Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any ways to farm gold as if WoW was a Korean MMO?

Is there any way to farm gold in BfA as if it was a Korean MMO? (without selling transmogs)
    Im speaking of farming the same mobs over and over again to farm mats and raw gold without having to rely on transmog sells.
    I also dont mind gathering professions.
    Sometimes i like to relax and just farm.

I tried to pick up Skinning...farmed for 1 entire hour and only made 6000g

Sad with the results, i tried Mining and farmed old content ores for one hour and made...20k gold

Out of ideas, came here to ask for more options.
    The only thing i hate to do is having to sell transmogs.

I can share my Ore routine if you like but i doubt any of you find 1hour > 20k gold worth of a farm nowadays.

https://i.imgur.com/gg0ucdX.jpg

Just farm Saronite and Titanium in Icecrown while listening to the music "David Guetta - Titanium ft. Sia" (or your favorite twitch streamer) with an addon that shows node locations on map.

What server are you playing? The mine has a low priced economy because nobody buys anything in the AH
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    What server are you playing? The mine has a low priced economy because nobody buys anything in the AH
    I only have 1 character on a "rich server" (Outland - EU)
    Absolutely amazing to play the auction house.

But recently im playing on a "poor server".
    My luck is that no one is farming saronite and titanium so i can make my prices.
    Or better, there is a smart ass farming and is putting things with ridiculous prices...but i do my job as a "poor person" and sell at ridiculous low prices.
    Still making 15k-18k gold an hour if i decide to go with the low prices

I check prices on this site (there is addons but i dont use them)
    https://www.wowuction.com/us/bloodsc...ms/stats/41163

There is none. If you want long boy youll need to play the auction house or buy it with real life money. Or sell carries for in game gold.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-06-06 at 04:01 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You're a little late to the party. During the first days of a new expansion, you can be making a million gold within a few hours by farming mats. Herbs are by far the easiest to make gold with AFAIK.

Or, if you want to make gold by just playing the game, go enchanting. Blue and epic crystals are so easy to come by, so you can get a few thousand gold just by turning them into enchants. It won't be a massive "get rich fast" but a nice income if farming is not to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    You're a little late to the party. During the first days of a new expansion, you can be making a million gold within a few hours by farming mats. Herbs are by far the easiest to make gold with AFAIK.

Or, if you want to make gold by just playing the game, go enchanting. Blue and epic crystals are so easy to come by, so you can get a few thousand gold just by turning them into enchants. It won't be a massive "get rich fast" but a nice income if farming is not to your liking.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Do i need to do any reputation farm to get all the "navigations" enchants?

If you want to stay in one spot you could do some fishing. Some of them are going for 60g/piece on my server right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    If you want to stay in one spot you could do some fishing. Some of them are going for 60g/piece on my server right now.
    Specific fish name plz, so i can start farming immediately and see the results
    I would love to try that farm

Maybe i can login and check myself...if there is a "fish" tab in auction house

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

No idea, it's different for every server. Look up BfA fishing and check prices for each of them. There is always one higher-priced and one lower-priced in the same water. Then just farm the one that has the highest average.

Is there any way to farm gold in BfA as if it was a Korean MMO? (without selling transmogs)
    Im speaking of farming the same mobs over and over again to farm mats and raw gold without having to rely on transmog sells.
    I also dont mind gathering professions.
    Sometimes i like to relax and just farm.

I tried to pick up Skinning...farmed for 1 entire hour and only made 6000g

Sad with the results, i tried Mining and farmed old content ores for one hour and made...20k gold

Out of ideas, came here to ask for more options.
    The only thing i hate to do is having to sell transmogs.

I can share my Ore routine if you like but i doubt any of you find 1hour > 20k gold worth of a farm nowadays.

https://i.imgur.com/gg0ucdX.jpg

Just farm Saronite and Titanium in Icecrown while listening to the music "David Guetta - Titanium ft. Sia" (or your favorite twitch streamer) with an addon that shows node locations on map.
    If the Server still has a raiding community.... Herbalism and Enchanting will always make gold. Herbs are needed for Pot and flasks, and as an Enchanter, just DE your gear and sell the enchanting mats. Never fails for me when I make a new toon on a fresh server.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    If the Server still has a raiding community.... Herbalism and Enchanting will always make gold. Herbs are needed for Pot and flasks, and as an Enchanter, just DE your gear and sell the enchanting mats. Never fails for me when I make a new toon on a fresh server.
    Appreciate the input a lot.
    The life of a desinchanter is not very active...i would like to farm non stop for 1 hour sessions.
    I guess i could do that with herbalism...dont know if its worth it in my server though.
    Im on a new poor server atm.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are two good way to "farm" gold:

1. Play auction house (if it's fun to you).
    2. Buy gold.

Other are just waste of time. It's really strange too see adult people farming gold for X hours just to pay sub, which they can earn in most jobs in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Other are just waste of time. It's really strange too see adult people farming gold for X hours just to pay sub, which they can earn in most jobs in no time.
    I like the feeling though
    Hard work and see my gold grow.

The 6000g experience i had with skinning made me feel dumb...but i can accept a 20k gold farm for 1 hour.
    Its pretty acceptable (for my brain)

Im having a hard time selling the titanium...but if i want i can make the motorbike mount with it...and get gold that way instead.

I THINK i can get creative with what i have and make consistent 20k gold an hour...

I just need time to test if it works...

Thanks for the tip.
    Do i need to do any reputation farm to get all the "navigations" enchants?
    If I remember correctly, you will get all rank 1 (and rank 2?) recipes by leveling up enchanting. Rank 3's are behind rep gates but they only require revered (the one after honored, don't remember its exact name as I'm playing with a German client) iirc. You can also just disenchant stuff you don't need for some gold, like someone else has said. This is just a little extra while farming other stuff in WQ areas for example.

Another idea I just had is alchemy. I do not know if it is still worth it though. Back in cataclysm I would buy herbs from the AH, make flasks and could re-sell these for double the amount.
    The net gain will DEFINITELY be way lower nowadays and I haven't tried making gold out of this method for years now.
    Also, nowadays, making pots should give better results than flasks as cauldrons can be found in the outside world.
    This has 1 downside though. You will need to have the rank 3 recipes for the proc chance and the alchemy tool of the trade (which was introduced in 8.1.5), silas' sphere of transmutation (or sth similar). This can be used once per hour and transforms into another item. Sometimes it changes into an item that, if used, grants you a 10 minute buff which increases your proc chance for multiple crafts at once. With this buff active, you can expect roughly double the outcome. For example, you craft 100 pots, you get ~200 pots.
    But as I've said before, I do not know if it's worth it nowadays. You will need to do the math before blindly buying herbs and making pots out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    If I remember correctly, you will get all rank 1 (and rank 2?) recipes by leveling up enchanting. Rank 3's are behind rep gates but they only require revered (the one after honored, don't remember its exact name as I'm playing with a German client) iirc. You can also just disenchant stuff you don't need for some gold, like someone else has said. This is just a little extra while farming other stuff in WQ areas for example.

Another idea I just had is alchemy. I do not know if it is still worth it though. Back in cataclysm I would buy herbs from the AH, make flasks and could re-sell these for double the amount.
    The net gain will DEFINITELY be way lower nowadays and I haven't tried making gold out of this method for years now.
    Also, nowadays, making pots should give better results than flasks as cauldrons can be found in the outside world.
    This has 1 downside though. You will need to have the rank 3 recipes for the proc chance and the alchemy tool of the trade (which was introduced in 8.1.5), silas' sphere of transmutation (or sth similar). This can be used once per hour and transforms into another item. Sometimes it changes into an item that, if used, grants you a 10 minute buff which increases your proc chance for multiple crafts at once. With this buff active, you can expect roughly double the outcome. For example, you craft 100 pots, you get ~200 pots.
    But as I've said before, I do not know if it's worth it nowadays. You will need to do the math before blindly buying herbs and making pots out of them.
    Yeah, the rank 3 requirement is messing me up, as i am on a new server But nice imaginative method very cool

I was thinking in becoming the "bike seller" of my server.
    I would sell Mekgineer's Chopper extremely cheap (22500 to 23000) [the materials from vendor cost 12500 raw gold]
    I value 1 hour of farm 20k gold.
    So i would sell the bikes extremely cheap and sell the Saronite Ore (10000g an hour) i get on a Titanium route farm. For a total of 20k gold an hour.

Could work...but i need to try.

For some reason im getting excited over this...i like the idea of becoming the servers personal bike seller Almost a gifter at this point.

Yeah, the rank 3 requirement is messing me up, as i am on a new server But nice imaginative method very cool

I was thinking in becoming the "bike seller" of my server.
    I would sell Mekgineer's Chopper extremely cheap (22500 to 23000) [the materials from vendor cost 12500 raw gold]
    I value 1 hour of farm 20k gold.
    So i would sell the bikes extremely cheap and sell the Saronite Ore (10000g an hour) i get on a Titanium route farm. For a total of 20k gold an hour.

Could work...but i need to try.

For some reason im getting excited over this...i like the idea of becoming the servers personal bike seller Almost a gifter at this point.
    If you want to sell engineering mounts, try to get the new mecha mogul mk1 (or whatever) recipe. It randomly drops off the motherload endboss. Maybe this can boost your income too. It's a random drop though, but while you're doing the dungeon, you can disenchant the loot you get and make a little gold by selling the materials.

Note: you cannot buy the recipe on the AH and it only drops for engineers.

If you want to know prices without logging in, The Undermine Journal website is a good resource.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If you want to know prices without logging in, The Undermine Journal website is a good resource.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There is none. If you want long boy youll need to play the auction house or buy it with real life money. Or sell carries for in game gold.
    Quoting for truth. It's currently very hard to earn money in wow without AH/carries.

I'm just resting at the gold cap(I mean - I've got gold cap on all my 5 chars together, not like gold cap on each char, decided to split it), no need gold for anything.

-Check whiptail/ cinderbloom prices, was making 30k+ an hour farmin whiptail in uldum or cinderbloom in hyjal a few months ago.
    -raid farming khorium also a good income, look up group in the pre-made tab
    -epic/mount farming in Bfa zones still a good way to make gold, raw gold+greens+cloth is pretty good even if you don't get a mount. And meets te requirement of killing mobs over and over
    -group farming primal fire/volatile fire/ volatile water is also a good source of gold. Always bring a treasure finding pot
    -thorium farming in silithus, check the arcane crystals prices on your server before doin this (arcane crystals drop from thorium veins) you can sometimea make more than 20k an hour on arcane crystals alone

I'm not farming any of this atm cause not playing BFA, but did work for me a few months ago, check the prices on your AH before Going out to farm.