Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Can't you pay gold for a run to get this elemental right now? Meanwhile you can't bruteforce the drop rate of Mimiron's head.

In short, I think the rarest is the one you can't buy.
    You should level some alts... killing him 5/10/20/30 times per week is literally bruteforcing the drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    /s

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts

Mim's head is 7.7%.

Jaina's mount is 0.3%.

Her mount is rarer by over an order of magnitude, not even close.

There's currently 1269 guilds who have killed Jaina. First kill was Feb 5th by Method. That means they have collected 19 mounts so far. The median guild has collect 4 mounts, killing her May 15th. The median of the first half is 9 and the second half is 3. Making some generalizations, we can estimate within a decent margin of error that there have been roughly 7.5k Jaina mounts collect so far.

Doing a similar analysis on Mim's head, there were 1566 guilds that achieved alone in the darkness before the Cataclysm prepatch which changed the drop rate. The median on the first half of the data is 51 heads, and the second half is 10 heads. The raw number, 30.5*1566 produces around 48k heads before it was removed. However we ought to reduce that number to account for guilds shifting focus from Ulduar to ToGC/ICC before those raids were on farm. Furthermore not every guild would have recleared every single week for mounts given that Ulduar was quite long. Also this was before the mount journal, so several characters on the same account may have gotten Mim's head which would eventually be reduced to one. The number is also further muddied by the farming people would have done since then. If you farmed every single week, you would have done it 446 times, which would result in 4.46 heads on average.

Regardless, it's easily to see just from the Mim head drops while the content was current and 100%, why there are 25x the number of heads compared to Jaina's mount. We could reasonably imagine a similar number by the end of the expansion. As an example, Gul'dans mythic only mount is sitting at 3.8%. As time goes on and he becomes easily soloable and people farm him, it would likely approach Mim's number.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2019-06-07 at 07:53 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    The rarest commodity is a Mythic raider's capacity for humility, apparently.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

There's no mount like Myrmidon's Head.

Glacial Tidestorm is indeed rare, but not the rarest. Plenty of people are going to have it in the next expansion... just as it was with the Mimiron's Head. But I think that Mimiron's Head was rarer and more prestigeous back then in WOTLK than the Jaina mount is now.

Imagine bragging about a buyable mount on a banned account in a dead game

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's no mount like Myrmidon's Head.

Glacial Tidestorm is indeed rare, but not the rarest. Plenty of people are going to have it in the next expansion... just as it was with the Mimiron's Head. But I think that Mimiron's Head was rarer and more prestigeous back then in WOTLK than the Jaina mount is now.
    I think that's because only 10 guilds managed to accomplish it before the release of the next raid. At a maximum, there were 28 head's before ToC launched. That's compared to thousands of current mythic end boss mounts being around before the end of each tier. Furthermore, mounts are account wide so your level 22 alt can ride around on Jaina's mount right now too. Also, only 409 guilds managed Alone in the Darkness before the release of ICC, which is two raids after Ulduar. Three times that number cleared mythic Jaina already, with 8.2 yet to be announced. It took nearly 18 months for the same number of guilds who have killed mythic Jaina to defeat Yogg+0!!
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I think that's because only 10 guilds managed to accomplish it before the release of the next raid. At a maximum, there were 28 head's before ToC launched. That's compared to thousands of current mythic end boss mounts being around before the end of each tier. Furthermore, mounts are account wide so your level 22 alt can ride around on Jaina's mount right now too. Also, only 409 guilds managed Alone in the Darkness before the release of ICC, which is two raids after Ulduar. Three times that number cleared mythic Jaina already (6 months since BoD came out), with 8.2 yet to be announced. It took nearly 18 months for the same number of guilds who have killed mythic Jaina to defeat Yogg+0!!
    Exactly, this just shows that Yogg+0 was a greater and more prestigeous feat back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Exactly, this just shows that Yogg+0 was a greater and more prestigeous feat back then.
    Exactly my point
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    Whenever I see someone mount the zulian tiger(mostly at the start of a bg) I use mine too just to let him or her know they aint special
    Can't it be that you're both special? I usually mount my zulian in popular places because we're out there and I never see it.

Another good one to use in public places is the OG brewfest ram.

I prefer the Jaina's head mount, it is incredibly rare though.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I believe the rarest mount, statistically, is the Love Rocket?

As for how many players have the elemental vs. the head, I believe there may be a website where you can look it up.
    I think that would be the AQ opening one, actually. Most others are still accessible, including the love rocket.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    That post had 0 to do with me getting banned, it was directed at the fact people do get banned selling the mount when others make money and profit from putting on tournaments.

I didn't buy any mount, we completed old content MONTHS after it was cleared.

I'm still happy to have a mount you never will

- - - Updated - - -

Actually being able to trigger nerds who though I meant Jeff Kaplin, was a happy surprise, Jeff K is an actual boomkin in my guild who has the head and we argued over which was more rare.

Added bonus I learned about the mount website!

The more you know
    Never have, lol alright mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think that would be the AQ opening one, actually. Most others are still accessible, including the love rocket.
    I was only talking about the ones still obtainable, my bad.

As for unobtainable ones, that's probably the old vanilla racial mounts that were removed in one of the first patches. White NElf tiger, green kodo, that sort of thing.

Jaina as a mount would surely be a nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Imagine bragging about a buyable mount on a banned account in a dead game
    WoW is not dead no matter how many times you hipsters claim it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    to be fair I think we only know of Arthas, Kalec and possibly Kaelthas as having had Jaina as a mount
    Maybe Antonidas aswell. She became an archmage due to his protection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Jaina as a mount would surely be a nice idea.
    I would prefer Tyrande.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

jaina is way rarer.

everybody an their mother has mimirons head. 1% dropchance isn't that bad for something you have been able to solo for a decade on multiple characters. iirc you can even save-share shortcut for that one. anyone who tries for it can get it by spending an hour a week for a couple of months.

meanwhile jaina won't be trivally soloable for at least 2 years, and even then there are no shortcuts so you have to do the entire raid every time.

honestly my personal dilemma is: guldan mount farm was easy, shortcut meant you only had to do 2 bosses. but can i really be arsed to mountfarm jaina if i have to do the entire raid each time? or am i better off overal just waiting 2 years and then solo farming it. (or will i just get some random recolor they will no doubt add by then)
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-06-07 at 04:06 PM.

Who cares? Both are hideous.

Real players have the Mottled Red Raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    Whenever I see someone mount the zulian tiger(mostly at the start of a bg) I use mine too just to let him or her know they aint special
    So, every time you see the mount you go out of your way to mount up on the same thing? That seems unbelievably petty.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice