Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Forcing someone to live when they don't want to is pretty inhumane.
    No its not. Killing a 17 years old over something like this however, is.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'm 38 and I don't watch anime, tyvm. We're done.
    38 and can't counter a point. yikes your brain probably stopped developing at 17 as well.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    That's a bit vague though and kind of doesn't concern the matter discussed.
    What exactly is vague about it? Also it's what I've been talking about and the post I responsed to, which you also responded to, was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I don't know what's even to discuss here. It's not like there are suicide booths that you enter and press a button.

It takes several moral and ethical consultants, psychologists and doctors over the course of months and years to approve of euthanasia.

There's no argument you can bring up here that she didn't hear and was made sure she'd understand, yet that was her decision. A decision she and only she could make. End of story.
    Ah the wisdom of a 17 years old, victim of a horrible rape only a few years before. Solid judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    38 and can't counter a point. yikes your brain probably stopped developing at 17 as well.
    Last one: a personal attack isn't a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    ...and as I said a medical professional and her mother were involved in the final decision. The idea that you think you know better than the person asking and the other two is next level idiocy.
    You seem pretty cultured. Are you cultured enough to comprehend that medical professionals in certain countries believe in voodoo? Surely that can be researched from your basement right? Does that mean it's right? Is voodoo right to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What exactly is vague about it? Also it's what I've been talking about and the post I responsed to, which you also responded to, was about.
    What I meant is you're discussing euthanasia as a whole, which surprisingly enough i do think has a place in society. However, as a poster said earlier on, this is a setback especially for those who think euthanasia should be legalised. You want to allow teenagers to make decisions over life and death in a society ran by social media? It would open the gates of hell.

K so what age do you say is proper for such a lifestyle. Can I kill myself at 5 years old? It's my life. Nothing will ever change from this point on and I hate having to get timeouts all the time. I can just kill myself right?
    Nope, it's a complex issue and needs to go theough proper channels and plenty of examinations before a decision on a case can be made. You also need to go through treatments to see if anything helps.. If nothing do you can start talking about it.

Why do you think anyone here evne argues for that you can just say "kill me" and that's that? At this point I seem to think yiu just refuse to even think about the arguments except "you don't agree with me thus your position is this"..it starts to become boring when I have to repeat my points because of your ridiculous reductions.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Last one: a personal attack isn't a point.
    It's not a personal attack. I'm using you as an example that even 38 is too inept of an age, apparently, to choose their own time to die. That hurts my initial argument as your brain should've been done developing 15 years ago, but you are proof that some people need more time.

How is it not?
    Sometimes you don't want to live. Sometimes things change and you find your will to live again. Forcing people to live saves lives. There are extreme e cases that could be discussed. This is not one though.

Ah the wisdom of a 17 years old, victim of a horrible rape only a few years before. Solid judgment.
    Have you known her? The professionals that approved of her decision (they could have labelled her mentally ill to stop it) did. So I rather tend to agree to them over someone who makes up hypothetical issues up out of nowhere without any knowledge of the case except some news article.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Because she was underage. Kids are not developed enough to make rational choices, least of all on whether to kill themselves or not.
    I was fairly certain that the entire point of the safeguards were that people with depression and other mental based problems weren't able to get assisted suicide tbh.

Then again if doctors are willing to allow children to undertake hormone therapy then this doesn't surprise me either

You seem pretty cultured. Are you cultured enough to comprehend that medical professionals in certain countries believe in voodoo? Surely that can be researched from your basement right? Does that mean it's right? Is voodoo right to you?
    doctors help patients end their life everywhere, regardless of legality. often at great risk to their careers and freedoms. most people are very understanding when its an old person suffering from very painful cancer.

but as is so often the case with mental problems, people can't relate to it and so dismiss it.

we trust doctors to make life and death decisions every day, how is this particular decision so much different?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Nope, it's a complex issue and needs to go theough proper channels and plenty of examinations before a decision on a case can be made. You also need to go through treatments to see if anything helps.. If nothing do you can start talking about it.

Why do you think anyone here evne argues for that you can just say "kill me" and that's that? At this point I seem to think yiu just refuse to even think about the arguments except "you don't agree with me thus your position is this"..it starts to become boring when I have to repeat my points because of your ridiculous reductions.
    You never had a valid point and you still don't. It's not right to kill yourself in your teens and any parent that let's you do that is a shit parent.

This is common sense for most.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the Netherlands...I'm done responding to your dumb ass. Bye.

i've always had a feeling that i hated the netherlands...couldn't ever figure why.

but now i know. seriously, that's some fucked up shit. europe loves to chime in on our gun situation in America, but you guys just let people go to a doctor and get put down like a dog. tragic.

legal euthanasia should be reserved for patients that are in constant physical pain, not 17 year old rape victims. as sad as rape is, she was still a child and in no way was she capable of comprehending the magnitude of what she was doing.

17. everything about her life could have changed over the next few years. move to a different town or country. go to new places. start a new life. leave all the sadness back in your old life. guess we'll never know.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-06-05 at 11:14 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Sounds like attention seeking and the young of the age led to stupid decisions.....
    She was raped, fuckin hell is readin that hard?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So you can't really explain how it's not. Ok.
    I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i've always had a feeling that i hated the netherlands...couldn't ever figure why.

but now i know. seriously, that's some fucked up shit. europe loves to chime in on our gun situation in America, but you guys just let people go to a doctor and get put down like a dog. tragic.
    I thought you guys loved freedom and personal choise...

What I meant is you're discussing euthanasia as a whole, which surprisingly enough i do think has a place in society. However, as a poster said earlier on, this is a setback especially for those who think euthanasia should be legalised. You want to allow teenagers to make decisions over life and death in a society ran by social media? It would open the gates of hell.
    Indeed if we accept this papers will be signed as soon as someone gets bullied through social media.

You seem to ignore the fact that to even get to that point where it's on the table you need to go trough examinations and treatments to prevent it being an option to begin with.

Once again, this is not about anyone should be able to say "kill me" and then we kill them..Christ.