Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing. The doctor must exhaust all other options as the patient allows. There may well be other options that the patient does not allow.
    There is also the requirement that the patient's suffering is unbearable with no prospect of improvement. This is simply not a statement that can be credibly made for psychiatric conditions. We simply do not have the science to allow us to make definitive statements.
    I agree, i do not mean to infer to nothing is debatable about legal euthanasia. I i did come across like that, i would need to edit my post.
    Your point is very much so debatable, they make a call ( judgement ) using current technologies and known treatments, but there is still subjectivity involved.

Don't think it is easy to cut out that part and make a 100% definitive statement based on 100% rock solid science only.

The thing that irks me to no end though is some people pretending we just off them for the fek of it.
    You don't just barge in to your local GP and say " hey im feeling shitty today, wanna die tomorrow, that ok ? " and they just say okidoki.

The process is not 100% in my opinion but wish people would stick to the actual facts of it.

On one hand I believe people should have the right to their own life and support the decision. On the other hand it's dangerous because its dangerous because it's a permanent solution to something that might be temporary. I completely understand not wanting to live and it's a bit silly and immoral forcing someone to live in pain just because someone don't want them to die.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My point earlier on was that often with psychiatric patients, psychosurgical measures are not taken because psychiatrists do not advocate for them (and cannot themselves perform them) and patients are rarely if ever advised to seek an opinion from a neurologist. Thus my issue with euthanasia in psychiatric cases is that our standards of care when it comes to mental illness are just not adequate.
    a neurologist ? Aren't they only involved in severe dementia cases that asked for euthanasia earlier ?
    Or was that your point ? that they do not get to work in tandem with psychiatric cases ?

How the hell did she get raped 3 times???

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the doctor who signed off the euthanasia papers can sleep well at night right now...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Let the psychically weak leave the gene pool. I'm looking at it as easy way out and at 17yrs old she was still a child and definitely acted like one.
    I pride myself on the fact that I've overcomed many issues in my life that came after I lost both parents in my teen years. So I will never understand those wanting to end their life if it's not going how they want it to go.

What ethnicity were her attackers?

17 is an absurd age to let someone off themselves. Most kids have never even truly experienced life by that age. There is just so much that changes over the coming decade, you are no longer the same person that you used to be in grade school.

Regardless of how bleak the future appears, everyone should stay and fight, something good might come of it.

If I killed myself when I was going through a major depressive episode 10 years ago, I would not have met my Wife or have gotten to meet all three of my amazing little Daughters.

Christ... People still parrot the "suicide is the easy way out". Not only is that wrong. But it also perpetuate stigma against mentally ill that they are cowards and/or weak which makes it harder for them to come out with their problems.

Anyone else don't like anything about this, it's fucked up to let someone so young legally join a channel to help accomplish this sad fate...

IT can be left behind if the right treatment/explanation is enacted, no matter the horror. Life and hope will always trump this behavior/thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I support assisted suicide. I think she is weak for wanting to die after a rape 3 years ago, but whatever... you wanna go, it should be your choice. Better than letting them be supported by the tax payer.
    Hahahahaha. Never change, MMO-Champion. Never change.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed that is my point. In severe cases of major depression, there are actually effective surgical options, most importantly deep brain stimulation (which is neurosurgery) or the much maligned electroconvulsive therapy. So you'd need a neurologist to refer you to a surgeon for them. And they are of course far more costly than just antidepressants.
    Hrm, that does seem like a glaring flaw.
    I'm gonna have to read up on those,not well versed in neurology ,my family is mostly made up by medical practitioners and i enjoy learning from them about many things but they almost all operate in cardio/vascular and oncology fields.

Thanks !

And that's why euthanasia shouldn't be available. Perfect example.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    The state is a murderer. I will never trust the public sector. Legal murder.

Eh, if you can decide your gender and transition before 18, you're more than mentally capable of ending your life before 18, too.

perhaps, if the option hadn't been there, she would have toughed it out and eventually found the will to live. or perhaps she'd have attempted suicide anyway, either being successful or ending up involuntarily committed or perhaps she would have become another drug addict living on the streets, we can never know
    what we do know is that she underwent some of the most awful things a person can go through and was left destroyed. some people, after that, manage to repair something and live again, some do not. but I don't think that even those of us who've been through similar experiences can really judge whether she made the right decision or not. I will say though that there was a point when, had the option been available to me, I would have taken it. I honestly believed, like her, that I had already been killed and was only existing and that it wasn't enough. I did finally get through that though and these days actually live instead of just existing so I'm glad I never did end things. whether the same would have happened to her though? who knows

hopefully her abusers will be charged with murder as well, since her death was a foreseeable consequence of their crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Eh, if you can decide your gender and transition before 18, you're more than mentally capable of ending your life before 18, too.
    I see what you did there. I guess we will just slide into chaos then

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    The state is a murderer. I will never trust the public sector. Legal murder.
    Yeah this would have been much better if handled by the private sector we'd have euthanasia advertisement on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Extremely bad luck.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.