Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    hey, if is was magic, i'd be alright with it.

but have you ever tried to set fire to a live branch? not going to happen.

now imagine that live branch being the size of a coutry, and having rivers, lakes and rains on it. and druids.

i wouldnt think a dozen catapults would burn it.
    ever see a live tree catch fire in California? of course you have there's always major fires everywhere in the summer, every fucking year. its on the news constantly. the trees are alive, and spreads to area where drought isnt nearly as much of a problem, thats some bullshit logic you got going on. especially when giant forest fires can and have been started by something as inconspicuous as a cigarette butt thrown out the window, into a ditch on the highway. and yes there was magic, there was also elemental fire. so yeah a couple catapults could easily burn that down.

It's more difficult than a dried branch, sure... but impossible? If so we wouldn't have forest fires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's more difficult than a dried branch, sure... but impossible? If so we wouldn't have forest fires.
    We don't have forest fires in the Amazon often.
    We have forest fires in dry places like Australia or California every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    I think it was grown with fire protection, but due to lack of the full blessing as well as Staghelms meddling the entire tree was corrupted. It was later blessed, but it gives me the feeling it was spotty protection at best.
    Don't forget the Aspects who did said blessing have since lost their powers, and unlike Nordrassil it doesn't have the Well to feed on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Leveling a night elf and took a hippogryph, which flew around the tree. Teldrassil in game is huge, and that's actually smaller than it's supposed to be in lore. I just don't understand how simple catapults could completely engulf that tree in flames.
    A couple of bullets made of azerite can burn several catapults and a platoon of people to death. Catapult stones can wear hundreds of pounds. Feels right to me. Also the damage doesn't seem to be as heavy as people come to believe. If you look at it, it kinda looks like redwoods do after a forest fire. All the leaves, stems, and small branches are burned away, but the core of the tree and major branches are still there. The main branches on top of the baobob are still there.

Unlike say Southshore it entirely within the realm of belief that the kaldorei can rebuild their home, once the war is over.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    ever see a live tree catch fire in California? of course you have there's always major fires everywhere in the summer, every fucking year. its on the news constantly. the trees are alive, and spreads to area where drought isnt nearly as much of a problem, thats some bullshit logic you got going on. especially when giant forest fires can and have been started by something as inconspicuous as a cigarette butt thrown out the window, into a ditch on the highway. and yes there was magic, there was also elemental fire. so yeah a couple catapults could easily burn that down.
    California is a very dry place experiencing a drought. Teldrassil is in the middle of the ocean, and the demolishers hit its bark which should be wet. Shamanism is all well and good but the sheer speed with which the tree lit up can only be explained by the plot needing it to.

Azerite fuel can't incinerate wood branches. Totally an inside job by Cenarion Intelligence Agency to allow for expanded martial law and casus belli for going into Horde land and take their Azerite.
    Last edited by Nihilux; 2019-06-06 at 10:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux View Post
    Azerite fuel can't incinerate wood branches. Totally an inside job by Cenarion Intelligence Agency to allow for expanded martial law and casus belli for going into Horde land and take their Azerite.
    Tbh, that would have made more sense than the version that made it to live
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

now imagine that live branch being the size of a coutry, and having rivers, lakes and rains on it. and druids.

i wouldnt think a dozen catapults would burn it.
    in fact, even if you ignore the "downscaling" of the world for gameplay purposes...
    even if you go there in-game, the distance is too long for any catapult to reach the tree, and even more, it's very top, where darnassus is located.
    I mean...Fire elementals and Wind elementals aren't magic but they're magic beings...sort of. As said, Shamans fanned the fire using wind and fire magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I mean...Fire elementals and Wind elementals aren't magic but they're magic beings...sort of. As said, Shamans fanned the fire using wind and fire magic.
    What I don't get is that the elements are pissed off with Thrall for what he did but they don't care about being used to help massacre innocent people.

As for the tree, Azerite is Blizz's new favourite OP item that can do anything. Burning a tree using a Titans life essence as fuel sounds like it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    What I don't get is that the elements are pissed off with Thrall for what he did but they don't care about being used to help massacre innocent people.

As for the tree, Azerite is Blizz's new favourite OP item that can do anything. Burning a tree using a Titans life essence as fuel sounds like it should work.
    For a favourite item, it sure is poorly represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    For a favourite item, it sure is poorly represented.
    Yeah I'm hoping they seriously push on with the whole Azerite/Titan dying thing in 8.2. That's far more interesting than faction conflict and hasn't been part of the story enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Azerite is far too weak portrayed to be honest. That stuff is literally titan blood a single vial can create things like the sunwell and now both factions have tons of the stuff and what do they do with it, slap it on some weapons as powder instead................

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Azerite is far too weak portrayed to be honest. That stuff is literally titan blood a single vial can create things like the sunwell and now both factions have tons of the stuff and what do they do with it, slap it on some weapons as powder instead................
    "Shit, we oversold the hell out of the McGuffin. Downplay and barely mention it, because it makes the rest of the story and most of the game systems absolutely absurd!"
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Cierah View Post
    Outside of the standard 'wood burns' argument, you would have to think that something like Teldrassil would have had some sort of magical protections on it to prevent, say, some child NE from accidentally burning the whole place to the ground or a random bolt of lightning (they have to get thunderstorms every now and then you'd think) setting it ablaze. So if they were there, what happened to them? More of Sylvanas' doing (which then dives even deeper into intent), a weakening of the magics due to neglect, or as another poster joked... an inside job, i.e. sabotage.
    The goal was for the tree to be magically protected, but most of the dragon aspects refused to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    The goal was for the tree to be magically protected, but most of the dragon aspects refused to do so.
    The only Aspects that were available right before the Cataclysm were Alexstrasza and Ysera and they both blessed Teldrassil. At least as far as the protection with dragon magic stuff goes that should be enough. I mean, of course Nordrassil has more protection, but that is not from simply one more Aspect's blessing. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    The only Aspects that were available right before the Cataclysm were Alexstrasza and Ysera and they both blessed Teldrassil. At least as far as the protection with dragon magic stuff goes that should be enough. I mean, of course Nordrassil has more protection, but that is not from simply one more Aspect's blessing. ^^
    From what it sounded like, dragon aspect protection on a world tree is an "all or nothing" type of deal. Either all the aspects give it their blessings, or it has none.

From what it sounded like, dragon aspect protection on a world tree is an "all or nothing" type of deal. Either all the aspects give it their blessings, or it has none.
    Uh what? Where did you get that? If you get one, it's on. The blessing was given, because Teldrassil had been cleansed of corruption and also become an actual world tree with connection to Azeroth's heart and everyone living on the planet. For this, it needed protection and with Staghelm's treachery exposed and Malfurions return it wasn't meant for abuse in order to regain immortality anymore, but for the upkeep and protection of the world and life on the world.
    If you needed all Aspects' blessing for a protection, Nordrassil would not have been protected either, because it only had three, not five. Malygos was brooding in depression and Neltharion was insane and had turned into Deathwing when Nordrassil was planted. So by the logic 'you need all or it has none' even the very first try with it was futile and only for the looks of it. Which clearly was not the case, because it gave the Nightelves bound into the vow and the blessing all it was supposed to. Which Teldrassil did too, except for the immortality, of course, because that was granted by Nozdormu, who wasn't there for Teldrassil.

Wrong, they got the boost of two flights instead of three, but Nozdormu wasn't willing to hand out racial immortality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's a Great Tree, like a few of the others that dot that landscape of Azeroth. Like the charred bulk of Nordrassil after the events of the Third War it may even grow back in time - the things are pretty resilient when they aren't corrupted from the roots like Vordrassil was.
    Nah. My point is this -- Ever since Teldrassil's creation, it's looked like a hollowed out stump with a city on it. Branches grew out from the trunk, but never did it look like a 'world tree'. There could have been a multitude of reasons behind it, or, they could have created it differently -- the city could have been in the branches, or, it could have been in the hollows of the tree, shaped and molded by the druids rather than carved out.

But never did Teldrassil look like a tree... until it was burnt to a charred husk.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Nah. My point is this -- Ever since Teldrassil's creation, it's looked like a hollowed out stump with a city on it. Branches grew out from the trunk, but never did it look like a 'world tree'. There could have been a multitude of reasons behind it, or, they could have created it differently -- the city could have been in the branches, or, it could have been in the hollows of the tree, shaped and molded by the druids rather than carved out.

But never did Teldrassil look like a tree... until it was burnt to a charred husk.
    I think that is down to separation of gameplay and narrative. Within the universe Teldrassil is a giant tree. It is depicted like this in art:

In-game it has to have a plane at its top to hold the in-game zone and models, but it is supposed to be a more organic tree-like structure.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead