Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Followed immediately by...

Wow. Just wow.

/facepalm
    That's added by a mod (as you can see in the last edited-section)
    But yes, people are still waiting for the promised rework, enhancement got absolutely nothing in 8.1. Blizzard let an unfinished class stay unfinished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda hope they don't get reworked because enhancement shamans are the most fun class in the game for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    A well-intentioned idea that turned out to be the equivalent of stabbing your own eyes; you can't switch out a class's core purpose. If your totems and mentally good buffs like Bloodlust are good, then your numbers have to be cut. If your numbers are great (because "bring the player", hää) then your utility has to be killed. So you end up in this hell where your class isn't playable unless it's insanely imbalanced.

Now I'm trying to be nice here, but I think you're on the wrong website. Bobs and veganas are thataway >>>>
    Which era are you posting from? Seriously, you're like the wow equivalent of a boomer. Specs doing less damage because "they're good at other stuff" hasn't been a part of the game's philosophy since like, what, wotlk? All damage specs are supposed to do around the same damage at the average player level. It's only at the top tier level that they begin to pull ahead or behind and at that point your class is just a coin toss.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I swear I remember them saying shamans were going to get a major rework like some of the other classes did. Then they said it would happen in 8.1 when it didn't happen on launch.

I wanna say they were mostly talking about enhance though? I wish somebody could find the blue posts about it
    The entire class was promised major reworks for 8.0, then 8.1 and then somehow all of that disappeared while basically zero reworks happened.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yes they said something like that but all we got was a few talents reorganized, 1 new one, and a lot of buffs. As long as it is strong, people shut up.

It is still a horribly designed spec IMO and it is because of the maelstorm resource.

Remember in WotLK when LB actually crit for a huge and satisfying amount of damage? Good times.

Remember in Classic when CL was this huge satisfying amount of damage spell? Good times.

Now the spec is just about spamming a bunch of weak spells, LB included, and getting "overload" procs for even more small dmg spells. Then you have enough maelstorm to cast an EQ or a ES and oh boy, do they feel cool and strong huh? No they don't.

PS: I don't mind that the spec is a "turret spec". I actually like it.

Didn't they say "better luck next expansion!" a couple interviews ago?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Primal Primer was really fun to play but it didn't do any AoE damage, indeed.
    IF you're getting repeated procs, then MAYBE you can compete, but just a bit

I was doing a m+ yday, pulled a boss, all cds off and I got the feeling that current Enhance - Primal Primer anyway - reminds me of early Cata ret. You just blow stuff up on that initial window and then fall down. I know, i know, that's what usually happens, but Cata ret was like this, the only moment you truly shine was when using everything at the start.

Though, to be fair, I can still remain 1st after those power surges subside. But going agaisnt a DH in aoe? Yea, i better hope for successive LL and SS procs to even remotely get close.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    From what I see, ptr changes are so far minimal. Lillybitty.
    no, no it was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    Do shamans ever stop crying? You were always meant to be a buff class, which is a niche that has been effectively whined out of the game by your endless cries for "viability".

You got exactly what you wanted, so now you're a slice behind. What a surprise.

There’s no need to come into the thread and antagonizing everyone. Keep things civil.
    WAH, IM A DICKHEAD BUT DON'T BE MEAN TO ME OR I'LL CALL THE WAHBULANCE

lol hilarious double standard you got there pal
    We both know you're wrong, I'm just louder than your quiet conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    WAH, IM A DICKHEAD BUT DON'T BE MEAN TO ME OR I'LL CALL THE WAHBULANCE

lol hilarious double standard you got there pal
    It was already mentioned a few times in the thread, but whenever you see green bolded text like that, it's a message from the mods to the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    shamans are doing well numbers wise (this doesn't make them viable).
    Ah. The new use of the word "viable" which these days is short for "viable in the highest cutting edge meta content." Really saddens me that people have hijacked this word and turned it into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I kinda hope they don't get reworked because enhancement shamans are the most fun class in the game for me right now.
    I second this. I pretty much have every class on max level, and out of all dps specs I would say enh is among top 3 fun to play for me (the other top specs would me ww monk and mm hunt). Getting sick stormsike chain procs is mental.

But shaman mmo champion boards were always full of drama queens and whiners, so if you spend too much time here, you will be left with a feeling that shaman class is beyond redemption at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I second this. I pretty much have every class on max level, and out of all dps specs I would say enh is among top 3 fun to play for me (the other top specs would me ww monk and mm hunt). Getting sick stormsike chain procs is mental.

But shaman mmo champion boards were always full of drama queens and whiners, so if you spend too much time here, you will be left with a feeling that shaman class is beyond redemption at this point.
    Yeah getting like 5 or so Stormstrike procs is super satisfying to me, so fun. I think what also helps them be really fun is how cool the spell effects look and how cool your character looks doing them with all those animations.

Yeah on some of these forums it would make you think WoW as a whole is a completely terrible game that is unplayable because of how bad it is when in reality it's not that bad. Yeah it has some issues but there's still fun to be had like playing enhancement shamans.

the simple answer is shaman will never be re worked lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

It's certainly fun to see those procs and the damage that come with them, however you can't just sit there and argue that it's fun to see that your spec's moment of glory are punctual short burst windows relying one a single ability. Primal Primer spec makes this slightly different because it adds Lava Lash into the mix, and I personally enjoy seeing my 50-60k LL crits than 5 stormstrikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Ele is a complete beast in both raid and m+. If some people are only taking Rogue and DH they are idiots. Shroud and AOE stun are nice to have, but Ele got amazing dps for both trash and bosses.
    ํEhm... The top teams in the world are "idiots"? Ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    ํEhm... The top teams in the world are "idiots"? Ok then.
    Sorry i forgot that some people are a little slow. I was of course talking about normal m+ groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Sorry i forgot that some people are a little slow. I was of course talking about normal m+ groups.
    Why would it be stupid to take the best possible setup when you can though?
    I'm not sure what "normal" means to you but when you push 20+ as a less skilled player that edge you get from using the better classes is worth even more.

I have a feeling this is more about you have no clue what you're talking about and less about others being "slow" but thats just a guess.

nothing will be done on anything until the next expansion. ion said that in some qna shortly after 8.1 came out i think

I don't know about enhancement (because I never found it to be a fun spec) but I love the way elemental works now, really fun to play. I like just being focused around cool, elemental spells without needing to deal with totems and buffs. And it's really fun to pull a massive number of mobs and pop earth elemental to tank them all while I chain lightning and earthquake them to all hell. I hope blizzard doesn't change elemental much, ever.