Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    They need to have all classes feel like actual classes, instead of turning each spec into a mini-class. It is boring af, and it doesn't help at all with class balance (which is hilariously bad in BfA) , aside from !@#&ting on that so touted Class Fantasy (TM).

In short: do not remove ANYTHING, improve and expand on what we have today.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

As much as people QQ about new classes "its impossibruh to balance!" (are you saying its balanced now or ever was?), I'd like to point out something.

The expansions withn ew classes have always (as far as I know) been the better expansions and the ones without no new classes have been the bad ones. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It's pretty crystal clear at this point that one of the key problems with current class design...is that there is too much of it to be done for the devs.
    It's a non-starter that the will remove anything. I have some sympathy about not adding more.

I await your non-constructive hostile replies, average mmochamp poster
    Don't do this. I'm removing it from your post as derailing. Next time I'll close the thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    What a bad idea.

No. Don't remove player choice.

Add hybridisation options.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    <derailing-thread comment removed>
    Lol Something he said was "derailing" the thread HE started?

That seems legit....
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's not healthy for the game? Hyperfocused streamlining. BFA's classes are the shitshow they are because of excessive pruning, removing abilities that only had 'rp value,' and endlessly pushing toward having everything slicker than a sci-fi business office. The absolute, absolute last thing classes need is more pruning. What they need is less hyperfocus on specs. A mage should have a collection of skills from all three trees with one emphasized as an Arcane mage, not all their abilities suddenly reskinned, and in many cases completely altered functionally, into Arcane spells once they spec into Arcane. An Arms warrior should specialize in two-handed weapons, but be able to throw on sword and board for a little extra survivability if things go tits-up and not be locked out of 2/3 their main abilities.

Encouraging lazy class design and trying to prune the game down even closer to MOBA-levels of retard-friendly ability design, rather than push for expanding back toward an RPG where your character feels like a class who specialized rather than a hyperfocused idiot savant who lacks the mental capacity to handle more than 3 to 6 abilities or spells at one time (and they all must be thematic to their specialization, lest they suffer a meltdown and stand about babbling incoherently), is just going to continue the steady skullfucking of the game's core gameplay loop (that is, how your character interacts with the world) that began with the large-scale pruning in Warlords of Boredom.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Lol Something he said was "derailing" the thread HE started?

That seems legit....
    Yes, see #109
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Guys, why have 3 specs with each one having only a little bit of good things instead of one super spec that has all the great things.

Last edited by Felmourn; 2019-06-04 at 10:28 PM.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Or maybe just stop obsessing about trying to get everything perfectly balanced?

The OP did seem to be very passive-aggressive...

Clearly OP doesn't understand what the core of an MMORPG is, if anything Blizzard should add forth specs and a new class next expansion. Not everything needs to be perfectly balanced for every form of content, there is massive and inherent value in class and gameplay fantasy that OP is just ignoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Remove specs? Fuck no. They've pruned enough as it is without pruning specs too. I sure as hell don't want to see my favorite specs deleted.

I haven't played in a long while. But every now and then I do reminisce over my druid. Loved the shapeshifting...I have been considering returning for Classic. And if they ever make more of those "Anniversary Editions" for Classic (sold out too fast for me. Why didn't they have more available? *sigh*) I probably would...(That's a hint Blizz)

Of course if my favorite spec was tossed out...

Ya it would cause an uproar, deserved or not. People are more concerned with losing redundant specs than the health of the game. Sometimes you have to ignore the dumb playerbase. Not always, but sometimes.
    What spec would you like removed and why?

TFW OP thinks his suggestion was good. Please don't ever try giving any meaningless feedback like this one here again.

Removing specs isn't on the table

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Demonology lock.

Could be debated that it's the best spec for M+ for locks.

But remove it, because you think it's a dead spec?

Disc priest is also really solid, yet remove it?

Nothing about removing these specs would make the game "more healthier". You'd just annoy people who enjoy that playstyle.
    And in trying to convert abilities over you'd just end up with specs feeling too bloated again.
    In regards to demo lock, it is the ONLY spec you can play in keys if you wish to be productive. The amount of trash you have to kill, Aff nor Destro can hold a candle to it. Which is pretty hard to swallow, consider Aff was THE M+ spec in legion. You go from being the best spec, to the worst in one expac? Not exactly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's comparing across classes, not specs.

So by that logic DKs should just be removed in general since both Frost and Unholy are at bottom.

And frost should be the first to go for mages, not arcane.
    You're being overly nitpicky for someone who's supposed to be a moderator. What does "X spec is currently performing well/not" have to do with OPs point that it'd be easier to balance and design if there were fewer specs?

I don't necessarily agree with the specs you want to remove, but the fact is that several are superfluous - just not anywhere near as many as you said. BM/MM, Frost/Unholy, Sub/Assass, Holy/Disc being the ones I can think of - this obviously won't ever happen though because far from every class has a superfluous spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet again we have several dead specs, several more that have poor mechanics, all dps basically has the same tools, etc etc.
    Some specs are less popular right now, so delete them? Seems like you're causing more problems than you're fixing. While it's possible that less specs are easier to balance, it's not a given.

On top of not adding anything, I think certain specs are really good candidates for removal.
    Mechanics-wise, maybe they are less valuable than other specs. But there is spec fantasy that would be missed:

Sub rogue: master of dancing in the shadows.
    Arcane mage: cast raw magic, unbound to any element.
    Demo lock: summon tons of monsters to attack your foes.
    Feral druid: play as a big stealthy cat.
    Arms warrior: smashing armour with precision.
    Surv hunter: using traps.
    Disc priest: balancing light and darkness.

The idea being that you remove these specs, roll some of abilities/thematics into other specs, and have a healthier game. For example, with arcane, you can easily give other specs some arcane spells. They are still a mage, all mages having access to arcane spells makes sense. Same with demo lock. Arms wars are just plain redundant with fury, its a pointless spec. All rogues can have subtlety elements. Etc etc etc.
    I agree that some specs are redundant. The devs have said this in the past. However, no one wants to actually lose a spec, it makes more sense to replace it. Combat to Outlaw was a general success, some of the specs you mentioned would be good too. Personally, I'd like to see Survival turned into a ranged-tank spec.

I have been advocating for a complete, ground up rebuild of almost every spec in the game. I am well aware this would alienate some "fans" but i think that is heavily exaggerated. Most will adapt, or simply play another spec. Considering how bad things are for ALMOST every spec, i think its time. What i will do is go out on a limb and say what specs i currently ENJOY (regardless of meter position) and in what content.

All normal / Heroic raids - very casual

Demo lock
    Prot Pally
    Blood Dk
    Prot War (more fun on trash vs bosses for sure)
    SV hunter
    WW Monk
    MW Monk

Still leveling but taken time timewalking / dungeons (115+)
    Shadow Priest
    Veng DH

Now, those specs are not PERFECT, and im sure they are garbage in certain content, but for me perosnally, those are pretty ok. The issue is i also HATE some of the same classes other specs: Frost dk and UH dk just dont interest me no matter how hard i try, BM monk is really not for me, etc etc.