Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You barely even have to make use of the buff on Cabal anymore. Just keep it through the first 2 Crushing Doubts with raid CDs/personals, then after that you can pretty much dispel it any time anything dangerous is about to happen.
    And (double) Rapture + Barrier (normal or talented) is still the best raid cd to keep people with 30k hitpoints alive against 120k burst damage. It's like they completely forgot what absorb stacking can do and how many specs can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    if your guild is pushing for mythic uu'nat, you better pray your raiders don't burn out before azshara is over. more pulls in CoS than needed to clear all of BoD, within 2 months of a new tier? people need breaks from the game, and unless you're day raiding or on a 5 day prog schedule, you won't get one longer than 1-3 weeks, which is ridiculous
    Wtf many 3 and 4 day guilds have been done with M CoS for weeks now and many more weeks to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    And (double) Rapture + Barrier (normal or talented) is still the best raid cd to keep people with 30k hitpoints alive against 120k burst damage. It's like they completely forgot what absorb stacking can do and how many specs can use it.
    The entire point of the encounter was to figure out how to maximize the uptime of the damage buff. It's not a "bug" or "cheese", it's designed to be played around.

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    The entire point of the encounter was to figure out how to maximize the uptime of the damage buff. It's not a "bug" or "cheese", it's designed to be played around.
    Until they nerfed it and now the point is to figure out how to avoid getting it after the first set of relics, because the enrage is a meme and the debuff just risks killing you.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    AOTC CoS was much easier than TOV imo, but BUT CE is on a whole different level

Kind of feel bad for people who ALWAYS get CE not being able to get it this time

Maybe Blizz will change it to be like TOV where you could get AOTC after the next raid came out because it was so overtunes+wasn't given enough time before the next tier came out. Plus not to mention the time of year, and the gear it gives is... wellllllllll haha not so hot

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    Wtf many 3 and 4 day guilds have been done with M CoS for weeks now and many more weeks to come.

- - - Updated - - -

85 Guilds on WoWprogress cleared CoS

"many"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post

"many"
    The logic is "I can't count them on my fingers = many."

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post

"many"
    Not even that but how many of those 85 do you think are 3 day guilds? Probably none, maybe 1. Definitely not many “3-4 day guilds” have been done with CoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not even that but how many of those 85 do you think are 3 day guilds? Probably none, maybe 1. Definitely not many “3-4 day guilds” have been done with CoS.
    Group Therapy, Myst, The unnamed, and Security, just to name the ones I know personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Group Therapy, Myst, The unnamed, and Security, just to name the ones I know personally.
    All of them are strictly 3 day? No extra hours for CoS? Im not sure id believe a majority of the top 50 or so is 3 day. Unless they raid longer than 3 hours a night, I guess I should’ve specified that. When I said 3 day I meant your typical 3 day 9 hour, I know a lot do 3 day 12 hours. I’ll restate what I meant: I don’t think there’s many if any 9 hour guilds in that 85. I know quite a few good guilds that are 9 hr and not done with Uunat yet. Regardless I should’ve specified that, my b.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    How does everybody feel about cutting edge/aotc being removed for CoS relatively sooner than it did for ToV? The two boss raid has been out for over two months now so we couldn't really expect it to stay around for too much longer.
    Because it is a second tier raid for the expansion and the third tier is coming. Plus it's only 2 boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    The trinket; its basically for fire mages only, and since fire is practically unusable on most raid encounters it means the trinket is relegated to open world play.
    I use it just fine as affliction lock.
    Major cast is such a short cast time anyway that as long as you pay attention to the procs, you can easily dodge it.

Otherwise, use the movement time to reapply your dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I use it just fine as affliction lock.
    Major cast is such a short cast time anyway that as long as you pay attention to the procs, you can easily dodge it.

Otherwise, use the movement time to reapply your dots.
    You realize that trinket can go off 2-3x in the opener, delaying your opener, causing you to miss glare on a UA or PS, right?

That isn't even getting into fights like stormwall, p1 jaina, or any other fight with multiple targets around you which causes the balls to fly from all over the place.

I am having my doubts you're playing with the trinket "just fine" because I also tried to play with it, and had to take it off after realizing it was hurting my parses sometimes based on the movement in the opener alone.

Even when I didn't get silenced it just felt bad. There's a reason you don't really see that trinket on the top parses.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    You realize that trinket can go off 2-3x in the opener, delaying your opener, causing you to miss glare on a UA or PS, right?

That isn't even getting into fights like stormwall, p1 jaina, or any other fight with multiple targets around you which causes the balls to fly from all over the place.

I am having my doubts you're playing with the trinket "just fine" because I also tried to play with it, and had to take it off after realizing it was hurting my parses sometimes based on the movement in the opener alone.

Even when I didn't get silenced it just felt bad. There's a reason you don't really see that trinket on the top parses.
    I'm honestly a bit confused on how to respond to this.

Like... Yes, I use the trinket.
    obviously I know it can proc during the opener.

It's also not THAT common for it to proc that fast, and on top of that if you place yourself right you can outrange the first few procs as the tank repositions.

I'd deal with a trinket that screws up my own misplays than the opu trinket which relies on others not screwing you up, or becomes literally useless during stack phases.

I'm honestly a bit confused on how to respond to this.

Like... Yes, I use the trinket.
    obviously I know it can proc during the opener.

It's also not THAT common for it to proc that fast, and on top of that if you place yourself right you can outrange the first few procs as the tank repositions.

I'd deal with a trinket that screws up my own misplays than the opu trinket which relies on others not screwing you up, or becomes literally useless during stack phases.
    Can you link me your warcraft logs page for me? DM it rather than post it here.

Mainly because, much like the opulence trinket, will is questionable during stack fights too.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-06-08 at 11:12 PM.

Can you link me your warcraft logs page for me?
    Uh, no?

I never said it was the best for parsing.
    Nor do I chase parses.

Just that it is a functional trinket outside of fire mage.
    Is there better, sure.
    But it still works, and it's still strong

Uh, no?

I never said it was the best for parsing.
    Nor do I chase parses.

Just that it is a functional trinket outside of fire mage.
    Is there better, sure.
    But it still works, and it's still strong

That's exactly what I thought. I'm also confused as to how one "chases parses" as an aff warlock. You just get them if you play the spec correctly.

I've never had to put any "effort" into it really. Outside of like very specific fights (mythic jaina, leaving the water ele alive for example.)

The reason your comment was weird is that people here are discussing these items from a competitive point of view. The trinket is strong, it's still not good enough to justify running mythic CoS, which is the point.

The argument was never that the items are completely unusable, just not that good. You coming here and trying to explain how the trinket is totally fine or whatever, just doesn't make sense.

That trinket screws you over at a high enough rate to where you should probably avoid using it. You might not see it screwing you over because you seemingly don't care about performance, but it's doing it.

People don't want to feel burdened after looting an item. And that's what the COS trinket is, a burden to play with.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-06-08 at 11:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont use that shit trinket even as fire. I dont care about rankings if im just going to get a headache and i have a 99 on grong and a 96 (used to be 100) on ramaladingdong

Player engagement with this raid appears to be disastrously low.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

That's exactly what I thought. I'm also confused as to how one "chases parses" as an aff warlock. You just get them if you play the spec correctly.

I've never had to put any "effort" into it really. Outside of like very specific fights (mythic jaina, leaving the water ele alive for example.)

The reason your comment was weird is that people here are discussing these items from a competitive point of view. The trinket is strong, it's still not good enough to justify running mythic CoS, which is the point.

The argument was never that the items are completely unusable, just not that good. You coming here and trying to explain how the trinket is totally fine or whatever, just doesn't make sense.

That trinket screws you over at a high enough rate to where you should probably avoid using it. You might not see it screwing you over because you seemingly don't care about performance, but it's doing it.

People don't want to feel burdened after looting an item. And that's what the COS trinket is, a burden to play with.
    It was claimed it's only good for fire mage, which is false.

If you're missing my point, that's on you and not me. You even said that the trinket is strong, but it's not the best.

That's... kinda my point. It's still worth using, but of course there's better.

Also that's not how parses work if you think you just "get them" by playing the class, since by that logic there would be no parses at all or any point to them, since all DPS would be equal if that's how it worked. Even if every warlock did 27-28k on a fight, congrats, doing 27.5k is now a 50th parse.

It was claimed it's only good for fire mage, which is false.

If you're missing my point, that's on you and not me. You even said that the trinket is strong, but it's not the best.

That's... kinda my point. It's still worth using, but of course there's better.

Also that's not how parses work if you think you just "get them" by playing the class, since by that logic there would be no parses at all or any point to them, since all DPS would be equal if that's how it worked. Even if every warlock did 27-28k on a fight, congrats, doing 27.5k is now a 50th parse.
    I didn't say everyone got them, I said you get them if you play the spec correctly. Obviously many don't.