Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    It does... because then people just use that instead of making groups how it was intended to be done.

Basically, without this addon, people will have a harder time making groups because those using it will be out of the pool of users.

This makes the addon mandatory for anyone to make groups, which is pathetic. I hope Blizzard bans it.
    Bullshit. Nothing about it makes it mandatory, and it does not affect the "pool of users". It simply reads chat for you and displays groups looking for members. Less hyperbolic bs please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Bullshit. Nothing about it makes it mandatory, and it does not affect the "pool of users". It simply reads chat for you and displays groups looking for members. Less hyperbolic bs please.
    You clearly do not understand the impact to the game.

Once you understand, then you can reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    Ignore List:
    Groups that contain people on your ignore list will not show up for you in the tool.
    The problem is that if you are a party leader and you invite someone that has a terrible reputation youll never get to fill up your party since it will be ignored by most users.

I would change this to a reputation system that everyone can have access to, can be in a color system at simple sight like green, yellow and red and then a more detailed one by clicking the name or overlay. That way you can easily avoid bad reputation players into your group

There is no impact to the game, other than fool's like you that think it is some evil, terrible thing. But hey, keep the hyperbolic bs flowing.

Your post literally applies to yourself. Learn what the addon actually does before you reply again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    The problem is that if you are a party leader and you invite someone that has a terrible reputation youll never get to fill up your party since it will be ignored by most users.

I would change this to a reputation system that everyone can have access to, can be in a color system at simple sight like green, yellow and red and then a more detailed one by clicking the name or overlay. That way you can easily avoid bad reputation players into your group
    A rep system is too easily abused.

There is no impact to the game, other than fool's like you that think it is some evil, terrible thing. But hey, keep the hyperbolic bs flowing.
    No point in arguing with people who do not understand something as simple as this.

No point in arguing with people who do not understand something as simple as this.
    You have already proven your ignorance in the matter. Time for ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    While i will in no way shape or form be playing classic i wonder if people realize that LFG tool is different from LFD and LFR lol
    I hope so. If they think an addon can teleport people to the dungeon they have to be a special kind of stupid. As I understood it there would also be no automatic matchmaking which means you'll still form the group manually, you just won't have to try reading trade chat while hundreds of people are spamming it non stop.

You have already proven your ignorance in the matter. Time for ignore.
    There's no point bud, just stop replying. You have lost an argument that you do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Since some time has passed since the first post, how's the whole thing doing?

Also I have a question: If the ilvl stuff is meant to avoid toxicity or eventually elitism ( I am guessing, but maybe I am wrong ), wouldn't the ignore list feature push towards the point you are trying to avoid?
    I'm working on it basically every day and I've made great progress so far. The basics of the addon are working (you can create and find groups using the addon right now). Yes, by not displaying ilvl to the group leaders I want to prevent people from filtering others out by just a number indicator that doesn't really have any value in classic (Gear with lower item level is better in a lot of cases). The ignore list is the same as your real ignore list and you would not have seen this person posting a group in chat anyways

You clearly didn't read what the addon does.

Addon created groups:
    It also advertises for your group in a configurable chat channel of your choice, so even people without the addon are going to notice your group.
    So again how does people using the addon effect you?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post

I do not want to put in any reputation system as the community should regulate itself, but you are right about the first part. Maybe I should just not show a group to you if the leader is on your ignore list?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I hope so. If they think an addon can teleport people to the dungeon they have to be a special kind of stupid. As I understood it there would also be no automatic matchmaking which means you'll still form the group manually, you just won't have to try reading trade chat while hundreds of people are spamming it non stop.
    To me it seems like all these people think its like LFD and LFR lol LFG is the manual tool that we have in game right now and idk how they dont get that xD

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    To me it seems like all these people think its like LFD and LFR lol LFG is the manual tool that we have in game right now and idk how they dont get that xD
    Stupidity? Ignorance? All of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Stupidity? Ignorance? All of the above?
    most likely but i dont expect much from classic crazies as it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    I do not want to put in any reputation system as the community should regulate itself, but you are right about the first part. Maybe I should just not show a group to you if the leader is on your ignore list?
    I really wanted to do a thread with a poll about this topic...but maybe i shouldnt.

But i have a request for this addon:
    Make a PERSONAL reputation tab. (only shows to the user and NOT to the world)

At the end of each dungeon you can can give a "+" or a "-" to all party members.
    And next time you see them on LFG you would see the +'s and the -'s
    But is only personal.
    You can also have "notes" on each player so you recognize them.

NOTE: I still dont know if i agree with addons...this should be a topic worth discussing
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-07 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it removes people from the classic way to create dungeon groups... simple.
    No it doesn't.

First of all, servers are going to be far larger than before. General chat in citites will be fast and it will be hard to read everything. On private servers everyone joins /world to make groups. I expect that to follow in classic.

The world chat moves so fast it's almost impossible to read it all.

What this addon does is flag people who are looking to do dungeons.

So if I type "LFG DM", I will be listed under Deadmines (and possibly Dire Maul). This makes it easier for people creating a group and vice versa.

You still have to whisper and invite people yourself.

It's a copy of Vqueue (addon used on private servers).
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-06-07 at 03:30 PM.

@Tekkommo

I still dont know if an addon like this would ruin Classic or not.

BUT

I would 100% use it if it had a personal reputation tab.
    It would just be awesome to have your entire server with "notes" on each player you meet.
    And have said notes while finding a group.

It would be awesome to have a general note on each player you meet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    @Tekkommo

I still dont know if an addon like this would ruin Classic or not.

BUT

I would 100% use it if it had a personal reputation tab.
    It would just be awesome to have your entire server with "notes" on each player you meet.
    And have said notes while finding a group.

It would be awesome to have a general note on each player you meet.
    Didn't ruin it for me on private servers, all it really is, is a chat saver so you don't have to carefully scroll through chat in the hope that someone is doing a dungeon you want.

I also never played on hugely populated servers back in the day either, they were normally medium size, so chat was much easier to read. With far bigger servers, any LFG channel the community creates will be spammed to hell.