm sorry for putting salt in the wound about you not getting a beta invite, but trust me when I say it's 100% going to be worth the wait when you do finally get to sit down and play it. I'm excited for when Classic finally comes out and you all get to come join in on the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I'm in the beta and I'm not a streamer. I thought I would get burnout too but oh man at this point I don't even think it's possible. I've seriously been leveling multiple characters, even some of the same class, and I have yet to feel any amount of burnout yet.

I'm sorry for putting salt in the wound about you not getting a beta invite, but trust me when I say it's 100% going to be worth the wait when you do finally get to sit down and play it. I'm excited for when Classic finally comes out and you all get to come join in on the fun.
    i leveled to 12 and no longer login. Its boring af and knowing that the character will be wiped gives me 0 reasons to keep leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    i leveled to 12 and no longer login. Its boring af and knowing that the character will be wiped gives me 0 reasons to keep leveling.
    it will be equaly boring when its live. And chars will basically be wiped there aswell. There is no future in classic. When the final raid timegate is opened, then thats that, game over

You're there to test it, not engage in long term character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    So you won't be playing classic ?
    If my character wont be deleted and i get i have nothing better to do, ill play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s literally how every beta has worked.
    this is a bit different i think. Me and the only 3 other people on my friends list who actually played since release, got beta invite. No one else in my guild or friends list who started later got in. None of us are streamers either

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    this is a bit different i think. Me and the only 3 other people on my friends list who actually played since release, got beta invite. No one else in my guild or friends list who started later got in. None of us are streamers either
    It’s rng just like every beta the only thing that has changed is that you need to be subbed.

It seems the first bunch of invites went to streamers and content producers. Perfectly fine with that.

They then did a small invite of people who opted in... with very particular criteria.

Then a rather large invite pool of stress testers

Rumor was a F&F list was invited now.

This is progress.

Sounds like they:

Got their media support in place
    Got some hardcore vanilla players in to test accuracy.
    Got the servers stress tested for multiple logins using layering.

In other words, up til now it's been a technical beta and NOW are inviting people to more completely test the content.

They naturally started with F&F and perhaps the next wave is for the common WoW player.

let's go boys!

man i love this beta

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people will burn out especially if beta cap eventually goes to 60. The temptation to try it all out now is going to be too much, and it's quite likely that it will kill the hype to some degree.
    Streamers may lose some of the excitement that they would have had for live release.
    I'd like to see a totally different set of people chosen for the new level cap and if they change cap again later, again new people getting access, the others not
    So far it's been the world of streamcraft. We can see why blizzard gave beta to streamers but we feel it's unfair too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post

youll get burned out, classic leveling is ass boring

7+ Year Old Account
    I would have been 20 quick but never got an invite so yeah they wont get much feedback due to only streamers on and little to none common players.

meh............. whens Darkest Dungeon 2, cyberpunk 2077, Iceborne and BFA 8.2 out?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    youll get burned out, classic leveling is ass boring
    Hahahaha, no. BfA leveling however is the biggests joke leveling of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Hahahaha, no. BfA leveling however is the biggests joke leveling of all time.
    I will say that its too easy currently but thats mainly because we're at 120 levels. If they want to make the leveling experience harder we're going to need a level squish and change the way we do things when new expansions drop as the leveling system isnt the best way in the long run. But the quest's after cata revamp, the quests flow, the story, etc are waaaayyyyyyyy better than classics lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    How does number of levels affect leveling? Its just a number. If it was 60 levels instead of 120, but each level required double amount of XP, it would be exactly the same.

As for quest quality, its a matter of opinion. For you Cataclysm quest system is better, for me its worse. I don't like handholding, I don't like when my character is some kind of saviour (this is a multi-player game, not single player, so whole premise of being hero doesn't make sense), I don't like when quests are streamlined into oblivion so each quest is same as previous one, zone-wide stories and quest lines feel disconnected from the rest of world. I prefer when quests span multiple zones, when I'm just another adventurer, one of many adventurers, when mobs can fight back, when quest objective is not near quest giver and requires some thinking. New quest types are basically same old collect/kill X, but with different UI, though it is nice to have variation in UI.

That's why BfA and Classic will co-exist - for players who prefer post-WoTLK WoW there is BfA, for players who prefer old WoW there will be Classic. Different games for different players.
    The old quest system barely needed you to think. You just needed to read and most people just looked at thottbot back then. at this point you already know what to do. ill give you the spanning zone thing but come on the story in zones are awesome. Ferelas story is one of my favorite parts of the revamp.

Also the issue with the levels is that imagine if you had classic leveling speed with 120 levels but exponentially increasing in time. So it would actually take longer to reach 120 than it did from 1-60. That will be fun maybe one time and thats it. I couldnt stand the slowness grinding to 60...shit was so boring after a while and one of the only times i needed a break because more quests were the same. New quests are atleast engaing in a narrative. And you're not some hero at lvl 1 lol that happened after WoTLK because hello we are in every major battle. of course we continue to get stronger and more recognized, it actually makes sense when you think about it

Got to love how they don't post it on the BETA FORUMS

If my character wont be deleted and i get i have nothing better to do, ill play classic.
    I’m with you on this one. I’ve got the level 30 and did all that Jazz, but I’m not no-lifing it for the beta. I really enjoyed it, but that grind is not for wasting days of played. Yes, we’re there to test, and I am, but I’m not grinding out the level 40 meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s rng just like every beta the only thing that has changed is that you need to be subbed.
    its rng, but its also different this beta then others. Blueposter confirmed they are looking at others things they don't look at in retail beta's. Like the age of your account. And that was my main point of the previous post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    But you will at least try it right ?
    Highly unlikely. Been there done that. Depends on how many from my current guild gonna try it. Might succumb to peer pressure

Beta's died a while ago, its more of a marketing ploy.