Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyons75 View Post
    You got a point, I'm looking at some top 10 CPU lists and they seem to contain the same technical info that you're suggesting. Do you think I'd be able to get 2200g and still have enough money remaining to build a decent rig under $1400?
    You should check out newegg custom built pcs.. IT should give you an idea of what you can get for your money within a certain range then part it out that way... You can get way more CPU and still have a decent GPU

Here is a system that comes in just under $1400 including a 10 pro key ( you can save $100 on that with a bit of looking ), if you are willing to drop the 4TB to a 1TB and drop the 2070 to a 2060 you can wait till july 7 and get an X570 and 3700 or 3800.

Quote Originally Posted by col1kill View Post
    They have been stuck on 14 & 12 nm they also have had supply issues and sever security issues, also AMD Ryzen 2000 is on par with intel in gaming and Ryzen 3000 is looking like it will beat intel. the old intel crushes AMD for gaming has not been true sense 2017.
    Intel's 10 nm is practically the same as TSMCs 7nm. Intel is setting up new foundries. I'm sure 10th gen will be 10 nm. And Intel is great at squeezing performance out of a node; just look at 14 nm

Wait until July 7 for the new Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) release. If anything, you will see Zen+ (2700/2700x, 2600/2600x, etc.) discounted (it is currently seeing discounts now) as well as possible price reductions from Intel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Intel's 10 nm is practically the same as TSMCs 7nm. Intel is setting up new foundries. I'm sure 10th gen will be 10 nm. And Intel is great at squeezing performance out of a node; just look at 14 nm
    As far as I know, they said they aren't doing desktop chips for 10nm. Just not worth the effort when they got 7nm coming 2021(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    As far as I know, they said they aren't doing desktop chips for 10nm. Just not worth the effort when they got 7nm coming 2021(tm)
    this is correct, the issue for Intel is by then AMD will be ready to move on to 5nm from 7nm+. IMHO its actually interesting to see Intel playing catchup, yes they have slightly better performance per die size but thay also have a near 20 year old core architecture that they have been refining rather than innovating on.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    that leaked Roadmap was debunked thoroughly.. there were actual, currently shipping products that weren't on it.

10nm will see a desktop release, but it will likely be for Xeon Ws and the "consumer" lineup will be rather like Broadwell - a few chips, and then straight on to 7nm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by col1kill View Post
    this is correct, the issue for Intel is by then AMD will be ready to move on to 5nm from 7nm+. IMHO its actually interesting to see Intel playing catchup, yes they have slightly better performance per die size but thay also have a near 20 year old core architecture that they have been refining rather than innovating on.
    I doubt they'll get 5nm working in just 2 years. That seems a bit overly optimistic, or if they do, it'll just be a die-shrunk version of Zen2 without many benefits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    that leaked Roadmap was debunked thoroughly.. there were actual, currently shipping products that weren't on it.

10nm will see a desktop release, but it will likely be for Xeon Ws and the "consumer" lineup will be rather like Broadwell - a few chips, and then straight on to 7nm.
    There's been new leaks that say the same thing though, but we'll see I guess. Doubt the new 2019 chips will be 10nm, and if they're coming with their 7nm stuff in 2021, that just leaves 2020 for 10nm, which seems a bit silly