Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Once they publish more games, they'll probably offer more. This is a major reason why I think that XCloud has a better chance for success. *It should* have better pricing and a better library. That's not saying anything to the technology aspect of it. That is something we'll have to see bear out over time.
    Azure has better coverage then google, so unless you live really close to a google data center chances are MSs service will probably run with less input lag as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Azure has better coverage then google, so unless you live really close to a google data center chances are MSs service will probably run with less input lag as well.
    Add in their research into predictive input and you should notice even less.

The only thing that might save Stadia in the long run is the fact they can probably use the Stadia hardware as a render farm when it's not in use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I guess you can dismiss them because they've failed going after the big fish before. But they are as enormous as they are because they've successfully gone after the big fish.
    Majority of their successful products are actually acquired by being bought out. The only ones that aren't really is their search engine and gmail.
    Google kills off way too many projects and they have no focus. Hangouts, Inbox, Trips, Allo, Google Play Music, Youtube Gaming and Nest ecosystem/software are the ones I can think of just within the past year. Nest in particular is quite fucked up cause a lot of the software behind it are going to be shut down, going lawlfuku basically.

I personally have no trust in their 'side businesses', as I don't even know if they'll just shut it down.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-06-06 at 10:22 PM. Reason: quoted wrong person, derp

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a 1080/60 free version coming.

Something people need to keep in mind, nobody coming to this forum is the base for this. This is more for the smart phone/tablet casual gaming base. This is for people who don't want to spend 500$ on a box or gaming pc to play games.
    I heard the OUYA wants company. In all seriousness, Smart Phones and Tablets native games can do 1080p or better. So why use your limited data to play games? Also, wouldn't this make it worse than a Xbox One X that can do 4k?

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You have to pay for things like PS Live as well.

Now, we'll have to wait for MS announcement, will there be an additional cost for the streaming.
    Consoles have to pay an additional cost for multiplayer games but not PC. Also not smart phones either.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet the controller sucks too. These kind of things never have a good controller. Just a cheap hunk of plastic

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The project looks interesting... But I fear the only way for it to really take off is for it to score some serious AAA games to release exclusively for it before it goes to other consoles or the PC market. At least Google has the deep pockets to least make an attempt

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone notice they had streaming hiccups while talking about a streaming service? Not exactly off to a good start.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stadia 4K streaming will use up 1TB of data in 65 hours buff.ly/2XtHliA Pffffttt hahaaaaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a real opinion on the console yet but I have seen some that aren't fair/ridiculous to me.

"It's only cheap because you don't own the game and they want to sell you Google Fiber."

Well if I don't care about owning the game after I finish it then 'owning' it does not matter to me. In fact I would expect to pay less because of that fact. I also don't mine Google wanting to sell me Google Fiber. I WANT Google Fiber. I sure don't think my local ISPs could support the system without making me rage. Also the question of 'ownership' comes down how much do you own anything that you rely on another company to host or for the servers to be online? You Steam games? Your online games? How much of those do you 'own'?

I'd be worried about giving Google more of my data more than anything.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't have a real opinion on the console yet but I have seen some that aren't fair/ridiculous to me.

"It's only cheap because you don't own the game and they want to sell you Google Fiber."

Well if I don't care about owning the game after I finish it then 'owning' it does not matter to me. In fact I would expect to pay less because of that fact. I also don't mine Google wanting to sell me Google Fiber. I WANT Google Fiber. I sure don't think my local ISPs could support the system without making me rage. Also the question of 'ownership' comes down how much do you own anything that you rely on another company to host or for the servers to be online? You Steam games? Your online games? How much of those do you 'own'?

I'd be worried about giving Google more of my data more than anything.
    Google pause its fiber rollout like a year ago. Not sure if they resumed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Google pause its fiber rollout like a year ago. Not sure if they resumed it.
    I heard the same thing as well. Never heard anything about them resuming rollouts either. That's why the comment I read, not on this site, grabbed my attention. Wasn't a unique one though. Could have just been hot tacks after the most recent release though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Stadia 4K streaming will use up 1TB of data in 65 hours buff.ly/2XtHliA Pffffttt hahaaaaaa
    Don't you all have Google Fiber connections?

- - - Updated - - -

I get your point on the pricing. The problem is publishers don't want their brand new 60$ games to be sold for less, which is why all those 60$ brand new games were pulled from EGS sale. They are gonna need to adjust the pricing as it goes on though.
    I've never liked the moment when games went from $50 to $60 and we happily ate it up like it was nothing. Brand new games rarely stay $60 for long, if you know where to shop. Steam has Sekiro for $60 but on places like G2A you can already find it for $50. But at the very least when I buy a game off Steam I own the game, and yes I own it. I don't care what anyone says, if Valve were to pack up shop and leave I have 101 places to download cracks to play my games. If Stadia dies off like Google+ then I do indeed lose my games, and no amount of game cracks will fix this. So I would assume the games they offer are discounted compared to Steam and physical copies of games. At the very least Google could offer a Steam key for games bought on their Stadia service, like Nvidia does with their cloud gaming service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I heard the same thing as well. Never heard anything about them resuming rollouts either. That's why the comment I read, not on this site, grabbed my attention. Wasn't a unique one though. Could have just been hot tacks after the most recent release though.
    They pulled out of Louisville Kentucky cause they cheaped out on laying wires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be sticking PC and Switch.

Google can fuck off!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Interesting pricing tag onestly - i thought they were gonna make it more expensive.

Anyway, nice to know there's a free version coming, and that's where the thing will have success. 4k/60 requires so much in terms of internet line quality only few people will be experiencing it, especially if you're on a limited data plan.

It's not going to be optimal by a long shot. But if it's playable, i can see an awful lot of people just going with that because they just need a gamepad and a connection, and they just need to buy games without having to buy hardware - no need to upgrade, no worries about retrocompatibility and your games will be always yours and playable.

I won't get it because i have a pc already. I don't need it and PC gamers won't get it for the most part. I can see people sharing their accounts so much.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I have unlimited data plan :-/

Also lol, that's the catch, you don't need your own PC/Console... So you don't need to waste $500+ on hardware when u can just subscribe to them for 10$ and get full 4k60fps on THEIR hardware.
    Do you also get a free 4k60fps tv when you subscribe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Do you also get a free 4k60fps tv when you subscribe?
    do u get a free 4k60fps tv when u buy a PS5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    do u get a free 4k60fps tv when u buy a PS5?
    so you do need to waste $500+ on hardware
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I have no interest in a streaming service and if I did it wouldn't be googles.

Google is well known for starting something and dropping it later, So if you did buy into it would you lose your games when it shuts down.

If I had to go with a streaming Netflix style service it would ether be PSNow or Xbox Games Pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    so you do need to waste $500+ on hardware
    You do realize u can get a 4K TV for like $200-$250 right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize u can get a 4K TV for like $200-$250 right?
    Maybe, but cheapest non-used one is LG NanoCell 49UK7550 for 750$ here (outstandingly cheapest by the way, literally any other model costs 1k+). Doesn't change anything tho, you still have to buy 4k TV to benefit from "just subscribe and get 4k60fps" and get better data plan. So saying that it's "just subscribe to them for 10$ and get full 4k60fps" is disingenuous and something that dodgy door-to-door salesman would say.