Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    combustion engines should be banned in general.
    Lithium production should be banned in general.

Guess nobody is going anywhere.

Sure why not, They piss me off. Blocking view of the approaching traffic, fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    6 million miles of road in the United States, the greatest network of land-based travel on this planet, and "their roads are absolute garbage".
    I don't know about other countries, but in PA at least, the road ARE absolute garbage. I think we are fairly high on the list of states with the shittiest roads. I personally don't know the first thing about paving, but I definitely think it's because outside of multi-year projects (ok, maybe 6+ month projects), it seems like all anyone (from local to state) ever does is patch shit.

I also think it's because they mill the bare minimum amount of old material before paving over it when they do actually pave a stretch of road.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Difficult to park and encourages negligent and dangerous drivers to never improve given their position of perceived safety and ability to own the road. I don't know about bans but it makes sense to keep them out of cities like the rest of the big trucks.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Do you all live in the city lol? I have a truck with a v8. I need it for doing yard work, construction projects, hauling kayaks and such. It's my daily driver because even tho it uses a lot more gas, I cant afford a second vehicle and the insurance to cover it. Why would you tax me more? Do you not want things to be built?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not huge American "mini"van, its small European minivan. This one, but older model:
    However I wasn't talking about rated, I was talking about actually achieved mileage on highway, same as person I quoted. Rated is obviously higher. For my car rated was something like 8 litres / 100km, but person I quoted showed actual achieved, not rated. I do achieve similar mileage in minivan on highways.
    Oh. You're not even comparing to similar things.

A minivan here makes an "Opel Zafira" look like a clown car with nearly half the horsepower and no storage. Two totally different intended uses.

Indeed we aren't. That's the point you miss when you randomly quote things out of context. I was posting about small european minivan and it would have been clear if you bothered to read more than one line before quoting.

However if you want to talk about bigger minivans, here is one: https://www.ford.de/fahrzeuge/ford-g...NavCategory=pv
    About the same size as US minivans, yet many times more economical.

Americans just can't make good economical cars. That's why nobody buys that shit outside of US. That's why US manufacturers are failing and leaving all markets. Cars that do sell, like that Ford model, are not US cars at all.
    Our definitions of 'economic' cars is different. I'd like a vehicle capable of something other than carrying small people.

Edit: Hold on a second. Are you comparing the mileage between a gasoline engine and a diesel one? The entire "EcoBlue" line is diesel.
    Last edited by stross01; 2019-06-05 at 08:24 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed we aren't. That's the point you miss when you randomly quote things out of context. I was posting about small european minivan and it would have been clear if you bothered to read more than one line before quoting.

However if you want to talk about bigger minivans, here is one: https://www.ford.de/fahrzeuge/ford-g...NavCategory=pv
    About the same size as US minivans, yet many times more economical.
    That minivan get 7.7l/100km or 30.5 mpg. Most new minivans get 27-28 mpg. While better, I don't see "Many times"