Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no? she is a world problem, not a night elf problem
    True, but it's someone that has her origins with the night elves so they should be the focus. Like for example the second coming of Ragnaros, yes it was a world problem, but it was something that concerned the druids more because of lore reason and so the story revolved around the druids, the zone revolved around the druids. It wasn't like "druids are the main group concerned with Ragnaros, lets place the focus on the Knights of the Ebon Blade"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    True, but it's someone that has her origins with the night elves so they should be the focus. Like for example the second coming of Ragnaros, yes it was a world problem, but it was something that concerned the druids more because of lore reason and so the story revolved around the druids, the zone revolved around the druids. It wasn't like "druids are the main group concerned with Ragnaros, lets place the focus on the Knights of the Ebon Blade"
    thing is we dont go to azshara
    we END UP IN azshara
    we go after the horde and fall into a trap.
    we dont have the time to go "hey umm can someone tell tyrande andm alfurion? try to get them here... i guess we will wait till then, see if we can get them away from darkshore..."

not to matter that tyrande is only powered up in darkshore, so she would return to her normal self.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Great - So Azshara is wasted to this godforsaken expansion as well.

There's no Azshara story to tell without the Night Elves. And without Tyrande, the Night Elves have no story there.
    Honestly, it's perhaps the most impressive fuck-up the writing team has ever done. This isn't just "minor inconsistencies", this is quite literally the single biggest "moment" that Night Elves should be having, as a race. This is the only remaining plot-thread left of their entire history.

And yet again, Blizzard's writers have decreed that "no, this is gonna be another moment to build Sylvanas up".

This is the entire problem with writers having "favorite characters", and we're clearly seeing a lot of that shoehorned in. There's been zero effort put into telling compelling stories for the Alliance, zero effort put into representing the Night Elves in any sort of meaningful capacity... hell, they ONLY depicted the Horde winning confrontations, at least in-game. I mean, shit, the Horde BFA questchain STARTS with them infiltrating the most secure stronghold in the most secure city in the known universe, and then breaking out, literally facing off against (and achieving victory) against the combined might of the Alliance.

There's just no denying the "Horde favoritism" at Blizzard anymore. The idea that they're "equals" seems almost quaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, it's perhaps the most impressive fuck-up the writing team has ever done. This isn't just "minor inconsistencies", this is quite literally the single biggest "moment" that Night Elves should be having, as a race. This is the only remaining plot-thread left of their entire history.

And yet again, Blizzard's writers have decreed that "no, this is gonna be another moment to build Sylvanas up".

This is the entire problem with writers having "favorite characters", and we're clearly seeing a lot of that shoehorned in. There's been zero effort put into telling compelling stories for the Alliance, zero effort put into representing the Night Elves in any sort of meaningful capacity... hell, they ONLY depicted the Horde winning confrontations, at least in-game. I mean, shit, the Horde BFA questchain STARTS with them infiltrating the most secure stronghold in the most secure city in the known universe, and then breaking out, literally facing off against (and achieving victory) against the combined might of the Alliance.

There's just no denying the "Horde favoritism" at Blizzard anymore. The idea that they're "equals" seems almost quaint.
    There is no horde favoritism. Blizzard simply doesn't want the night elves leading the charge. Alliance still gets their story just without night elfs being the center of attention. Stop making this more complicated than it actually is.

I mean, at this point all Night Elf story aside from Darkshore itself has been neutral ground, involving druids and the Circle - Are they even part of the Alliance at this point? Is that the 'big twist' at the end of BfA, that Blizzard reveals that the Night Elves were allies of convenience the whole time and they forgot to tell us that they never officially joined the Alliance?
    I would like that actually

5+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: That doesn't resolve the numerous other plot holes still left by this shitshow of an expansion.

But yes, I'd prefer that to the complete disregarding of Night Elf lore that we're getting instead.
    Funny thing is that NEs were the Horde's punching bag back in Cata, their 10k years old leader was lectured by a puny human about patience and tolerance in MoP, WoD was... well, WoD (argh) and Legion featured the uber cringey Tyrande/Malfie show in Val'sharah. No, NEs have not been disregarded
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Funny thing is that NEs were the Horde's punching bag back in Cata, their 10k years old leader was lectured by a puny human about patience and tolerance in MoP, WoD was... well, WoD (argh) and Legion featured the uber cringey Tyrande/Malfie show in Val'sharah. No, NEs have not been disregarded
    Nope, it's been made crystal clear what the writing team thinks of them and the Alliance playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    There is no horde favoritism. Blizzard simply doesn't want the night elves leading the charge. Alliance still gets their story just without night elfs being the center of attention. Stop making this more complicated than it actually is.
    It is complete and utter BS to use the term "attention" here. This has nothing to do with "attention". The nelf fans and the story were just left behind.
    Just like you know, the single most heinous act in the World of Warcaft committed by a player faction to a player faction and they just shrug it off. There's no closure for the players or the story. They were, once again, only abused as plot devices for the Horde story. Welcome to the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Oh crap thats awesome. “Revenge” indeed. I am still not sure if they are THAT obtuse or just want to screw the fans.
    They are that obtuse, and tonedef af. Would be pretty stupid to want to screw the fans. Unless they intentionally want to lose subs.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Soooo, Blizzard wants to make a dumb decision for reasons that they don't care to explain? Gotcha. Clearly they shouldn't give the limelight to a group that's under-represented and barely present, such as the Night Elves, but instead give it all to Anduin and the Humans, who we see front-and-center 99% of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Just like you know, the single most heinous act in the World of Warcaft committed by a player faction to a player faction and they just shrug it off.
    Woah when did this thread start talking about Camp Taurajo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juuza View Post
    Woah when did this thread start talking about Camp Taurajo?
    Anytime there is a faction conflict one Horde fanboy has to bring up that meme.
    It is pretty much a tradition.

The only logical narrative reason Tyrande and Malfurion is not in 8.2 and that they "got their revenge" in 8.1 reallt is if 8.3 has the Alliance fracture because half or more of the Alliance simply cannot accept forgiving the Horde again. If that happens, then i can accept Blizz ignoring Nelves for a while.

However, Blizz has repeatedly shown several instances where they don't think twice about shitting on the Nelves.
    Let us not forget the first Old Soldier cinematic, which was released with a note stating how this was to soothe the bruised egos of the Horde after having to participate in being one of the most evil factions at that point in the game.
    They could have taken that time to release something for the Nelves to show that they would get their revenge, and that their suffering would eventually be karmically rewarded. But instead they decided to prop up the horde.

I don't want to believe that Blizz is actually full of people who absolutely despise the Nelves, but BfA has really been almost nothing but moment after moment of Nelves being shat on for the Hordes benefit.

'disregarding of Night Elf lore' indeed.

I never said they weren't regarded at all.
    Night Elf lore was always a joke since WoW and wota. And you know what? Night Elves players never minded. They always loved being the sidekick of the Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Night Elf lore was always a joke since WoW and wota. And you know what? Night Elves players never minded. They always loved being the sidekick of the Humans.
    Most night elf players don't care about the lore like... most players of the game. So most don't mind... but loved? eh hell no.
    People that care about night elf lore hate it.

I had high hopes after the dark shore cinematic but it seems night elves will disappear once again til I get my story back in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Soooo, Blizzard wants to make a dumb decision for reasons that they don't care to explain? Gotcha. Clearly they shouldn't give the limelight to a group that's under-represented and barely present, such as the Night Elves, but instead give it all to Anduin and the Humans, who we see front-and-center 99% of the time!
    Why not gnomes, dwarves (non dark iron)? These had even less spotlight than Night Elves.
    Even the worgen is lacking. Genn is everywhere but rarely in worgen form. He is more of a character than a representation for his race.
    I get that you like Elves, but there are races in worse state.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalon View Post
    I had high hopes after the dark shore cinematic but it seems night elves will disappear once again til I get my story back in Warcraft 3.
    Ah, the good ol' times, before Tyrande (and the entirety of NEs, it seems) became infected with Human Potential... !@#$ is like ****ing AIDS
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Why not gnomes, dwarves (non dark iron)? These had even less spotlight than Night Elves.
    Even the worgen is lacking. Genn is everywhere but rarely in worgen form. He is more of a character than a representation for his race.
    I get that you like Elves, but there are races in worse state.
    No, my point isn't Night Elves, my point is "anything but humans". The thread is about Night Elves, thus why I was arguing on their behalf. I would happily see Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen, or even Pandaren doing something.

Yeah back when the night elves entered a alliance of convenience for help against the legion and horde. They had their culture and would of loved to see how they banished all highborne after the cataclysm and what azshara would think of all that and the elune aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, my point isn't Night Elves, my point is "anything but humans". The thread is about Night Elves, thus why I was arguing on their behalf. I would happily see Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen, or even Pandaren doing something.
    Actually I don't think humans get that much more going for them.
    They are just the main and most basic form of military. Like orcs are for horde. So they're used more as random npc soldiers. Outside of that, I can't remember any human-racial storyline going on recently. No, kul tiran =/= base stormwind human. Major leaders don't represent their races anymore, or at least most don't. Hell, night elves still have a pretty good theme going on.
    Base humans are blank, they are literally nothing. Even orcs have some kind of culture, name me a key human characteristic. You can't. And it's sad.
    Dwarves are also blank. Ever since the dark iron joined the Alliance the base dwarves disappeared. And it's sad.
    Gnomes are still used as tech people. At least a niche. Plus Mechagon is coming, maybe some gnome potential there?
    Night elves had many patches to shine their culture. They are heavily featured from pre-patch to Darkshore and even in 8.2.
    Draenei are done after Legion. Their whole arc is finished. They had 3 expansions of spotlight, 2 in a row.
    Worgen are not even referred to as worgen in game. They are "gilneans". Nobody uses their feral capabilities. They're humans when it's story time, worgen when random soldier npcs.
    Pandaren are like fan-fiction characters that you can play. Nobody acknowledges them, they do nothing, they are nowhere but you can play one.

Out of these I'd say the Draenei and the Night Elves are the most represented races on average, when it comes to actual story-arcs. Yes, we see a lot of humans, but they are just base-military-unit-X. Hell, in BfA even the soldier NPC's are diverse enough to disregard that.