Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Indeed if we accept this papers will be signed as soon as someone gets bullied through social media.

You seem to ignore the fact that to even get to that point where it's on the table you need to go trough examinations and treatments to prevent it being an option to begin with.

Once again, this is not about anyone should be able to say "kill me" and then we kill them..Christ.
    This girl did though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    Sometimes you don't want to live. Sometimes things change and you find your will to live again. Forcing people to live saves lives. There are extreme e cases that could be discussed. This is not one though.
    having two major sexual crimes happen to you when you barely even a teenager seems pretty extreme to me. that's a pretty formative stage in your life those events are going to be literally hardwired into your growing brain. wouldn't surprise me at all if that has permanent effects on your brainchemistry and what not.

This girl did though.
    No she didn't. She went through years of treatment prior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    doctors help patients end their life everywhere, regardless of legality. often at great risk to their careers and freedoms. most people are very understanding when its an old person suffering from very painful cancer.

but as is so often the case with mental problems, people can't relate to it and so dismiss it.

we trust doctors to make life and death decisions every day, how is this particular decision so much different?
    The assisted suicide wasn't being argued. The age is being argued. The parents lack of care is being argued.

I have nothing against assisted suicide, as long as it's not a parent telling their 17 year old daughter it's perfectly fine cause life is always gonna suck for them.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

People should be free to choose to die. They should also be free to get others to help them.

having two major sexual crimes happen to you when you barely even a teenager seems pretty extreme to me. that's a pretty formative stage in your life those events are going to be literally hardwired into your growing brain. wouldn't surprise me at all if that has permanent effects on your brainchemistry and what not.
    Sure. 17 years is also formative years for your brains though. She wasn't the first and probably not going to be the last to suffer from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i've always had a feeling that i hated the netherlands...couldn't ever figure why.

but now i know. seriously, that's some fucked up shit. europe loves to chime in on our gun situation in America, but you guys just let people go to a doctor and get put down like a dog. tragic.

legal euthanasia should be reserved for patients that are in constant physical pain, not 17 year olds.
    you should look up switzerlands suicide tourism. it's not THAT easy in the netherlands, some other countries it's a lot easier. ((easier than getting sex reassignment surgery approved though)

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No she didn't. She went through years of treatment prior to this.
    Dude you said that before. She was 17. She couldnt have gone through tears of treatment unless she started at 2. She didn't though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fought with severe depression for years and I admit I had suicidal thoughts at some point. Things eventually get better, but you have to be the one to make them so, no one can make it up for you.
    This truly is a tragedy, because I have experienced that you get out of the shithole eventually and start valuing your life. But it is too late for her to experiment this. She took this decision willingly and would have most probably just founrld a way to end her life by other means if not with this.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I thought you guys loved freedom and personal choise...
    humans like perceived freedom. all out freedom is very unorganized, don't you think?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

It's a proven fact, teens always make the best decisions - because they already know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    It's the Netherlands...I'm done responding to your dumb ass. Bye.
    Is this kid too dense to understand certain countries have different laws?

Lol alrighty.

Sure. 17 years is also formative years for your brains though. She wasn't the first and probably not going to be the last to suffer from that.
    if it was just the one incident i'd be onboard with you. but cause it happened twice i think there is a very real chance you are never getting back together again. i'm sure some people could, but i also think some people just can't.

Dude you said that before. She was 17. She couldnt have gone through tears of treatment unless she started at 2. She didn't though.
    She was first molested at 11. How many YEARS is it from that to 17? You must be just trolling at this point.

*shrug* Suicide, or "assisted death" has a terrible stigma anyway which it's past time we got over collectively.

If people want out, they want out, get the fuck out of their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    The assisted suicide wasn't being argued. The age is being argued. The parents lack of care is being argued.

I have nothing against assisted suicide, as long as it's not a parent telling their 17 year old daughter it's perfectly fine cause life is always gonna suck for them.
    sure, but what makes you think a 17 year old can't have mental suffering bad and permanent enough? and that a doctor can't judge that to be the case?

i'm also assuming here that you would be okay with it for minors with painful unrecoverable physical conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If people want out, they want out, get the fuck out of their way.
    past a certain age point. 17 is not that age.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

And 18 is? These are just numbers, there is no signifigant (if any) difference in maturity between the two.

If you insist. 17 years is plenty of time to decide you want out; but by all means demand that they stay alive to satisfy your sense of "what is proper".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

sure, but what makes you think a 17 year old can't have mental suffering bad and permanent enough? and that a doctor can't judge that to be the case?

i'm also assuming here that you would be okay with it for minors with painful unrecoverable physical conditions.
    Anyone at any age can have mental suffering. It's just a literal certainty that their brains will definitely develop since then if they're having mental troubles at 17. Will they for sure get over it? No. But they will mature further. If you still want to kill yourself then go ahead.

If you're at the age where your brain isn't done evolving and your mom is like, yeah she's sad kill her, then that's wrong. It gets better. Many people in this thread confirm this from actual experience.