10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting development. Philly locks up their guy, ahead of some of the guys like Dak etc. that might have driven his price up.
    Hopefully the Goff contract will be similar.
    /s

4 year $128 mill, $107 mill guaranteed extension is a pretty good reward for getting hurt 3 of his last 4 years including college.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he gets back to being the guy he was before the ACL and the Back this is going to look like a bargain in 4 years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    As per usual, the gaudy Superbowl Ring:

Link to more pics: https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1136820206930726912

10+ Year Old Account
    Texans have fired their GM.
    https://twitter.com/TexansPR/status/1137105471473692673

- - - Updated - - -

So now that I'm back at my keyboard can I just say I have no idea what the hell the Texans are doing here. And from the sounds of things, nobody knows. Even Ian is only able to say that the Texans decided he wasn't good enough.

Feels like a team that could collapse hard this season. Especially if the new GM wants 'his guy' at head coach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Texans have fired their GM.
    https://twitter.com/TexansPR/status/1137105471473692673

- - - Updated - - -

So now that I'm back at my keyboard can I just say I have no idea what the hell the Texans are doing here. And from the sounds of things, nobody knows. Even Ian is only able to say that the Texans decided he wasn't good enough.

Feels like a team that could collapse hard this season. Especially if the new GM wants 'his guy' at head coach.
    I'm at a loss too. Team went 11-5 and he had a decent draft class last year, without a first or 2nd round pick and nobody knows yet about this draft class. Weird to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty ownership didn't die with Bob.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at a loss too. Team went 11-5 and he had a decent draft class last year, without a first or 2nd round pick and nobody knows yet about this draft class. Weird to say the least.
    Almost like the guy got canned because the Eagles traded up ahead of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jets announced Joe Douglas is their new GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Jets announced Joe Douglas is their new GM.
    The irony is that was the immediate name everyone was jumping to after the Texans fired Gaine. Leapfrogged again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony is that was the immediate name everyone was jumping to after the Texans fired Gaine. Leapfrogged again.
    No. The immediate name everyone was jumping to was Nick Caserio. Texans first choice when they hired Gaine, but weren't allowed to interview by the Patriots.

Nick Caserio is mentioned again, but I doubt he jumps ship. He has everything he wants in NE except the official title of GM. He's allowed to do GM duties, help with the gameplan, coach during training sessions and even on occasion participate in drills. Other teams would try to box him in, at the price of a title (which means jack squat).

I know many NE coaches and front office personnel have jumped ship in recent years but I think Caserio is part of the core that sticks around.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The immediate name everyone was jumping to was Nick Caserio. Texans first choice when they hired Gaine, but weren't allowed to interview by the Patriots.

Nick Caserio is mentioned again, but I doubt he jumps ship. He has everything he wants in NE except the official title of GM. He's allowed to do GM duties, help with the gameplan, coach during training sessions and even on occasion participate in drills. Other teams would try to box him in, at the price of a title (which means jack squat).

I know many NE coaches and front office personnel have jumped ship in recent years but I think Caserio is part of the core that sticks around.
    I think he sticks in NE on the same "deal" that keeps McDanials there.

Another year or two and it's the Caserio-McDanials show.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he sticks in NE on the same "deal" that keeps McDanials there.

Another year or two and it's the Caserio-McDanials show.
    Certainly possible. Both are about 25 years younger than BB and have the chance to be the main guy when BB retires. Question is that might be 2 years, but it might be 10 years too or even more. Is it worth spending your professional prime in BB's shadow? That's the question they have to ask themselves. No one knows their answer but them.

With the Texans job in particular, you know you step into a situation with a franchise QB and some good pieces and that people in Texas LOVE their football. Easy to be swayed by a step up in responsibility and to be your own guy.

I don't think it's enough, but you never know.

I don't think BB is sticking around much longer than Brady. What, he wants to prove he's better than just having a HoF QB? He made Brady, I think everyone knows that.

Plus, when McDaniels did his shady thing where he backed out of the Colts job, the implication was that BB discussed with him that it'd be his team. I imagine that'd be sooner, not later, otherwise McDaniels could go, coach for a few years in Indy, come back to NE.

15+ Year Old Account
    IDK why anyone would pass on another HC job to take over the Patriots after Brady/Belichick leave, especially one with a (still?) quality QB like Luck. McDaniels would get some leeway from Kraft for loyalty, but lose enough and you're still gone, just half a season later than normal. The franchise is going to be a gaping hole once brady and bill move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty reasonable 3 year $52.5 million deal for Cam Jordan when other players are getting $20+ mil annually. Up next is the extension for Thomas.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Who would't want to see all those heads butt. And AB after the trade drama? Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first year in LA didn't work, so they're gonna try the last year in Oakland instead! I am surprised the NFL managed to resist the allure of Los Vegas next year for Hard Knocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something cool and interesting. The Hall of Fame is moving towards having a special 100th year anniversary class of forgotten and overlooked players: https://footballmaven.io/talkoffame/...kSTuWSU3HEbwg/

It's a shame that quite a lot of these people are long dead, but it's at least a testament to their existence and the legacy of the game.