Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    It's really fucking mindblowing how people only want humans as the protagonists in a spacefaring IP with tons of races that can be easily placed into the story if not adding more by showing their culture in a new light. Missed opportunities all around.
    The reason is fairly simple. A human is a very solid middle ground. The weird alien shit usually has very little common ground across your target audience (if you decide to pick one race only), because for everyone that adores the butt-ugly fish race of admiral ackbar, 10 people wouldn't want to run around as the hideous fish monster for more than 2 seconds. Personally I absolutely can't stand the aliens with the fat-flaps/tentacles on their head like Ahsoka and rather play a boring-ass human than someone elses feish dream.

That they can't add 2 voice actors and a rudimentary character creator in a game in 2019 with the budget of a star wars game is another issue entirely. That part is just sad, since I doubt the character we will be getting here will have enough deph to warrant just be that character.

As for the trailer: It was a gameplay and skill showcase. I think it gave enough context to see what they are going for. Not sure why some people seem to lose their shit over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Thanks guys. Unfortunate (for me at least), but I never got my hopes up thankfully.
    I think the closest to an RPG it could get would be something like jedi knight (iirc) where you could make some builds depending on your taste and did a little bit of light talking with NPCs here and there, but certainly not a kotor.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    The protagonist does have lore. Race is such a small part that it is barely noticeable. I am getting a whole "needs more diversity" aspect from your comments.
    Diversity because I want them to use other races? While having humans as an options. I want it to work like wow with each race having pros and cons to support certain play style but ok buddy. Customization isn't small and adds replayability.

I'm not saying this game can't be good but it could be better. We never get to play as the millions of aliens in the universe.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-06-09 at 05:36 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Your arrogance just blinds you. You have no idea what the finalization of the game will be like. So do not be to quick to judge and make yourself a fool.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright than do not play it. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Know what the term alpha means for games by any chance. Play it when it’s fully released not by some snippet of gameplay. Be your own reviewer not some drone who follows others. Game comes out in 6months plenty of time to polish, adjust and create better gameplay.
    You always ask yourself "who is still actually falling for the EA marketing ruses and absolutely refuse to learn from history?" everytime something like Battlefield 2 or Anthem comes out but then you see posts like this. Holy shit.

Know what the term alpha means for games by any chance. Play it when it’s fully released not by some snippet of gameplay. Be your own reviewer not some drone who follows others. Game comes out in 6months plenty of time to polish, adjust and create better gameplay.
    Yes I know exactly what Alpha means and this wasn't a Alpha, It was a dam demo. No 6 months is not plenty of time to create better Gameplay. You clearly know ZERO about game development. The last 6 months is just bug fix's and stat tweaks fallowed by shipping it out.

This is a finished product and how many times do people like you have to be burned by a company before you realize that?

FYI games have stages of development....

Concept,Alpha,Beta,Release, This was far from a Alpha.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The reason is fairly simple. A human is a very solid middle ground. The weird alien shit usually has very little common ground across your target audience (if you decide to pick one race only), because for everyone that adores the butt-ugly fish race of admiral ackbar, 10 people wouldn't want to run around as the hideous fish monster for more than 2 seconds. Personally I absolutely can't stand the aliens with the fat-flaps/tentacles on their head like Ahsoka and rather play a boring-ass human than someone elses feish dream.

That they can't add 2 voice actors and a rudimentary character creator in a game in 2019 with the budget of a star wars game is another issue entirely. That part is just sad, since I doubt the character we will be getting here will have enough deph to warrant just be that character.

As for the trailer: It was a gameplay and skill showcase. I think it gave enough context to see what they are going for. Not sure why some people seem to lose their shit over it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the closest to an RPG it could get would be something like jedi knight (iirc) where you could make some builds depending on your taste and did a little bit of light talking with NPCs here and there, but certainly not a kotor.
    The gameplay is actually what I expected and thats good enough from what i've seen thus far. My only problem is the lack of character creation choice. If you're gonna have a basic ass backstory, atleast let us choose how they look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one sick of the rebels? Every game and TV show is about them. It gets boring as fuck. When the first trailer for Battlefront 2 came out i was hyped just because we would be playing as the imps. Turns out we played as imps for 10 minutes then we joined the rebels and it went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    The gameplay is actually what I expected and thats good enough from what i've seen thus far. My only problem is the lack of character creation choice. If you're gonna have a basic ass backstory, atleast let us choose how they look.
    Yeah.. by this point I pretty much expect there to be some kind of basic character creation toolkit for every engine. When even cheap mass produced asian grind mmorpgs have it, then there is zero reason why a AAA game shouldn't have a it in such games. Though I guess there is kind of a tech reason. When they unveiled the character they also had an actor for mo-cap, they probably think slightly better factial animations are more important than customization. After the ME:Andromeda debacle that is probably somewhat justified, but still..

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes I know exactly what Alpha means and this wasn't a Alpha, It was a dam demo. No 6 months is not plenty of time to create better Gameplay. You clearly know ZERO about game development. The last 6 months is just bug fix's and stat tweaks fallowed by shipping it out.

This is a finished product and how many times do people like you have to be burned by a company before you realize that?

FYI games have stages of development....

Concept,Alpha,Beta,Release, This was far from a Alpha.
    No clearly do not know what alpha means. 6months is still plenty of time to polish and update the game. It said right at th start ALPHA GAME FOOTAGE. Looked closely you can see how some of the graphics still need to be tweaked. Not difficult for someone such as you to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Am i the only one sick of the rebels? Every game and TV show is about them. It gets boring as fuck. When the first trailer for Battlefront 2 came out i was hyped just because we would be playing as the imps. Turns out we played as imps for 10 minutes then we joined the rebels and it went to shit.
    Pretty sure at this point in time playing space nazis is pretty low on most AAA devs/publisher's list... At best you could hope for is independent 3rd party like some smugglers or unaffiliated planet lords.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-06-09 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You always ask yourself "who is still actually falling for the EA marketing ruses and absolutely refuse to learn from history?" everytime something like Battlefield 2 or Anthem comes out but then you see posts like this. Holy shit.
    Blaming EA I’m looking at the company MAKING the game which is respawn. Similar to how Battlefront 2 went out and how dice has improved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    i'm sick of the movie era in general.

i don't care if it's the old republic, or many many years after the movie era, i just want away from skywalkers, empires, and all that shit. unless it's cade skywalker made canon, i want the druggie grey jedi very badly.

Looked good enough for me to pre-order. I trust Respawn, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

It said right at th start ALPHA GAME FOOTAGE.
    I don't give a fuck what it said, They could have called it fluffy fucken clouds if they wanted.

THIS WAS NOT A ALPHA.

You must be ether very ignorant or young to think this was a Alpha. Sorry I grew up in a time where words did mean things and not the AAA Company PR bullshit that gets spewed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a fuck what it said, They could have called it fluffy fucken clouds if they wanted.

THIS WAS NOT A ALPHA.

You must be ether very ignorant or young to think this was a Alpha. Sorry I grew up in a time where words did mean things and not the AAA Company PR bullshit that gets spewed.
    To be honest the combat designer just said that they made a breakthrough in the design recently that will give players more choice, which sounds to me like the game is still very much in an alpha state and probably needs to be delayed.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    To be honest the combat designer just said that they made a breakthrough in the design recently that will give players more choice, which sounds to me like the game is still very much in an alpha state and probably needs to be delayed.
    It needs to be delayed, as well as be an M rated game. I want to see arms and shit when I slice someone with a lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Unless it gets delayed barely/if anything will change from what we have seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I want to know who those test group people were who said that was the best idea for the protagonist.
    Worth noting: In most MMOs where you can pick race, human is still usually the most popular, often overwhelmingly.

For instance, in Swtor, I believe the player base is something stupid like 50% human/Cyborg.

in WoW? Alliance side is ~15% human, the most popular race. second? Night elf. The most human looking of the other races. Most popular horde race? Blood Elf.

Are you beginning to see the pattern?

While certain sections of the gaming public may be very vocal about not wanting a human lead in Fallen Order... The numbers don't lie. a Human lead is by FAR the safest choice, seeing as even when the general public are given a chance to play as an alien, they mostly choose NOT to.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Worth noting: In most MMOs where you can pick race, human is still usually the most popular, often overwhelmingly.

For instance, in Swtor, I believe the player base is something stupid like 50% human/Cyborg.

in WoW? Alliance side is ~15% human, the most popular race. second? Night elf. The most human looking of the other races. Most popular horde race? Blood Elf.

Are you beginning to see the pattern?

While certain sections of the gaming public may be very vocal about not wanting a human lead in Fallen Order... The numbers don't lie. a Human lead is by FAR the safest choice, seeing as even when the general public are given a chance to play as an alien, they mostly choose NOT to.
    something to point out. there are only 3 races available to f2p players in swtor, and one of them is zabrak that comes with much fewer costumizations that even baseline human/cyborg design options, so.... I wouldn't look at those numbers as gospel given the context.

another interesting thing. in Mass effect - players have multiple human options as possible romances for both male and female shepards. most popular romance options? Garrus and Tali, who are both pretty darn alien, with weird feet and all and you can't even see Tali's face (she was the most popular option in ME2, long before that half assed face reveal) also something to conciser.

those WoW statistics may also have something to with animations, character size and general attractiveness. as far as I know quite a few people play female Draenei. male draenei? not so much.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-06-10 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    those WoW statistics may also have something to with animations, character size and general attractiveness. as far as I know quite a few people play female Draenei. male draenei? not so much.
    Ah yeah. I'd forgotten how fucking horrible the F2P is on Swtor... Would be interesting to see a breakdown of played races amongst sub players only. Not sure that's possible, though.

I know the Draenei female wiggle casting has a lot of fans . They still only make up 5% of the players though, a full 66% less than Humans do. And that's the most popular of the "Alien" looking races.

And your point about the romance options has little to do with this, tbh... Since that's not who people are choosing to play as, but who to *cough* play WITH. Also, and I cannot stress this enough. Tali fans are fucking WIERD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

THIS WAS NOT A ALPHA.

Oh it wasn't an alpha even though it said "Alpha game footage". Didn't know you were working at Respawn and is currently working on this game... oh wait you're not. Just a person who is flipping shit cause it doesn't look to his expectations. You're basing your accusations on of 10mins of game play. Like the equivalent of playing any game in it's beta/alpha stage and complaining that this isn't what you were promised. Wait till it gets fully released in November than review it were it becomes updated not this spew of garbage cause you're not getting your way.