Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You do realize that in vanilla there was no global channel for any form of chat right? Trade chat only got made visible in the 3 capital cities like halfway through vanilla and there was no global LFG channel like there is now. LFG was localized as was general chat. The "LFG" feature was something that people could only use if they literally went to the dungeon's meeting stone and clicked on it manually. What you are attempting to do is make an addon that only will group people together if they have this addon you are trying to create and will ignore anyone who doesn't have it.

Also fuck this addon! The whole thing about vanilla was to form a community that actually has a reputation for the character you are playing (good or bad) and none of this automated, anonymous bullshit LFG tools that the game currently has.
    One look at the WoW Api will prove you wrong.
    Please stop talking out of your ass without actual knowledge of the game/api.

Looks like this can be a useful addon, especially if youre in a dungeon and someone leaves. Going back to a major city (if no guildies/friends online) to get a new party member was a bit of a pain when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Nice try, but it does exist, and it does work.
    https://github.com/insaneKane/wow-classic-lfg-lfr

If you got any programming skills, it won't be a problem to read the source.

Oh a side note, it has Gear Score implemented .
    This is not the project that I am working on. This is just a troll of somebody. The addon that I am developing does not and will not have any kind of gearscore/ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    This is not the project that I am working on. This is just a troll of somebody. The addon that I am developing does not and will not have any kind of gearscore/ilvl.
    It's not a troll, its an working addon, and has been working for a long time now.
    I'm not claiming its the addon you are working on, but the thing you are making already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Looks like this can be a useful addon, especially if youre in a dungeon and someone leaves. Going back to a major city (if no guildies/friends online) to get a new party member was a bit of a pain when it happened.
    I think you still want to do that so you also reach people that don't have the addon (it will do the spamming in chat for you tho)

Dude why not just...idk...play current wow. Lock your character at 60. With all these addons its gonna be current wow eventually minus the MUCH NEEDED class tuning. I just dont get people that want classic but want all these addons they werent there that make it more like current wow. I hope blizz perma bans anyone who uses addons that they originally did in classic.

I got news for everybody that's hating on the OP for trying to make a LFG addon: if you people think that LFG or RIO addons won't be mainstream on Classic - you're horribly lying to yourselves and might as well start living with this thought from now. Blizzard are messing with plenty of stuff in order to make sure Classic won't be 100% Vanilla. Same will happen with modern utilities (addons). We're long past 2004 people, deal with it.

I am just waiting for a proper retail style quest and mini map tracker, it will happen if someone isn't already making it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    Dude why not just...idk...play current wow. Lock your character at 60. With all these addons its gonna be current wow eventually minus the MUCH NEEDED class tuning. I just dont get people that want classic but want all these addons they werent there that make it more like current wow. I hope blizz perma bans anyone who uses addons that they originally did in classic.
    It isn't the same since everything changed mechanically.

I think you still want to do that so you also reach people that don't have the addon (it will do the spamming in chat for you tho)
    That is true. At least its another way of forming a group or advertising it.

If you want to try out the addon for yourself, a first release is available on the twitch app or curseforge. I really hope to get your guys opinion on this in a civilized way
    Great, people like you are helping kill the server community which was what made Classic.... Classic.

Why are you doing this? People hate LFG/LFR in live, so they want to play classic... then you go ahead and create this piece of shit addon to remove people from the community by giving them this feature.

Please, stop developing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    Great, people like you are helping kill the server community which was what made Classic.... Classic.

Why are you doing this? People hate LFG/LFR in live, so they want to play classic... then you go ahead and create this piece of shit addon to remove people from the community by giving them this feature.

Well if people truly hate these addons as much as you say they do, then no one would use it and you've got nothing to worry about. But if people do end up using it then that means you were wrong and people don't truly hate the addons as much as you think they do.

Please stop being so overdramatic. As I mentioned in my previous post - Classic will never be or feel the way Vanilla did. And the absolute same applies to utilities such as addons. There WILL BE LFG, RIO, Questi Helper, etc, which (I guarantee you!!) WILL be mainstream. You can't rewind time, deal with it.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2019-06-07 at 01:32 PM.

While i will in no way shape or form be playing classic i wonder if people realize that LFG tool is different from LFD and LFR lol

- - - Updated - - -

Bro you're being ridiculous. NO ONE hates the LFG Tool lol they hate LFR and LFD get that through your head lol LFG is the tool to look for groups to join or make a group for people to join lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Please stop being so overdramatic. As I mentioned in my previous post - Classic will never be or feel the way Vanilla did. And the absolute same applies to utilities such as addons. There WILL BE LFG, RIO, Questi Helper, etc, which (I guarantee you!!) WILL be mainstream. You can't rewind time, deal with it.
    People are crybabies what do you expect lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by NecroLars View Post
    While I personally hope that Blizzard bricks addOns like the one you are currently developing, I wish you luck with it and want to remind you to never give up doing the things you enjoy in life.
    Yeah, god forbid people are allowed to be notified about someone looking for group in trade, when they are out in the world doing other stuff.

those that want this addon, please do not play Classic.

Thanks

those that want this addon, please do not play Classic.

Thanks
    How does this addon effect your game so much that you don't want others to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    How does this addon effect your game so much that you don't want others to use it?
    it removes people from the classic way to create dungeon groups... simple.

it removes people from the classic way to create dungeon groups... simple.
    It does not tho. If you create a group using the addon it will advertise that group in public chat channels.

It does... because then people just use that instead of making groups how it was intended to be done.

Basically, without this addon, people will have a harder time making groups because those using it will be out of the pool of users.

This makes the addon mandatory for anyone to make groups, which is pathetic. I hope Blizzard bans it.

I am currently in the process of developing a LFG addon for classic and I got the basic functionalities working. As I do want to create a tool that somewhat reflect the spirit of the classic community I want to reach out to you guys and get feedback or suggestions on features that should or should not be included. I know a lot of people are very sensitive when it comes to a LFG tool for classic and thats exactly why I want to try to work it out with the community. I will consolidate all the feedback and suggestions provided in this thread in the OP.
    The following is a small summary of what features are currently planned and which are not:

Planned/Already implemented:

Parse chat messages for groups:
    The addon checks all public messaging channels your character sees and tries to figure out if this message has the purpose of looking for people for a dunngeon. If such a message is found it will broadcast this message to other people using the addon. This means that the message of a player in stormwind that is looking for people to do deadmines with is going to be relayed to people outside of stormwind and vice versa. This enables people to actually go out in the world and do quests, farm, PvP and more.
    The addon then shows this in a nice formated way in its interface. You can then just click on the group and whisper the leader to join them

Addon created groups:
    This feature allows you to list your group in the tool with a button click and makes it visible to everyone with the addon. It also advertises for your group in a configurable chat channel of your choice, so even people without the addon are going to notice your group. People with the addon can just queue for your group and will show up in the list of applicants.
    This does not only include dungeons, but also has a custom category for world events like: World Bosses, Stranglethorn Arena ect.

Ignore List:
    Groups that contain people on your ignore list will not show up for you in the tool.

Not Planned:

- Making item level of applicants available to a group leader
    - Automated matchmaking

If you want to try out the addon for yourself, a first release is available on the twitch app or curseforge. I really hope to get your guys opinion on this in a civilized way
    Since some time has passed since the first post, how's the whole thing doing?

Also I have a question: If the ilvl stuff is meant to avoid toxicity or eventually elitism ( I am guessing, but maybe I am wrong ), wouldn't the ignore list feature push towards the point you are trying to avoid?