Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Can Sylvanas rightfully remain Warchief?

Sure there has been a little friction as of late, but the Horde has churned through too many Warchieves.

Is there any future path where Sylvanas can remain Warchief? From where the story is at as we know it right now. Is there any story arc that you can think of where Sylvanas can rightfully remain Warchief that can be considered remotely plausible? Or is it a 100% certainty that she will be dethroned?

I would say that it's impossible for her to stick around, as every night elf fan would quit en masse if her genocide gets hand-waved away. But I'm not sure there's enough of us left at this point to make that much of a threat, so it's anyone's guess now.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Of course she can, by the will of the dreaded Mar'keting Dep'art'ment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Not happening unless they blot out any interaction with literally any racial leaders.

Like, Sylvanas is on the Alliance's shitlist for obvious reasons, that basically puts the entire Horde on their shitlist due the Warchief being the supreme leader.
    So basically any point where the Alliance and Horde even remotely interact with each other, Sylvanas being Warchief is a massive elephant in the room unless said Horde characters declare their disproval of Sylvanas, which obviously puts them at odds with their own faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I would say that it's impossible for her to stick around, as every night elf fan would quit en masse if her genocide gets hand-waved away. But I'm not sure there's enough of us left at this point to make that much of a threat, so it's anyone's guess now.
    As far as the Night Elves and Tyrande are concerned, they've already had their revenge for Teldrassil.

Given that the whole expansion is about axing her to induce faction unity, no, unless all the bitching has them change their mind at the last second.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Of course she can. She kills all dissenters and can rule by unanimous people's 'vote'.
    It's not like there's any rules to be nice. If she wants to be and stay warchief, she simply kills everyone who opposes her. Boom, done.

Yes. It is difficult, as with every patch traitors are getting stronger but if Sylvanas has a good plan, she can still dispose of that rebellion and continue war against the Alliance from a bit weakened position.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Reminder that Alliance players exist, and the vast majority of us will NEVER accept that. Sylvanas must pay for her crimes.

Oh, and for the record, that Saurfang storyline had better lead to something big after the amount of Orc potential that Blizzard shoved down my throat.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not happening unless they blot out any interaction with literally any racial leaders.

Like, Sylvanas is on the Alliance's shitlist for obvious reasons, that basically puts the entire Horde on their shitlist due the Warchief being the supreme leader.
    So basically any point where the Alliance and Horde even remotely interact with each other, Sylvanas being Warchief is a massive elephant in the room unless said Horde characters declare their disproval of Sylvanas, which obviously puts them at odds with their own faction.
    Well, they can always limit Alliance - Horde interaction to what we got in Cataclysm.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Of course she can. She kills all dissenters and can rule by unanimous people's 'vote'.
    It's not like there's any rules to be nice. If she wants to be and stay warchief, she simply kills everyone who opposes her. Boom, done.
    Pretty sure the horde doesn't decide rulers based on popular vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I think it is really stupid idea to make players of opposite faction decide on who will be warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Well, they can always limit Alliance - Horde interaction to what we got in Cataclysm.
    No thanks, we'd like to have a few zones left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Alliance will try to convince you that she can't because "she has to pay".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Reminder that Alliance players exist, and the vast majority of us will NEVER accept that. Sylvanas must pay for her crimes.
    So what? You aren't Horde players so it is not your buisiness.

Oh, and for the record, that Saurfang storyline had better lead to something big after the amount of Orc potential that Blizzard shoved down my throat.
    I don't think Blizz cares about Alliance players feelings. See how they handle Nelves.

Isn't it a good thing that there is tension between the two factions under Sylvanas' rule? Why would anybody want Alliance wanting a Horde leader that they 'like'?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Pretty sure the horde doesn't decide rulers based on popular vote.
    Exactly. Might makes right. She kills everyone who doesn't like her as warchief and she is and remains the warchief, with nobody speaking against her. Which, btw, is also why I put the 'vote' in quotes

Alliance will try to convince you that she can't because "she has to pay".
    Well, yes, which will create some more conflict, but I don't think the Alliance objecting to her rule would overly concern Sylvanas
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2019-06-05 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I don't think Blizz cares about Alliance players feelings. See how they handle Nelves.
    When did they care about Horde feelings?

When did they care about Horde feelings?
    They care about feelings of one specific part of the Horde players, one that prefers stagnation and stupidity. Thats why we have the massive money drain called "Saurfang cinematics".

10+ Year Old Account
    She would have to defeat Thrall, Saurfang and company, and the Alliance and the Horde, will at least be in a cold war after BFA.

As is really unlikely the Alliance would look for treates or something of that sort with the Horde if she's still Warchief