Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    People have been claiming that WoW have been dying since 2004, which is what he ment by his post. We've seen this kind of posts ever since then.
    Well of course.

But now it actually is lmao

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    These are golden. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    These are golden. Thank you.
    Yeah if what seleri posted doesn't say everything that needs to be said then idk what will.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    numbers always fluctuate though. start of an expac brings people in, then they drop off a few weeks after launch. raids and patches usually bring some people back but yeah it kinda ebbs and flows. what I don't get is why people are so obsessed with the numbers, as if they can only enjoy the game if a certain number of people are playing it - which isn't really how the game works and is why they stopped reporting numbers externally because everyone was focused on numbers rather than the game itself
    Hey I'm not saying that WoW is dead. I'm just saying that it has been circling the drain meaning it slowly bleeds users. The number of customers doesn't necessarily have a huge impact on me (I don't even have an active sub right now anyway). However the more active users there are the more resources Blizzard has available to expand the product. At least that should be the basic approach.

In the end every game will die at some point. The question is always what you do to stop or at least slow down the bleeding. In my opinion the increase of "speed" that you have in game didn't help this process overall.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Circle of life, breathe change instead of being choked up in it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by matildadilda2522 View Post
    More recycling old content for the WORST XPAC ever, WTG blizz
    No wonder you've lost millions of subscribers, And rapidly heading to the bottom of the best mmo list.
    MODs...Dont forget to delete this post like you do the others, because it makes you uncomfortable to read the truth, maybe this time you can top the 1FPS that classic had
    The only truth is that idiot naysayers with new accounts made specifically to troll people are fucking annoying. That is why shitposts like this get deleted!
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-06-05 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matildadilda2522 View Post
    More recycling old content for the WORST XPAC ever, WTG blizz
    No wonder you've lost millions of subscribers, And rapidly heading to the bottom of the best mmo list.
    MODs...Dont forget to delete this post like you do the others, because it makes you uncomfortable to read the truth, maybe this time you can top the 1FPS that classic had
    Once upon a time, there was an MMO plagued with problems, published by a well known studio with a reputation for quality in smaller game spaces. This MMO grew in popularity and with such speed that it couldn't help but grow at a pace where quality couldn't keep up. Despite problems plaguing the game since launch, problems that never got better even with many expansions launched since, players ultimately created cohesive groups by banding with each other and approaching the game from an intimate place to share wonderful social experiences.

This is the Unicorn that people refer to when they remember Wow fondly, claim it's dead, or tell their real life friends why they quit. Unfortunately, it's not the game that has died or that has lost its soul... it's people, who have lost their play group, realizing there isn't much reason to play without one. There's something to be said about playing a game for others that cannot be said about playing alone...

Sharing the experience is everything.

Instead of wishing for Blizzard to bring the game back to whatever place gave you a home, figure out how to create a home wherever you find yourself playing a game you enjoy. I loved Wow because it was deep, interesting, and vast. There were so many angles to explore it reminded me of life on a number of levels, arming me with tools for success I didn't have before I played Wow. All the same, those things I once enjoyed about Wow, stopped existing in the way I enjoyed them.

So I moved on. Wow is still here, chugging along broken haphazardly. But I hear they are bringing classic back, so that's nice.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    At least they aren't advertising their voodoo love-doctor services.
    I dunno, voodoo love-doctor services are probably a good deal more useful than people shitposting about wow dying

If you want a real good laugh, take a trip to the WoW forums on October 2nd, 2003 (before the game even launched).

Notice the topic near the bottom. "Why Blizzard Will Fail in the MMORPG Market".

"wow is dying". First time I have seen that. or maybe not? People have been making threads like yours since BC was released.

Cant wait for new threads like this halfway into 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    If you want a real good laugh, take a trip to the WoW forums on October 2nd, 2003 (before the game even launched).

Notice the topic near the bottom. "Why Blizzard Will Fail in the MMORPG Market".
    haha this is great! Some things never change.

I have seen a thread like this since I started on these forums. The first 50 got me worried, now its just eye roll worthy.

What is dead can never die.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is dying threads are not allowed.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."