Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Very interesting concept.

Given the little exposure they got, I wonder if Draenei Artificer could fit the theme, cue to all of us riding Lightforged Warframes in Legion, despite the Magitek aspect being a departure, it might be workable with visual differences.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Engineering already covers this theme. What we need is something completely new, not something based off a profession.
    Isn't mage glorified enchanting?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

it is a really wonderful concept!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Very interesting concept.

Given the little exposure they got, I wonder if Draenei Artificer could fit the theme, cue to all of us riding Lightforged Warframes in Legion, despite the Magitek aspect being a departure, it might be workable with visual differences.
    If Blizzard is okay with shrinking Draenei to fit inside such a mech, it's possible. That said, I don't think the class mechs would be anything like the mech mounts. Mekkatorque's mech is a possibility, since it was never a mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by groovyt View Post
    it is a really wonderful concept!
    Thanks! (10 char)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Blizzard is okay with shrinking Draenei to fit inside such a mech, it's possible. That said, I don't think the class mechs would be anything like the mech mounts. Mekkatorque's mech is a possibility, since it was never a mount.
    I feel like we've already been seeing Blizz do this with mounts and races (with more of that to come in 8.2 as I recall), so doing it for mechs would make sense. This is in part why I feel that doing custom mechs per race would make sense, so this sizing can look as natural as possible. Plus, it will just look better IMO.

Totally agree that they won't be redos of the mounts we have currently. Blizz will want to differentiate mounts and mechs for PvP if nothing else.

No thanks to new classes. They can't design the ones they have. Wanting them to add more is 100% illogical.

Cool concept. I appreciate all the time you have put into thinking about how the class would work. I'd role one were it implemented. Couple of quick questions. Do you envision the tinker filling a game play role/niche that currently doesn't exist or is its inclusion primarily thematic? (Thematic would be fine since the theme is so cool.) Would you be open to the tinker being opened up to other races over time? Maybe the gnomes teach dwarves or draenei how to tinker as pandaren taught others to be monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Octoberfest99 View Post
    Cool concept. I appreciate all the time you have put into thinking about how the class would work. I'd role one were it implemented. Couple of quick questions. Do you envision the tinker filling a game play role/niche that currently doesn't exist or is its inclusion primarily thematic? (Thematic would be fine since the theme is so cool.) Would you be open to the tinker being opened up to other races over time? Maybe the gnomes teach dwarves or draenei how to tinker as pandaren taught others to be monks.
    Plenty of other races in game have access to tech, Teri’s is too fanatical for anything criticizing of HIS concept. At minimum Mag’har, Dark Iron, and Lightforged should also have access to Tinker class if ever implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Plenty of other races in game have access to tech, Teri’s is too fanatical for anything criticizing of HIS concept. At minimum Mag’har, Dark Iron, and Lightforged should also have access to Tinker class if ever implemented.
    Having a flirtation with tech is far different than having your races revolve around tech. Prominent Goblins and Gnomes are consistently seen piloting mechs. That simply isn't the case with Dwarnes, Orcs and Draenei.

Having a flirtation with tech is far different than having your races revolve around tech. Prominent Goblins and Gnomes are consistently seen piloting mechs. That simply isn't the case with Dwarnes, Orcs and Draenei.
    Nah, not good enough at all. Please try again, this argument falls to shreds when remembering that Lightforged exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, not good enough at all. Please try again, this argument falls to shreds when remembering that Lightforged exist.
    Are there any prominent Draenei piloting Lightforged Golems? I'm not aware of any...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I use grenades daily in both PvE and PVP. Cobalt Frag bombs stun 110s as well as many dungeon/raid mobs. This class concept has been run into the ground repeatedly. Look through the engineering profession and see how many items can be made that are just like "Tinkers."
    It's like saying Enchanters are basically Mages/Warlocks so those 2 classes shouldn't exist :/

Mages used to have "Ice Armor" which is like a chest armor enchant that gives extra armor and a special effect. They can also conjure food! Just like the Cooking profession! They can teleport to places, just like the Engineering profession! They used to be able to make Mana Potions (Gems)! Does that fall in the Alchemy or Jewelcrafting category? Man what a lack of creativity!

And Warlocks? They used to be able to enchant Weapons with extra spell damage. Just like Enchanting. Just pure lack of imagination. Seriously, remove these 2 classes already.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2019-06-09 at 04:31 PM.

This is a neat concept, the Tank spec immediately reminds me of the Timbersaw character from DotA2. However, I think many of the details presented need to be fleshed out in a more logical order, as you introduce things like Salvaging and other ability names before explaining what they are. Regardless, I think you have nailed the class theme perfectly.

I also agree with some others that mentioned thinking about a basic rotation for the specs, along with more general gameplay consideration, to give us an idea of how it will play in the moment. It makes it easier to visualise than just a list of the abilities and passives. For example, if I were presenting the Protection Paladin spec, I would introduce the core rotational abilities - Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous and Avenger's Shield - and explain how the gameplay would work in tandem with the core active mitigation ability Shield of Righteousness. It shows that you have thought about the spec beyond some neat tooltips; I would argue that gameplay is the most important thing to get right but your focus is very clearly on aesthetics.

Are there any prominent Draenei piloting Lightforged Golems? I'm not aware of any...
    Ohh good a moved goalpost... didn’t see that coming, are there really anyone but gelbin, must be a gnome only now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh good a moved goalpost... didn’t see that coming, are there really anyone but gelbin, must be a gnome only now.
    You’re also forgetting Gazlowe and Gallywix.

You’re also forgetting Gazlowe and Gallywix.
    In his defense, they are pretty forgettable.

I'd say Lightforged at least pass the test since their use of Warframes were so prominent I swear they were everywhere on Argus, and let's be honest were their any prominent Gnomish priests or Darkspear warlocks before they got added, though we have seen Orcs impied to be a primitive form of Druid, There has been cases of Draenei and Tauren Warlock as of recent expansions, not to mention my most hated enemy the Night Elf Paladin,

Really nice concept.

I especially like the Wrenchcalibur

Personally though i would like it if the class wasn't limited to gnome/goblins.

I was a bit confused about how many specs there was in this. It seems like you've got three specs on Mech and two on foot ? But it's pretty cool overall.

You made the Fuel resources pretty standard imo. But I wouldn't have imagine something that was not a pain in the ass to generate (like, using fuel to craft you bots, blast your abilities and then having to refuel your mech in battle while depending on your bots and turrets to do so xD).

I like the concept of Wrenchcalibur too. Got a TF2 vibe where you just smash your constructs until they get upgraded. I would have imagined an auto-upgrade of your minions on summon !

It's pleasant, and inspiring. I might think of a personal take on this class myself, later