Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Maybe, but cheapest non-used one is LG NanoCell 49UK7550 for 750$ here (outstandingly cheapest by the way, literally any other model costs 1k+). Doesn't change anything tho, you still have to buy 4k TV to benefit from "just subscribe and get 4k60fps" and get better data plan. So saying that it's "just subscribe to them for 10$ and get full 4k60fps" is disingenuous and something that dodgy door-to-door salesman would say.
    Seeing how 4K TV's are becoming way more common no it isn't.

Cheapest 4K tv right now I can find is from Wal-Mart for $179.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-43-Cl...U4300/55540601

4K TV's are becoming the norm with each passing day, The issue won't be having one it will be having a data plan that doesn't fuck you over. If you are capped even at 1TB of Data you will hit that cap in little over a hour.

Also you can go cheaper then that LG I'm sure, Many stores sell budget new TV's. Yours is also a smart HDR TV so your going to pay more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seeing how 4K TV's are becoming way more common no it isn't.
    No, it is, because it's literally a lie, because you still need hardware and data plan on top of the subscription.

Cheapest 4K tv right now I can find is from Wal-Mart for $179.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-43-Cl...U4300/55540601
    Wow, now all you have to do to use Stadia is just move to USA and buy cheapest 4k TV then on top of "just subscription"

4K TV's are becoming the norm with each passing day, The issue won't be having one it will be having a data plan that doesn't fuck you over. If you are capped even at 1TB of Data you will hit that cap in little over a hour.

Also you can go cheaper then that LG I'm sure, Many stores sell budget new TV's. Yours is also a smart HDR TV so your going to pay more.
    I've heard that exact thing about "stereo TV". Then it came back as "3d TV". And now it's dead. It's still pretty much a guesswork.

I listed literally cheapest 4k TV on 3 retailers here and all of them showed me that one as the cheapest.

Again, you can go out of your way and accept deals or buy used one, but that doesn't change much.

And yeah, data plan. I have very cheap and generous data plan and even that won't support using Stadia for more than 12 hours per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No, it is, because it's literally a lie, because you still need hardware and data plan on top of the subscription.
    By ur logic all advertisement is a lie then because all advertisement requires you to do or buy something. This is a really weak ass argument, Once again 4K TV's are common and cheap.

Over 31% of US households have a 4K TV, I'm sure you can find stats for other country's as well
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...d-penetration/

Wow, now all you have to do to use Stadia is just move to USA and buy cheapest 4k TV then on top of "just subscription"
    Not my fault you don't know how to shop around for a cheaper TV or that your country charges a lot for them.

Again, you can go out of your way and accept deals or buy used one, but that doesn't change much.
    What I showed you wasn't a deal or used.

And yeah, data plan. I have very cheap and generous data plan and even that won't support using Stadia for more than 12 hours per month.
    And that still doesn't make their advertisement wrong. You being on a shitty plan (by ur choice or not) isn't on them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    By ur logic all advertisement is a lie then because all advertisement requires you to do or buy something.
    No, that's your logic, i don't understand how you even came up to this conclusion from reading my post. A lie is a lie, "just subscribe to them for 10$ and get full 4k60fps" is a lie, because you won't get "full 4k60fps" by just paying for subscription, you also need a data plan that supports such data traffic and a proper hardware that supports 4k at 60 fps.

You really have to have your brains wired in a certain way to not see how advertisements are lying to you just to get your attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No, that's your logic, i don't understand how you even came up to this conclusion from reading my post. A lie is a lie, "just subscribe to them for 10$ and get full 4k60fps" is a lie, because you won't get "full 4k60fps" by just paying for subscription, you also need a data plan that supports such data traffic and a proper hardware that supports 4k at 60 fps.
    And guess what many people have the data plan and hardware that supports it. Just because you don't that doesn't make it a lie.

They are correct if you pay 10$ you "CAN" get 4K60FPS. They shouldn't need a big ass red banner saying 'BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THIS AS WELL" to hold your hand.

Your or someone ignorance isn't for them to correct, use common sense. If your TV is a 1080p TV then you are clearly not going to get 4K.

So no once again they are not lying, Your just pissy they won't hand hold ignorance.

What a load of wank. You have to buy the games AND pay the subscription if you want 4K. With that in mind, why not just buy the game and cut out the crappy streaming? Fuck streaming games and fuck Google.

5+ Year Old Account
    And guess what many people have the data plan and hardware that supports it. Just because you don't that doesn't make it a lie.

They are correct if you pay 10$ you "CAN" get 4K60FPS. They shouldn't need a big ass red banner saying 'BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THIS AS WELL" to hold your hand.

Your or someone ignorance isn't for them to correct, use common sense. If your TV is a 1080p TV then you are clearly not going to get 4K.

So no once again they are not lying, Your just pissy they won't hand hold ignorance.
    The people that this is for are likely dumb enough not to know their data cap would be reached within an hour. So not only are you paying $10 for this 4k service but $10 for ever 50GB you consume past your data cap. Lets be real here, they are aiming at idiots with Stadia and those idiots know even less about their data plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    The people that this is for are likely dumb enough not to know their data cap would be reached within an hour. So not only are you paying $10 for this 4k service but $10 for ever 50GB you consume past your data cap. Lets be real here, they are aiming at idiots with Stadia and those idiots know even less about their data plan.
    It's nice that has never been any data caps in Finland - or afaik the whole Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's nice that has never been any data caps in Finland - or afaik the whole Europe.
    Here there's no limit on cabled, every mobile plan has a limit (biggest ones have 50GB and it's still too low).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Here there's no limit on cabled, every mobile plan has a limit (biggest ones have 50GB and it's still too low).
    We have unlimited mobile plans as well. \o/

(there are limited mobile plans available though)

PS. I just bought a new phone yesterday and got a new plan for it, 50mbit 4g without data caps and unlimited calls/text. 19,90e per month - rises to 29e per month after 12months, but I can obviously change my plan/ISP at that point if I can find a better option. It was a bargain deal for me from the ISP I bought the phone from.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-06-07 at 01:12 PM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Google if you want customers to buy into your platform you are going to need to make a few big AAA games free for everyone, you need a sign of good faith if you expect us to even consider your service. You are one of the richest companies in the world I am sure you can foot the bill so that people can actually try your service. If you don't you will fail to grab any of the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    We have unlimited mobile plans as well. \o/

(there are limited mobile plans available though)

PS. I just bought a new phone yesterday and got a new plan for it, 50mbit 4g without data caps and unlimited calls/text. 19,90e per month - rises to 29e per month after 12months, but I can obviously change my plan/ISP at that point if I can find a better option. It was a bargain deal for me from the ISP I bought the phone from.
    In Canada there are no unlimited plans for phones. Average is like 80 a month and you get 1-5gig max.

Really dig this idea and product. For years, I felt cloud gaming and "box-less" consoles should be the move of the future.

Will be pre-ordering Stadia when I get home. Hopefully, cross-saves will be available for titles like Baldur's Gate. Would really dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really dig this idea and product. For years, I felt cloud gaming and "box-less" consoles should be the move of the future.

Will be pre-ordering Stadia when I get home. Hopefully, cross-saves will be available for titles like Baldur's Gate. Would really dig that.
    I also expect this to become the norm over time. If they keep making games better and better but also more "power hungry" then mainaining a pc at home may become troublesome; consoles are already starting this first being mostly digital and now with streaming services.

It has all to do with the data transfers globally ballooning recently and nothing to do with players and their comfort. Given how fast connections are (slowly) becoming and how content is more and more heavy, downloading a full game is starting to become a problem with standard connections. A streaming service means you use data little by little and only when you actually need it instead of downloading hundreds of GB of data every time (and a lot of the time for nothing).

The only "problem" is that actual fluid gaming requires a lot of bandwidth and a stable connection that many people simply don't have. People who are far from the most crowded areas will be left out as always because there's no investment in infrastructure when there's not enough return.

We'll see what the future will be.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

This would be different if Google partnered with Steam with this. Google does have a habit of abandon things. So if they partnered with Steam, people wouldn't have to worry about losing money and access to the games they buy through Google. Nvidia has tried this before and it failed. Failed so hard that they rebrand the service.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Being a marketleader doesn't mean you're the only game in town... Sony was at approximately $17.3b in gaming revenue last year. Microsoft 10.8, Nintendo 9.2.
    Then you throw in PC ~ $34b... And they're still less than mobile gaming.

Sony may be large in the console space, 50%, but that's still only between 6-11% of the gaming market as a whole.

Basically everyone and their mother is getting into the streaming game, someone will solve the pricing and technology equation... It just probably won't be Stadia.

Edit - I'm also seeing some things online that there may be a free/very low cost xCloud tier, but we'll see that on Sunday. That would truly eat Stadia's lunch.
    I think once 5g rollout is more global things like the stadia and streaming services like it probably will be one of the ways of the future. Easier to upgrade gen's in the background without having to have big buy in by the consumer to lower a hurdle to improving. With 5g latency and bandwidth should be more available at usable speeds for this kind of functionality. I still see some of the complaints being who at this moment has that fast of a connection with no data caps that does not have a better platform to play these things than streaming with extra latency.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think once 5g rollout is more global things like the stadia and streaming services like it probably will be one of the ways of the future. Easier to upgrade gen's in the background without having to have big buy in by the consumer to lower a hurdle to improving. With 5g latency and bandwidth should be more available at usable speeds for this kind of functionality. I still see some of the complaints being who at this moment has that fast of a connection with no data caps that does not have a better platform to play these things than streaming with extra latency.
    What's to stop someone from using another service with a better library and better pricing? Even if they nail the technology the pricing structure is way out of line to what's expected by a service like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    We have 5g in portland and it isnt much better, especially if theres still a lot of congestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We have 5g in portland and it isnt much better, especially if theres still a lot of congestion.
    The USA only have fake 5G. You don't even have decent LTE compared to South Korea or other Asian countries.

Let's just face it, Stadia is not for the average American customer.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    The USA only have fake 5G. You don't even have decent LTE compared to South Korea or other Asian countries.

Yeah... Portland does not have 5G yet. It has 5GE... Which is ATT trying to pull the wool over your eyes.
    https://www.cellularmaps.com/5g-coverage.shtml

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post

Well thats stupid but alright