Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    There is a history of Blizzard banning addons that made raiding too "easy". Already during ICC addon was banned that drew circles on players' monitors to show where the traps the Lich King throws are gonna land. After WoD Blizzard removed entire parts of their API to stop addons that guided players how to position in complex situations (famous part of Archimonde progresssion). Similarly, they blocked possibility of being auto invited to World Quests after Legion.

There were surely other cases, but you know, I'm not a walking encyclopedia.

Generally though, it was confirmed that Blizzard WILL step in if addons significantly modify gameplay experience in the direction they don't approve of. While its never clear what they approve of on retail, its very clear for Classic - everything that deviates from original experience is something they don't want. For that very reason they broke the functionality of old macros - it was a very limited problem back then, but with modern flow of information everybody and their mother would have macros remove any effort from playing their characters.

Therefore it's completely obvious that Blizzard will nuke any attempts of introducing player-made LFG into Classic. Those who say otherwise are overwhelmingly trolls, who hate Classic and dream of it failing, or just want to infuriate the playerbase.
    Sorry, but that's simply wrong. They banned it, because it made things far too easy. Also the addons there were messing with the world; something blizzard can't allow to do; especially with pvp in mind too. I doubt that blizzard will do anything against LFG-Addons if they don't go too far. If everyone using it, they might actually implement it themself, if only a few people use them, then doing nothing will be the best solution, simply because it regulates themself. Only when a big minority of the playerbase using it and if the server communication totally fails, they might do something.

BUT don't forget: Addons, even addons like these even existed in vanilla; they were rough, they didn't worked too well, but they existed. And banning them would actually change the game quite significantly, because in vanilla, all kind of addons existed.

So i doubt we will see anything that will be close to a ban of an addon in vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Addons like that were in game years ago? Hello? Retailers! BURN THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post
    Thank you for confirming that you are in fact a hypocrite. You complain about a so called "toxic" addon while YOU yourself would use it in a toxic manner. As I said before no one forces you to use a specific addon or utilize it a way that would discriminate against others.

But because YOU are a toxic player you're willing to use addons like r.io the shit all over other players.

And you know what? If you want to criticize me for that comment I'm going to tell you something very relevant to this topic:
    I've never used r.io. The only thing that I usually asked for when forming groups was at least some decent equipment that allows us to finish the dungeon/raid. Will I end up in shitty groups? Sure! Does that mean I want to use r.io? Nope!

If others want to use it, be my guest. If you don't want to invite me because I don't fit into a certain "score" then I don't even want to be in your group, because I know what kind of player you are. It's really simple...
    You must confuse me with someone else, because I never complained about the add-on. I just stated that you wouldn't be invited to groups if a LFD add-on would gain community-wide popularity, like r.io.

And sure, no one forces you to use an add-on like that. But people like to optimize the shit out of this game. It's like saying "no one forces you to grind island expeditions for AP", a true statement, but nonetheless, people feel forced to do it because it's the fastest way, and they want to do things the fastest way, no matter how painful it is.

It's the same with r.io. Once it had been established and a lot of people used it, you can tell yourself that it's stupid and no one forces you to use it and max out your score, but at the same time, you want to be invited to dungeons fast, and play with good players, so you join the system.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    You must confuse me with someone else, because I never complained about the add-on. I just stated that you wouldn't be invited to groups if a LFD add-on would gain community-wide popularity, like r.io.

And sure, no one forces you to use an add-on like that. But people like to optimize the shit out of this game. It's like saying "no one forces you to grind island expeditions for AP", a true statement, but nonetheless, people feel forced to do it because it's the fastest way, and they want to do things the fastest way, no matter how painful it is.

It's the same with r.io. Once it had been established and a lot of people used it, you can tell yourself that it's stupid and no one forces you to use it and max out your score, but at the same time, you want to be invited to dungeons fast, and play with good players, so you join the system.
    I asked YOU a very simple question and you responded with a definitive answer. So there was no mistake. You yourself showed your true side. Trying to back paddle just makes you look foolish. I wanted to show that you yourself are the problem with the use of addons. It's not the addon itself.

It is YOUR decision to install it. It is YOUR decision to use in a discriminatory way.

And I'm telling you that this is a general problem in modern societies. People are not willing to take responsibility for their own actions. It's always someone else that is to blame. It is reflected in gaming as well.