Poll: When will 8.2 be released?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    June 25th, because wishful thinking.

Lol @ people thinking September, October or shit... XD
    It will launch may 2031 I think.

Next week or end of June I think.

Based on the state of ptr I’d say 25 June for the patch and season 3 and the new raid 3 weeks after that.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292123/...eeks-after-8-2

Two weeks off-season, sounds fitting for the weeks around the 4th July.

Also I hint at the date to-be-announced soon in brackets. My guess is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=292123/...eeks-after-8-2

Two weeks off-season, sounds fitting for the weeks around the 4th July.

Also I hint at the date to-be-announced soon in brackets. My guess is next week.
    Next week they will announce the release date and give the 2 weeks notice for the end of pvp season as usual.

So expect some live stream next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    So you think no patch for 3 to 6 months. Hell is 6 months we will be on 8.3 or whatever is next.
    That is worst case senario yh. My theory is that they are already heavily working on 9.x and that there will never be a 8.3.
    8.2 is probably the first and last major patch of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    June 25th, i am so tired of Uu'nat
    Bad news on that front. His model is used across Nazjatar and the Eternal Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    That is worst case senario yh. My theory is that they are already heavily working on 9.x and that there will never be a 8.3.
    Since the Blizzard Summit in April debunked.. 8.3 is happening.

Should have been released already. They talk about gear scaling up to 435... Why the hell would anyone bother gearing up a fresh 120 before this patch?

If it's releasing too close to Classic, I am not interested to play it.

The better question is when is 9.0 being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    they cannot risk losing people to ff. bet it will be around same time. june 25th.
    Why do people assume that players of WoW automatically are attracted to FF...?

SOME are, sure, but all of us? Come on now. Same with Classic, why do people assume that players caring about the current game will set that aside to progress 15 year old content that'll still be there when the current content is growing old?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    8.3 is coming.

No matter how much some like to pretend otherwise, BfA is not WoD.
    It's Legion lite, at worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Should have been released already. They talk about gear scaling up to 435... Why the hell would anyone bother gearing up a fresh 120 before this patch?

If it's releasing too close to Classic, I am not interested to play it.
    Why would anyone bother playing the game at all when X years from now the content is so old and dated you can fly through it with ease?

Maybe, just maybe, because people want to play the game rather than be perpetually cynical on a forum all day long. All of my alts have a 350 minimum ilvl to reach. Nazjatar won't be a cake walk for low geared characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    The better question is when is 9.0 being released.
    Between August and December 2020.

Classic is timed for Aug 27th for when people are bored of 8.2, good plan on Blizzards part lol. I am guessing July 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Yep, the sad part is they have been holding this patch back for that exact purpose. They know it's not going to hold anyone's interest for long so they're are just trying to maximize its overlap time with the interest for FFXIV.
    They've shown that have little interest to iterate or improve the game with this PTR, they just want to drop the patch content and leave everything else as much as-is, as they can get away with. They've even given very little in the aspect of cookies to show that they are listening and taking feedback to heart. The PTR has been out for over a month, they just gave FDKs what they've been asking for almost a year and adjusted some of the color on a few plants and rocks.
    I wouldn't say they'd never do this. I'm expect they'll release it either 7/2 to coincide with FFXIV or the week before because of the holiday.

There are still lots of changes happening in the PTR. I don't think they're holding it back already. If anything, I expect they'll rush it out a bit to make sure people are playing it before they can get into FFXIV.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Classic is timed for Aug 27th for when people are bored of 8.2, good plan on Blizzards part lol. I am guessing July 9th.
    It would be strange to notice people about S2 ending over month before release. Also if 8.2 is 9th July, Azshara LFR (and I guess questlines post-Azshara raid) is unlocked on.. August 27th. So 25th June is perfect date for 8.2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    they havent tested season 3 affix yet so at least 6 weeks
    History has proven that’s not how this works. The testing for season 2 was very late in the 8.1 PTR cycle; basically the last couple of weeks.

Based on a recent Blue Post, it would seem Season 3 is likely to begin two weeks after the 8.2 launch. At that rate it’ll coincide with the launch of the new raid. Which makes a lot of sense, given the rewarded ilvl will be going up too.

Adding all of that up leads me to believe we’re are on pace for a release on the 25th, or the 2nd. I imagine they’d err on the aide of the 25th, though, to avoid the holiday and any scheduling issues with customer service. And that would put the raid and Season 3 out around the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It would be strange to notice people about S2 ending over month before release. Also if 8.2 is 9th July, Azshara LFR (and I guess questlines post-Azshara raid) is unlocked on.. August 27th. So 25th June is perfect date for 8.2.
    Possibly, I won't be playing 8.2 anyhow because Super Mario Maker 2 > All else in existence lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll release when they finally decide to stop timegating flight (this expack).

Then they'll sneak in a stealth-change to PF that makes you do it on EACH toon you want to fly on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Since the Blizzard Summit in April debunked.. 8.3 is happening.
    Yeah but we know for like 99% that 8.3 will be way smaller than 8.2 due to the fact that 8.2 is already marketed as this expansion's Argus. End of June was the most likely released date we estimated 8.2 to launch but I don't know. Blizzard is slow and their pacing this cycle is totally off. A release in July would mean a delay for more than 3 months from their Legion schedule (and please remember, Legion had Karazhan in 7.1 where 8.1 had nothing in that regard).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

it will take longer, mostly because Ion and co. are Playing Elsweyr ATM and they are looking for WHAT they will copy and shoehorn into 8.3 and the next xpac.
    plus there will be another HIATUS since their guild on FF14 Aether will be playing shadowbringers.