Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Hey, I do not mind if you get your unbalanced, no skill version of wow. Just stay clear of BFA as well and ask your community to stop shitting on it, Kthxbye.
    Says the guy who is right here in Classic forum shitting on Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Says the guy who is right here in Classic forum shitting on Classic.
    I am just stating the obvious about Classic. Class and "specs" are unbalanced with some totally useless as soon as you hit raiding. Rotations are boring (mage rotation?), and you have, what 1 or 2 mecanics by raid boss?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    How do you guys even get past his first sentence:
    "So I recently took a look at this hole debate on youtube"
    ?
    I wager most people skimmed and read it as "Fill a thread with vigorous discussion about Classic and ignore the trolls -- OK, go!"

I am just stating the obvious about Classic. Class and "specs" are unbalanced with some totally useless as soon as you hit raiding. Rotations are boring (mage rotation?), and you have, what 1 or 2 mecanics by raid boss?
    And thats fine, because the game is neither an ARPG or a dungeon crawler (like retail is).

5+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I do not mind if you get your unbalanced, no skill version of wow. Just stay clear of BFA as well and ask your community to stop shitting on it, Kthxbye.
    Once Classic overtakes retail, we'll be coming for BfA and fixing it. Making it faster, stronger, and more MMO like. We's be taking away your LFR's and endless loot grinds. We'll force you to group with other players to kill world trash. No more catch up loot. No more crappy Diablo 3 style talent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    Once Classic overtakes retail, we'll be coming for BfA and fixing it. Making it faster, stronger, and more MMO like. We's be taking away your LFR's and endless loot grinds. We'll force you to group with other players to kill world trash. No more catch up loot. No more crappy Diablo 3 style talent tree.
    Dude, I do not even play LFR. Try harder next time.

Yeah but why do you care?
    I seem to see a lot of bitternes from bfa players who seem upset that classic is gathering a lot of hype and excitement. While bfa continues to get laughed at and downvoted and joked about.

And ill state the same about bfa, its souless, boring and an collection of lazy greedy development practices, not desgned for fun but for "engagement".
    We all know classic is unbalanced and easy, but people like you dont seem to understand that the reason we prefer classic is its a better overall more rewarding experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You can believe what you want, it doesn't change anything
    And you can believe what you want, it won't change reality. Just admit that you're salty so many people are hyped for Classic and the advantages it has to a certain demo that BfA doesn't cater for.

Like I said before:
    It's not just the content of the game or the systems, it's the mindset of the people those systems and gameplay attract.

You're not one of these people, we get it. You can decry Classic all you want. It won't change how we play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so sorta like how the current games story is told though quest text that you have to piece together? also WE ARE THE GREATEST HEROS, DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY WE HAVE KILLED!?

also how does vanilla wow leave everything to imagination, when everything is layed out for you the exact same fucking way it is now.
    Go watch some of Bellular's recent videos about Classic vs BfA. He explains it better than I can be bothered to.

I am just stating the obvious about Classic.
    So when you go on Classic forum and shitpost it's "stating the obvious" but when others do the same about BfA you are trying to pretend to be adult and scolding them about "shitting on BfA".

Go away, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhila View Post
    Yeah but why do you care?
    To be honest, more or less every resource Blizzard uses for Classic is somehow away from making BfA better as well, so I can understand some people's frustration. But in the long run Classic will probably be a good thing for BfA as well. I can see it luring some back to the game and get their subs going again. Hopefully Blizzard also goes all out war on private servers at the same time. More money from Classic and it's new subs, more resources for BfA and next expansion. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's 3-5 gear pieces at best, they'd have to be 1k-2k ilvl pieces for you to be 400 ilvl. So you definitely did something else but "literally nothing in this expansion". And 400ilvl is an raid-entry-level gear, that's where you start getting gear, not where you stop
    All I did was WQ, IE and Battle for Stromgaurde/Darkshore and that's literally it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Yea that's just utter bullshit. Most R14's in my server back in the day were from same chinese group, and they basically lost everything. They knew how to farm fuckton of honor 20 hours a day though. R14 had absolutely nothing to do with skill.
    Seconded. Got standing 2 a few weeks and got whispered from a R14 rotation group if I could slow down. All I did was queuing for Arathi basin (think it had shortest queue AFAIK) and stood afk at mines being minimized doing other stuff.

Vanilla ranking system was cancer and hurt pvp because it rewarded farming and time played rather than effort made during that time. No skill required, only time. I personally can't see how people praise the system.

God damn how I miss sitting in the middle of the night in OG having conversations with complete strangers. Only that makes Vanilla/TBC so much better.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. MMO gameplay isn't about pressing buttons. I've had more fun with "Create Healthstone" on a vanilla server than I've had with any class mechanic that was added since Cataclysm.

2. Why does it matter if something you enjoy takes time? Your statement equates to saying "Why would people backpack through Australia for 6 months. You could just spent a weekend in Sydney"

3. The beauty of vanilla gameplay is that you could level to 60 multiple times, and it'll be different every. single. time. You'll meet different people, and have different experiences.

4. Oh no, €13 a month.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdcx View Post
    The 2019 gamer is a shithead.

That's why we want Classic. No 2019 gamers.
    Thank god u said that.

I like seeing enemy players' health bars go down when I attack them in classic. On live everyone's a raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Thank god u said that.
    If the Classic WoW discord server is any indication, it will be fully of 2019 gamers. Nothing but memes and trolling.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdcx View Post
    The 2019 gamer is a shithead.

That's why we want Classic. No 2019 gamers.
    Isn't anyone who is a gamer in 2019 a 2019 gamer? What classifies someone as being one? They started to game in 2019?

One doesn't have to be a young or new gamer to understand memes..

as pepperidge farm remembers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uncivil servant View Post
    One doesn't have to be a young or new gamer to understand memes..

as pepperidge farm remembers.
    Its not about understanding them, it's about the overuse of them. For me, it gets annoying.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.