View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Until Brexit the NHS is subject to EU competition rules which means artificially high costs for medicine in the UK. If US drug companies were allowed free access to the UK market they would lower the costs of many drugs through competition to patients.
    Oh, yeah, the US is famous for cheap drugs...

Do you even read what you're writing?

And since when is competition driving prices up?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Unification wasn't the reason for austerity. We got a specific tax set aside for that very purpose, it's called the solidarity tax and money from that is flowing eastwards into infrastructure. Yes, present tense, because we're still paying for that. So that's not the reason.

Austerity was begun by our leftist Government back in the early 2000s and then continued with Merkel until early 2010s or so. We've never officially talked about it, but as far as I can tell, austerity isn't happening anymore. We're in normal spending mode. The only reason we got these surplusses is that we had a proper economic boom now that the east is catching up and our crazy finance minister was an economic genius for once.

Of course, there were sectors that suffered. Our military is really not happy, but they're getting more funds now. We're slowly ramping shit up, but Germany doesn't play fast and loose with tax money like some would hope.

There has never been any "patriotism" in accepting low wages. Our unions are really more responsible for this than anyone else. And the current mentality is that we'd rather have a badly paid job than no job at all. What you're describing is not true. It's really stark naked fear of unemployment that keeps people in line. The Government has next to nothing to do with it. The last time we heard a Chancellor talk about saving money and how everyone had to pitch in was over a decade ago.

Corporations and companies are also reluctant to invest into labor cost thanks to Brexit and other international economic problems... add it all together and you have a situation in which one side isn't willing to increase wages while the other side isn't willing to risk their job over wages.

TL;DR: We're not suffering enough, that's why wages are low (while still high in comparison to other countries).
    Lucky Germans... We are still in austerity mode in dutchieland... (I hate the netherlands politicians with a burning passion).. with possibly even new austerity measures coming in 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Lucky Germans... We are still in austerity mode in dutchieland... (I hate the netherlands politicians with a burning passion).. with possibly even new austerity measures coming in 2020.
    If you will indulge yourselves in expensive vanity projects, like EU membership, only yourself to blame. You could always leave and save billions!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This bait is a bit too obvious.
    way too obvious Bit I will humor myself and bite:

Leaving means: returning to guilders = downgrading how much its worth, renegiotating trade deals.. you got more oomph if you do that with 300+ million people, then 17million people. = costs billions for no gain.

Well, to be fair... from what my brother told me when he worked there for a couple of years, The Netherlands is kind of a paradise working environment with social benefits that outclass even our own. That's costing you a lot, I'm guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If you will indulge yourselves in expensive vanity projects, like EU membership, only yourself to blame. You could always leave and save billions!
    Trillions, mate. And the world will bow down and recognise the Dutch superiority and beg for trade deals. Except the British Empire, of course. Nobody can contest the supreme rule of the British that everyone would benefit from.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Well, to be fair... from what my brother told me when he worked there for a couple of years, The Netherlands is kind of a paradise working environment with social benefits that outclass even our own. That's costing you a lot, I'm guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

Trillions, mate. And the world will bow down and recognise the Dutch superiority and beg for trade deals. Except the British Empire, of course. Nobody can contest the supreme rule of the British that everyone would benefit from.
    Thats true...

and about the superiority of the British Empire... *cough* Medway? *cough*

Thats true...

and about the superiority of the British Empire... *cough* Medway? *cough*
    You silly dutch person. Don't you realise that British (and before that English) defeats never happened. It is all glorious victories for the honour of God, England and St George!

(At least that's how School History is taught, even 1066 is sometimes twisted into a Victory for the English people at times)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You silly dutch person. Don't you realise that British (and before that English) defeats never happened. It is all glorious victories for the honour of God, England and St George!

(At least that's how School History is taught, even 1066 is sometimes twisted into a Victory for the English people at times)
    Really? My sense of being British is basically:

a) Worse things happen at sea.

b) Mustn't grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Really? My sense of being British is basically:

a) Worse things happen at sea.

b) Mustn't grumble.
    See, that's why you aren't a Brexiteer like real Brits

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    See, that's why you aren't a Brexiteer like real Brits
    You can say the real English now, Wales has bowed out of the Brexit idea now, too and say they want to remain in the EU.

Not sure how that goes in line with their almost unanimous "Let's fuck ourselves" vote... but they're Welsh, one has to be understanding of their ways... Or so the English told me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Labour-run Welsh government switches policy on Brexit to back staying in EU

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-...uropean-union/

http://record.assembly.wales/Plenary/5662#A51426 <<< Welsh Assembly session report, including the statement

Scotland was of course the first to congratulate them for their new course...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw completely expected yet happy news:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...KCN1T61AM?il=0

An organized eurosceptic bloc is DOA.
    You mean that just having the same enemy doesn't make up for the fact that one side hates the other side?

Shocking.

It's kind of funny and sad that the racist Hungarian party and Polish see themselves as Western and use fear of immigrates (nobody immigrates to these two countries) to get into power while at the same time the racist parties in Western European countries see them as East and want to leave the EU toe because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Labour-run Welsh government switches policy on Brexit to back staying in EU

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-...uropean-union/

http://record.assembly.wales/Plenary/5662#A51426 <<< Welsh Assembly session report, including the statement

Scotland was of course the first to congratulate them for their new course...
    One begins to wonder... when everyone in the Union is against leaving the EU except England... who's risking a break up of their so sacred union? Will they blame Scotland, Wales and NI or will they admit that the English broke up the union?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

We should just go and capture British flag-ship again.

One begins to wonder... when everyone in the Union is against leaving the EU except England... who's risking a break up of their so sacred union? Will they blame Scotland, Wales and NI or will they admit that the English broke up the union?
    The English admit to failure? Never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw completely expected yet happy news:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...KCN1T61AM?il=0

An organized eurosceptic bloc is DOA.
    Totally what we predicted, toddlers struggle to play nice when they have to share toys. The best part is all those votes are now wasted and other fractions can nitpick the normal complaints people had and run with it, cause nobody in politics cares who had or said it first only that something is done.

Good job people like dribbles splintering your opposition into a powerless block loool

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Totally what we predicted, toddlers struggle to play nice when they have to share toys. The best part is all those votes are now wasted and other fractions can nitpick the normal complaints people had and run with it, cause nobody in politics cares who had or said it first only that something is done.

Good job people like dribbles splintering your opposition into a powerless block loool
    Funny how racists can't cooperate with other nations' racists. It's as if the whole movement is doomed to fail. I wager we'll only see a far-right bloc once they decide there is a thing as "European nationalism".

In which case, they can't be Eurosceptic anymore. I'd probably just hang myself if I was one of them. It's all so pointless.

Funny how racists can't cooperate with other nations' racists. It's as if the whole movement is doomed to fail. I wager we'll only see a far-right bloc once they decide there is a thing as "European nationalism".

In which case, they can't be Eurosceptic anymore. I'd probably just hang myself if I was one of them. It's all so pointless.
    The irony would be funny. That those that hated europe for so long get spooked by Brexit and Brown people that instead of fighting with each other they accidentally become the biggest push for United states of Europe to keep their pockets lined and brown people out.

Well then... "against our own interests" is a subjective thing, really. We've acquired a deep and very strong distate for social benefits and all the stigma associated with it. Better to work a badly paid job than... leech of the state. And yes, that's the common phrase when talking about these issues.

Wow, that's how we feel about social services in America.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account

If the definition of racism is the lack of tolerance and discrimination of ethnic minorites, there is no organisation on earth more racist than the EU. Once the British leave the EU will there be a single MEP left that's non white? Or are you saying that the whole EU racist movement is doomed to fail? In which case I'd agree.

In the meantime congratulations to the ethnically diverse and tolerant Brexit party for the election of their first MP in Peterborough. Oh oopsie, it hasn't happened yet has it. Oh well gratz then in advance for later today...the first of many
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"