Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the fact that I would've had to run these trash infested, timed, boring ass trashfests called mythics+ was the main reason I refrained from getting back into raiding again, having to actually waste my time on them to gear.

They should drop lower gearlvl than raids yes, that's the whole point of raiding. Heck, even "Forcing" people into extra 10mans in WotLK was better design than having raiders or aspiring raiders having to do something else entirely which they might actually hate to do, aka mythic+. Mythic+ is so far away from typical raiding that is should truly be a seperate path to gear, distanced from raiding like PVP is, not be a supplement to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    yes and that on the ptr nothing would change. BUT IT DOES.
    Except m+ has been capped every patch until a few weeks in.

So it doesn't

Always unfortunate to see easier content reward so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    Current PTR,
    http://prntscr.com/nzoclv

/thread

GEAR IS CAPPED IN THE FIRST WEEK, STOP BEING NAIVE.
    Exactly, 440 chest, as everyone should have expected.

And even if the drop ilevel of 420 IS intended and not actually capped? Well, fucking good. Titanforging allows people to spam M+ and get gear that is better or equivalent to mythic raiding in a far shorter time frame anyway.

Hell, make it go to 430+ at the highest level keys if needs be, but don't tell me that an aoefest, stealth/invis/death skip dungeon is more difficult that a mythic raid encounter and deserving of the same loot.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-06-09 at 09:32 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by thedoom View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=SDsZKDwL1ho

Thanks to all these selfish, arrogant raiders who kept complaining to blizzard that Mythic+ dropped good gear.

This game is soo garbage now, if you don't run raids then there is 0 content left. It's time to unsub until Classic WoW.
    Ahh yes, vanilla where the non raid end game content was plentiful....you could...err..pvp?

Less free loot to noobs is ALWAYS a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Actually, the fact that I would've had to run these trash infested, timed, boring ass trashfests called mythics+ was the main reason I refrained from getting back into raiding again, having to actually waste my time on them to gear.

They should drop lower gearlvl than raids yes, that's the whole point of raiding. Heck, even "Forcing" people into extra 10mans in WotLK was better design than having raiders or aspiring raiders having to do something else entirely which they might actually hate to do, aka mythic+. Mythic+ is so far away from typical raiding that is should truly be a seperate path to gear, distanced from raiding like PVP is, not be a supplement to raid.
    Changing it won't stop people who want to raid from raiding and people who want to do M+ from doing that. Why have an actual sense of gear progression and a sense of reward when it doesn't fit your bottom line? Everything in WoW is just a number and how to retain it, it has nothing to do with caring about the players - they are the number. One of many reasons why people are seeing the draw of Classic WoW, a game about the journey and the player and the rewarding nature of it.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Thanks to all these selfish, arrogant raiders who kept complaining to blizzard that Mythic+ dropped good gear.

This game is soo garbage now, if you don't run raids then there is 0 content left. It's time to unsub until Classic WoW.
    So there is no content because you can't get gear equivalent to mythic raiding gear?

Person sees thing it dislikes. Person doesn't apply logic to figure out if they are right or wrong. Person proceeds to bitch and moan on forum.

MMOC 101

As a casual who doesnt raid im ok with it ! im going to do a +10 every week (like now i do +9 +8 and nothing more) and get my gear,its not like i raid so i will need it >.< i dont get people whinning about the rewards :/ what are you gonna do with those items if you dont use them :/ im ok with the rewards as it is sorry .

I understand why they are doing it. Raiding is dying and needs help.

But this is the most half assed way of doing it.

Even if they do this, i'm not sure i can be bothered to dedicate several hours in multiple evening to it again. Not without proper rewards, instead of simply have drops that are 10 ilvls up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Less free loot to noobs is ALWAYS a good thing.
    So how else would you keep “noobs” in game since they pay the bills?

getting heroic gear for 5 man content is still stupid. good move, but they should really just go back to cosmetic rewards only. raiding should be where the good pve comes from. its funny that you are bitching about this, then say youre waiting for classic. you know that other than hardcore no life farming pvp, the ONLY way to get decent gear in classic is raiding, right?

Raiding can fucking die already, I had more fun in M+ than the dumpster fire of what BFA had to offer in raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You can do PvP today if you don't raid...and yeah...while I did raid and had maxed professions on my main, crafting and 5 mans would never have been a satisfying substitute to raiding. Not even remotely filling up the time.

And if that 5 man gear truly was so OP back then, why are we having a discussion again and again how gear outside raiding TODAY is too OP? Because a 5 man in Classic took longer than a mythic+ today?
    Because people forget shit.

BiS helm for DPS warriors for all of vanilla was crafted. Some trinkets (like hand of justice) were BiS for a long time into BWL and beyond, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    yes, or stop complaining and do what you prefer
    Where did you find my complain?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it's all just drama because it always works this way and there isn't any actual change? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Exactly, 440 chest, as everyone should have expected.

And even if the drop ilevel of 420 IS intended and not actually capped? Well, fucking good. Titanforging allows people to spam M+ and get gear that is better or equivalent to mythic raiding in a far shorter time frame anyway.
    When is this myth going to die? The highest ilevel players are all Mythic raiders. Plebs don't have equal or better gear save maybe a slot or two each tier. IF that.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

My guess (hope?) is that this is the pre-mythic-raid values and that the PTR simply didn't adjust. M+ is usually upgraded in two phases, with the final ilvl only becoming available once the mythic version of the raid opens.

Right now, the +10 chest drops lower ilvl than mythic, but more than heroic; I think that's a good spot for M+ to be in, to offer both incentives and rewards, and to not obselete raiding entirely. Here's hoping they will continue in that spirit.

This is a major element that drove me away from the game: The emphasis on the logistical difficulty of (non-mythic) raids yielding better rewards than difficulty based on personal skill (in 5-man content).

Blocking character progress behind having to join organized raids in multi-hour blocks killed the game for me. The time for that is long gone for me. And I'm not the only one. Raid-or-die mentality killed Wildstar, was a big part of making WoD unpopular and creates unhealthy divides among the playerbase.

Raiding is only more difficult at the very cutting edge. Anything below that is about time investment. Some actually believe this is actual skill and/or more deserving of rewards than 5-man content. But many are just bitter about raiding not being as popular as it once was. I can understand why some players want raiding to be the core pillar of progression. Because raiding depends on having a large pool of players willing to play on a schedule. If rewards and progress are available without playing on a schedule - that's what players will target. Even if it's more difficult. Because most players don't like raiding - and many actively despise the logistical part of it.

Finally some raiders are bad or mediocre players with a lot of time on their hands and a high threshold for boredom. Putting progress in difficult non-raid content is a disadvantage to these players, as they don't have the personal skill to maintain the same level progress they could do in a raid-or-die environment. I know that sounds harsh, but I've met such people, so I know they exist. I won't claim they make up all opponents of rewarding and difficult non-raid content, but it's yet another unreasonable argument for anachronistic raid-focus endgame content.
    Last edited by Ungeir; 2019-06-09 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its OK.

They'll flip-flop when Season 3 comes out
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything