Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I some way probably yes. The whole idea of azerite and artifact power is nothing more like copy paste paragon system from D3. As i said in other threads. Retail WoW is in season mode ATM just like in Diablo or even Path of Exile. In some ways its good but for a long term this could be just annoying or addicting. For me is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's more or less what Tharkkun said.
    Yes?

Do you know you can quote to agree or did my modern vernacular confuse you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I some way probably yes. The whole idea of azerite and artifact power is nothing more like copy paste paragon system from D3. As i said in other threads. Retail WoW is in season mode ATM just like in Diablo or even Path of Exile. In some ways its good but for a long term this could be just annoying or addicting. For me is annoying.
    Azerite is literally tier but instead of 2(3 in legion) you get 6 options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not. For sure not the interation that we have today anyway.

They got WAY too much shit for it. They will probably try another path of endgame progression, but I highly doubt it azerite will be part of it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    yes take advice from the banned guy that hasn't played in years.
    Surely he knows whats up
    He is right though. How blizzard botcher classes is insane - full of nonsensical gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    True. Is so impressive that since diablo team came to world of warcraft this game suck hard. They transformed wow in a diablo mmo, abusing RNG, many skills from diablo implemented in wow (hello divine stead). And now azerithe gear, serious, who think this armor system would be nice must be fired.

I really hope they drop it and go back to tier sets. I enjoyed that much more. It was cool getting tier gear.

But dropping a system like AP with neck/weapon? No, I think they will have that for the next xpac in one way or another.

Im guessing they are going for more flavour next time. Spells does various cool effects etc.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree the neck is paragon and the gear is tierset options, it's pretty annoying, gets way too much attention and detracts from what the game is supposed to be about: the journey and relationships made along the way.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I really hope so. Pointless and fake progression system. What's the point of grinding it as a progress system when I'll be able to do what would now take months in a few days when they add a catch up system.

No, its bollocks. Reminds me of that bullshit game "Cookie Clicker". Get rid!

If they do this again I'll be time gating my money til 1 month before each new patch then cancelling.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2019-06-06 at 02:16 PM.

Honestly they should just do a sub talent system and paragon leveling to unlock them, basically talent trees for each spec not tied to anything other than your character that add more nuance to your rotation.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

if azerite armor was socketed and azerite powers could be deliberately chosen and crafted to choice, yes azerite armor would work.

as is it and the person who made it should be fired, along with most of the modern development staff and executives.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    they need to find something absolutely new again.
    no, they need to revert to the last working paradigm because those who're still there are too inept and incompetent to do anything new well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    what's the point then
    it works, in contrast to the current shitheap.

because the thing you don't want to admit is THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE ALREADY NEED TO DO.
    the only difference is the RNG relied upon to lengthen that process artificially has been removed, so in the end all you're really arguing for is wasting people's time on grind that they don't want to do.

aka BFA in a nutshell as every rep grind has taken MONTHS longer to complete then any vanilla rep grind other then shendralar who still don't have any form of time-gating on their progression outside of the max instances per hour limit.
    mechanics designs to artificially lengthen a game's play cycle never do well in the market, especially when they're being done to increase profits at the expense of customers.

Something like it will be in place. Blizzard wants something that keeps people logging in daily, so AP of some fashion is here to stay.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably gonna bring back gear sets to have some what of a vanilla feel because of classic release. They don't want too many players going full classic. If they can somewhat implement a classic feel to the next exp, many players will continue grinding.

The necklace itself is great, but the azerite armour pieces are awful. I'd enjoy traditional set bonuses that scale with necklace level.

No matter what it is called, it is a form of soft encounter nerf over time system through universal buffs of the players.
    This one is
    - activity linked (you need to do stuff in-game to get it, not just wait it out), but self nerfing through the AK system, reaching targets becomes exponentially easier over time
    - soft capped (you can grind it as much as you like, but it gets exponentially harder the further you want to run ahead of the curve)

I very much preferred the Legion version as you felt you accumulated AP through 'normal' play, rather than from dedicated sources.
    I very much prefer this type of soft nerfing systems to the hard encounter nerfs of the past that just felt bad for everyone.
    I very much prefer soft caps to hard caps (typically weekly fill the bar stuff), as the former allow much more flexibility

Most people have come to understand the nature of exponential soft capped systems and no longer grind these ad infinitum, some will always be too dumb to understand.

TLDR I don-t like AP/AK like systems per se, but they are preferable to the alternatives.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d say thy should keep in gear in of it self but make it soly from PvP dungeons and raids and make each piece unique. The gear it self is a setup in every way from tier sets but they need to get rid of the grind and get rid of the overlap between pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Yes?

Do you know you can quote to agree or did my modern vernacular confuse you?
    Typically, when you do that you say something that indicates agreement. Not annoyance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    Okay so Im pretty sure im not the first person asking this question... But I really wonder if the azerite system will stay or be removed in the future. I REALLY hope they will remove it and focus on other things in the game such as new quest mechanics and stuff like that. Make the world feel more alive etc.

Because if they keep it... I really think the game will die and ppl will move on to other games. Which is already happening but I guess there is a small hope left for this game if they make next xpac great!

What do you guys think will happen? Will they keep it? Is it to late already? Or will they remove it and maybe save the game with new awesome xpac?
    I don't believe they will. It is an expansion feature. But they'll most likely work on the system for something further.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    No matter what it is called, it is a form of soft encounter nerf over time system through universal buffs of the players.
    This one is
    - activity linked (you need to do stuff in-game to get it, not just wait it out), but self nerfing through the AK system, reaching targets becomes exponentially easier over time
    - soft capped (you can grind it as much as you like, but it gets exponentially harder the further you want to run ahead of the curve)

I very much preferred the Legion version as you felt you accumulated AP through 'normal' play, rather than from dedicated sources.
    I very much prefer this type of soft nerfing systems to the hard encounter nerfs of the past that just felt bad for everyone.
    I very much prefer soft caps to hard caps (typically weekly fill the bar stuff), as the former allow much more flexibility

Most people have come to understand the nature of exponential soft capped systems and no longer grind these ad infinitum, some will always be too dumb to understand.

TLDR I don-t like AP/AK like systems per se, but they are preferable to the alternatives.
    The problem is that raids today are tuned for having all damage increasing azerite traits from the get-go. This means that the raids DO NOT get progressively easier. Back up until wod you would be noticing big increases in your dps and your kill times with increasingly better gear. Since legion we don't have that anymore. Kill times would only speed up when being at least 30 ilvls above what the raid is rewarding.

Quite sure something like essences will come next expac as big feature.

No more stupid AP grind nobody cares about but instead meaningful goals to work towards to that grant fancy abilities.

So more or less upgraded legion legendaries without the stupid grind. Pretty good.