Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    I personally am OK with rewards in Classic transfering over to retail
    Blizzerd Pl0x this raids are too hard and take too much time , these elitist assholes won't carry my ass through to get that special mog/mount/title for my beloved true wow retail. BLizzz Fixxx now. I pay the same sub as those rose tinted glasses idiots who want to play classic for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Blizzerd Pl0x this raids are too hard and take too much time , these elitist assholes won't carry my ass through to get that special mog/mount/title for my beloved true wow retail. BLizzz Fixxx now. I pay the same sub as those rose tinted glasses idiots who want to play classic for classic.
    I have to be honest here, i have absolutely no idea who you are mocking. Its clear you are trying to be rude towards either fans of classic or fans of retail, but your message is so convoluted i cant tell who you are trying to insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    Yes, lets have needy shits that just want to zerg through everything and complain when things are not done in 10 min because it will give them something in the dogshit version of the game!
    I agree. Just because you zerg 10 minutes in retail doesn't give you the right to anything in the dogshit version of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have to be honest here, i have absolutely no idea who you are mocking. Its clear you are trying to be rude towards either fans of classic or fans of retail, but your message is so convoluted i cant tell who you are trying to insult.
    Its a mockery of the "fans" of retail. Its also an exact framework of a posts that started all the garbage. I remember them like it was yesterday. These kinds of posts flooded the US forums in Cata's first tier and thats when Blizzard decided to get "progressive" with their retarded choices.

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    and this is why they won't. you are the exact type of person blizzard as well as the classic community wants to keep far away from the game.
    How self important can you get?
    ”As the self appointed representative of the council of speaking on behalf of Blizzard, I can tell you that you sir, are exactly the type of person Blizzard doesn't want playing their games.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its a mockery of the "fans" of retail. Its also an exact framework of a posts that started all the garbage. I remember them like it was yesterday. These kinds of posts flooded the US forums in Cata's first tier and thats when Blizzard decided to get "progressive" with their retarded choices.
    Source on where it says that fans of retail cannot be fans of classic? Or an apology. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Source on where it says that fans of retail cannot be fans of classic? Or an apology. Your choice.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

HAHAHHA it gets funnier. No, there is nothing at all FORCING you to go back and get some bloody transmog. Holy shit man, grow up and try to understand something being available is not FORCING you to go after it. Encouraging - That is a word you might like to look up.

Forcing........hahahahahahahahahaha
    Call it however you want - bottom line is, many people value these tmogs/mounts and will feel obliged to get them. So no classic achievements/mounts coming to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    He never said they can't...

OT: The separation is needed and for the same reason on the first page, they don't want people to be compelled in any way to play Classic for something in retail. If anything it will detract user activity in retail and possibly skew the stats of both version's popularity. People can claim they are playing Classic just for the transferable mogs/mounts and not the game itself.

I don't see anything prestigious on doing something within a certain point of time. What earns the prestige (IMO) is the challenge. Glad ranked players earned their prestige. World/realm firsts (or close to them) earn the prestige. Just doing something exclusive within a certain time frame is just loyalty reward.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'd really like to see Classic items unlock transmog in current WoW, it would give me a bit more incentive to play what is essentially a dead game beyond the initial leveling.
    Feel the same way to be honest. I completed it 15 years ago (aside from the PvP rank system, where I think I stopped at 8 or something) and have no real desire to go back. If I could get an opportunity to go back in to re-obtain (!) my tier sets (namely Tier 0, 0.5 etc) and some weapon transmogs, stuff I threw out while stacking Resistance pots and mistletoes of all things for god knows what reason (think it had to do with a buff or something) long before x-mog was added I would maybe give it a thought.

I've got a few friends that are a bit intrigued (that didn't play/played a small part of Vanilla), but I just can't get in the mood/state of mind to be excited about joining them despite their ongoing attempts to guilt me into playing. There's absolutely nothing for me to see that I haven't already.

I don't get the "force you into playing classic" argument at all. I'd rather call it "give you an opportunity to get something out of Classic".

Oh well isnt that cute, hes trying to troll. I remember my first troll, it seems like only yesterday. Remember, double down on your absurd claim that no one can be interested in both retail and classic - really commit to it. Do ridiculous things like ask for "proof", and then start talking about other stuff like the Dunning–Kruger effect, and causation vs correlation.

I see great things for you in your future - although you are only a little tiny tier 1 troll now, im sure you will grow into something very special.

I would argue over 40% of ppl who play classic once or more per week will actually be active retail players. I have come to this conclusion by randomly selecting a number that doesnt seem too unrealistic, and backed it up with nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Call it however you want - bottom line is, many people value these tmogs/mounts and will feel obliged to get them. So no classic achievements/mounts coming to retail.
    Words are very important. The difference between encouraging someone to do something, or, someone feeling encouraged to do something Vs someone forcing someone to do something, or, someone feeling forced to do something is really quite stark.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    He never said they can't...

Yes, they did......

Words are very important. The difference between encouraging someone to do something, or, someone feeling encouraged to do something Vs someone forcing someone to do something, or, someone feeling forced to do something is really quite stark.
    Words are important, but that difference here is very thin. Though Blizzard already said that nothing would transfer to Retail so the whole thread is kinda meaningless

Words are important, but that difference here is very thin. Though Blizzard already said that nothing would transfer to Retail so the whole thread is kinda meaningless
    The difference is absolutely HUGE. Its literally the difference between consensual sex and rape, employment and slavery. Please dont downplay the difference between someone being FORCED to do something and someone feeling ENCOURAGED to do something.

Seriously, if English is not your first language, thats fine, but that is not an insignificant difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    It’s funny you bring up Corrupted Ashbringer since I’d say that someone who gets it in Classic probably “deserves” it more than those people who got it during TBC. It’s also absolutely ridiculous to think that “everyone” would get those items even if it was allowed to xmog across to retail.
    Of course those Atiesh/Corrupted Ashbringer's from Vanilla are more enjoyable than the ones made throughout TBC...

I'm gonna try not to start another debate about this, but I think that Vanilla is not about difficulty but it is about gear/spec choices...

I think back in the day most people did not raid that much Naxxramas because of the time needed to prepare everything...
    - You needed resistance gear;
    - You needed 5-8 equipped tanks for it;
    - Few pieces dropping, which was months to equip a full raid for it;

If they do not push TBC on the Vanilla Servers, there will be some pugs doing high end raids and eventually people will start "farming" this... I don't think this will be exactly like Vanilla... From what I remember, there was no difficulty on the encounters... Was more about how you handle 40 players and have enough gear for it.

But that's my point of view, and I know 50% of those reading this won't agree.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

The difference is absolutely HUGE. Its literally the difference between consensual sex and rape, employment and slavery. Please dont downplay the difference between someone being FORCED to do something and someone feeling ENCOURAGED to do something.

Seriously, if English is not your first language, thats fine, but that is not an insignificant difference.
    You are taking it to extreme here, talking about sex and rape. Though forced could be used to describe what would happen to a person on retail who would want that sweet mount but hated that idea of playing classic. If you ask that person - *forced* will be the term he or she will use, certainly not encouraged. Especially if that would be the only way to get it.

You are taking it to extreme here, talking about sex and rape. Though forced could be used to describe what would happen to a person on retail who would want that sweet mount but hated that idea of playing classic. If you ask that person - *forced* will be the term he or she will use, certainly not encouraged. Especially if that would be the only way to get it.
    haha, no, just leave it, you are extremely confused and absolutely wrong. You are using the word FORCED to describe someone WANTING to get some pixels in a game. It is absolutely 100% the wrong word to be using.

haha, no, just leave it, you are extremely confused and absolutely wrong. You are using the word FORCED to describe someone WANTING to get some pixels in a game. It is absolutely 100% the wrong word to be using.
    That's your point of view and it's fine. You find that as WANTING, someone find it as FORCED. Someone play WoW hardcore and some log in 1 hour a week to level some pets. Perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    That mount is unobtainable on Retail. I really hope they'll never let you get those items from Classic and use them on Retail...
    They'd destroy the gold dump on Tier 3 Pieces... People using really rare items (AQ Mount, Atiesh, Corrupted Ashbringer, etc...) will mean nothing, since everyone will be able to get them some time...

I hope they keep everything seperated and don't mess stuff. Classic will stay Classic... If they open in the future some Wotlk Servers they keep all the titles seperated as well from Retail....
    Agreed. And this is from a mage THREE shards away from Ateish before it was removed

Please dont downplay the difference between someone being FORCED to do something and someone feeling ENCOURAGED to do something.
    Actually

Encouraging someone to do something would fall under coercion, sounds forced to me.

Forcing your ding dong in someone is rape, someone making the choice to have sex with someone may not be rape but it could still be forced.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-06-04 at 11:19 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

That's your point of view and it's fine. You find that as WANTING, someone find it as FORCED. Someone play WoW hardcore and some log in 1 hour a week to level some pets. Perspective.
    Is someone holding this imaginary person at gun point? If not, I would hardly call it forced. That word is used too lightly. No one is forcing anyone to collect any transmog, nor gear in a video game. You can simply just not do it if you don't want to.

However, if you really want it, you have to put in the work to obtain it. NO ONE is forcing ANY ONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Went right to rape. Absurd.