10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i get that... but the Israelis (the jews) left that zone in bulk, after the romans conquered it, almost 2000 years ago.
    I can only explain their craziness, I can't make it make sense. XD

The best I can figure is that when the U.N. created the state of Israel people who follow Christianity and Judaism believed they were given back their holy land. I'm sure there's someone on the internet that can explain the history better than I can but what a lot of western believes think is that it's theirs and not the Palestinian's. So when the Palestinians try to get, or keep in most cases, a slice everyone to the west gets up in arms.

It's along the same mentality as considering asylum seekers as "invaders" to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Evangelical Christians believe the Israeli Jews will bring around Armageddon. If the Palestinians control the holy land, that cannot happen.
    I always find that idea hilarious. Like yeah, we need you and your people to control a certain zone in the planet, in order to bring in the end times, but you won't survive those times (and neither will your people). Have fun, and please do it fast!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    I always find that idea hilarious. Like yeah, we need you and your people to control a certain zone in the planet, in order to bring in the end times, but you won't survive those times (and neither will your people). Have fun, and please do it fast!
    It's sad to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Evangelical Christians believe the Israeli Jews will bring around Armageddon. If the Palestinians control the holy land, that cannot happen.
    Don't they need to get all the jews on the planet to go to the holy land? I wonder how they plan on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Don't they need to get all the jews on the planet to go to the holy land? I wonder how they plan on that.
    If it's like most things, whatever their plan is, it'll be half assed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the actual fuck does Trump hates palestinians so much?
    Someone told him they were Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Someone told him they were Muslim.
    Someone has to tell him that there are a crapton of christian palestinians, and in fact, the biggest community of palestinians outside the middle east (here, in Chile) is mostly comprised of christians.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Someone has to tell him that there are a crapton of christian palestinians, and in fact, the biggest community of palestinians outside the middle east (here, in Chile) is mostly comprised of christians.
    But they're brown. Trump would just become confused.

Elaine Chao created a special path for husband Mitch McConnell’s favored projects
    https://t.co/n3eg5KRnsN
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...367128576?s=19

We almost need a McConnell thread for all what he does.

The Transportation Department under Secretary Elaine Chao designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.
    https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...mpression=true

This guy is a dirty PoS. I mean it is right up his ally that he is using this corruption to keep him in office. I guess give him credit that it does not seem for personal financial gain, but to buy voters in Kentucky, so he can continue to destroy America.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-06-10 at 10:27 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...367128576?s=19

We almost need a McConnell thread for all what he does.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...mpression=true

This guy is a dirty PoS. I mean it is right up his ally that he is using this corruption to keep him in office. I guess give him credit that it does not seem for personal financial gain, but to buy voters in Kentucky, so he can continue to wreck America.
    He's trying to bring the rest down to his level.
    Make America Kentucky Again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Built together with USSR. "Modern international order" is as much Soviet creation as it is American. It is why Russia is still there in Security Council with permanent veto.
    Bullshit. Even for you, this is a joke.

The Soviet Union tried to create parallel Soviet-dominated institutions after World War II. An alternative international trade arrangement. Alternative international treaties. Alternative security systems. Alternative systems of international standardization. Alternative systems of cross-border communications (an actual thing in the mid 20th century). Alternative technology. An alternative financial system.

None of it lasted. None of it mattered. And when the Soviet Union ended, the attempts at having a Russia-centric alternative fell with it, and Russia joined an international order America and the West constructed without it.

The United Nations and the UN Security Council that you mention was pretty much the one exception. And while Russia played by some rules in it, it spend much of the Cold War blockading the UN from any type of action, a legacy of the Korean War, the one time it walked out of the room.

But Russia played no role in construction of the modern international financial system. It's technology and standardizations were entirely abandoned. It's trade model vanished and the WTO formed (an outgrowth of American-led globalization) that didn't even have Russia in it until it was mercy ruled in in 2012. Hell it barely participated in the International Court of Justice, which was set up (as part of the UN system) according to Western methods for arbitration.

Really, it might as well have been living on another planet and just landed here in 1992. It was that apart, and didn't build anything.

And it is US that tries to dismantle it lately with continued unilateral actions that US uses their financial power to enforce among "allies".
    Not surprising in the slightest a Russian doesn't know what an ally is. After all, you have none. You only ever have supplicants.

The United States is a legitimate partner and ally to its allies, and because of it's greater power and wealth often acceeds to their demands / needs in order to further that partnership. Since the 1990s, the US more than ever, took a less aggressive approach in pulling the levers of power.

What the US unilateral financial actions represent is more so a reminder that there are some levers only the US can pull and will pull, and that there is a cost - a cost every country that is our ally has deemed well worth paying - to being our ally sometimes. It is not a free lunch, even though it is pretty darn cheap.

You're obviously upset because we target you. Well, how about not giving us a reason to target you?

No, it isn't the world where autocracy will overwhelm liberal democracy. That's bullshit scaremongering on par with "Red Menace".
    It absolutely is. That is Xi Jinping's and Vladimir Putin's global agenda.

You're part and parcel of that system, creating new human right violations and warring on global scale.
    HA! Nothing the United States has ever done can compare to what Russians and Europeans have done in their bloody history. Even to your own people or people you've subjugated. We don't have a Holodomorin our history. We don't have anything nearly approaching that. We don't have what the Red Army did in Berlin after it had taken it, in our history. We don't have industrial death camps like the Germans. We don't have the rolling 300 years of conflict that started with the Thirty Years War and lasted through World War II.

America has committed human rights violations. But it's never killed tens of millions of people. Its never come close to that. Oh and don't try to pin Native American genocide on us. Most of that happened a in the 17th century, long before there was substantial colonization, much less the founding of the US. And most of it happened in Central and South America, that had a far larger population and higher level of development than the US and Canada.

America manages earth, quite frankly, because you people tried for hundreds of years, and couldn't do it without butchering each other.

Not for long.
    Wishful thinking, Russian. I've been hearing "not for long" from your type since the 1990s.

This time its different I'm sure.

Right, and enriching US corporations with same government backing is so much better. /s
    You know, that's just so typically Russian of you. It always comes down to US corporations. The behemoths. The titans.

The American economy's foundation is small business. Namely small business and services for the domestic market. We talk about big businesses, and they matter, but compared to the sheer scale of small business, which provides most of the jobs and most of the economic growth, big business is a distant second fiddle.

This is why Trump's trade war with China is having almost no significant domestic effect. Because our internal market is our economic foundation. We have to a great degree, learned to extract our great wealth inward.

A Russia run properly, but non-corrupt people who don't loot and pillage it, would first and foremost be a vast internal market for small business, which is directly congruent with Russia's historic educated society and human capital as a whole. A lot - an entire legion - of small businesses rather than titans.

Small business though, is a minnow in Russia. In whatever the forum - state owned enterprises or just big business - Russian titans always eat them. A Western country that has this happen by the way, is Italy. A comparison of the composition of the US and Italian economies just shows how big-business centric economies lead to pretty similar problems no matter where they occur

So no. A better Russian economy would be one that builds a lot of businesses with 20 people or less, some of which would be ripe for US investment. It would not be your taxpayers paying our big companies.

Noone lost the war. We just withdrawn from pointless fight.
    Nobody actually believes that, lol.

I take it back. This is the most non-serious thing you've ever written.

Fight that you still trying to keep fighting 30 years after it was over.
    The fight never ends because Russia will be a danger to the world so long as it has thousands of nuclear weapons and the myth of Russia's imperial destiny is still alive.

It took World War II and occupying armies to wipe out Germany and Japan's imperialist national myth. That solution obviously cannot be applied to Russia. But the problem is the same. And with China too. All the same. States with a strong strain of ethnonationalism driving a believed destiny that they have a right and historical claim to dominion over their near abroad, and then as much of Eurasia as possible. It's evil and wrong and always will be.

The American model - nobody rules Eurasia, and everyone stays within their assigned squares while we orbit the damn thing like a prison guard walking around the yard atop the walls enclosing it - has produced the best 75 years for the content and the world.

China is challenging it. It will fail too. Russia? Russia always tries to get out of its box, only to ever find its in an ever bigger box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Ah, nothing like a classic rda post where she can only insult instead of having an actual rebuttal. That's when you know they don't have anything.
    I don't know why @rda talks to me. I only know he did because apparently I got a notification of a reply but because I put him on my adblocker (see my comment), I don't see his posts anymore.

I really wonder what's it going to take to get him to accept nobody cares what he has to say, and he'd be better off moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    Sorry for being OT, but shout out to the most useless mod for finally doing their fucking job and nipping a transgender thread at first post. Keep it up Thwart
    We can help a lot in nipping those threads early by not biting.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've always been of the opinion that a good leader doesn't need credit or recognition, just the knowledge that they've done something that is working/helping the people under them (a whole country in this case). Shame you guys have Trump who seemingly believes the exact opposite... credit and recognition for anything possible.
    You would be correct in that opinion. That's what a president SHOULD be, but unfortunately Trump has never cared about such things. He cares for nothing for those poorer than him nor those under him in rank/status.

I still don't get how people thought he cared for their lower/middle class problems. Only way is to literally forget 40+ years of Trump's actions.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Nope, it wouldn't.

"Stability" maintained by US presence is worthless.
    I much prefer not having Russian barracks outside my window.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Russia is intrinsically imperialistic. Its entire national myth, in various forms going back 300 years is that they're a people of destiny who have a right and responsibility to rule Eurasia, and that they'll never truly be safe until they do. You can throw some elements of Third Rome-ism in there at various points. But regardless, the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union and Russian Federation are all fundamentally the same thing: Three organizations of the same continent-spanning Empire, an accident of history and geography, that justifies an expansionist foreign policy via a never ending foreign threat, and uses that to build and sustain a 300 year old police state at home. Within the context of Eurasian countries, Russia's borders are deeply unnatural and a remnant of imperialism. Which is why likely several times over the course of our lives, those borders are likely to contract again, as the Russian Empire continues its long break up.
    Just wondering, where do you see those borders contracting? Russia as it is now is practically an ethnic Russian state - with lots of minorities, but those are hugely outnumbered by Russians even in their dedicated territories, mostly away from their borders and not in a position to break away. The North Caucasus might be an exception but I suspect even the West would prefer Russia holding on to those lands to seeing more volatile Muslim countries spawn on the map. Chechnya was a failed state from the beginning.

The man didn't even know how grocery shopping worked, how anyone thought he cared or related to them boggles the mind.
    Same. Whatever brain he had is long gone at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The man didn't even know how grocery shopping worked, how anyone thought he cared or related to them boggles the mind.
    Because he is what they want to be. "Rich" and not giving a fuck. What they don't understand is that he's probably in debt up to his eyeballs and his attitude has hurt this country for decades.

Company part-owned by Jared Kushner got $90m from unknown offshore investors since 2017 https://t.co/4B9tdU0Clg
    https://twitter.com/guardian/status/...263995392?s=19

So a company in which Kushner owned around 25% received money from shadow companies with offshore accounts in the Caymans (the Switzerland banking of the Caribbean).

But people Kushner resigned his position when he accepted a position in the Trump Administration. One problem:

Kushner resigned from Cadre’s board and reduced his ownership stake to less than 25% after he joined the White House, according to his attorneys. He failed to list Cadre on his first ethics disclosure, later adding the company and saying the omission was inadvertent. Cadre says he is not actively involved in the company’s operations.
    https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...mpression=true

Oh look! Jared just happened not to disclose this on his security clearance. A violation he has done so many times, I cannot give you a number.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-06-10 at 06:06 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/guardian/status/...263995392?s=19

So a company in which Kushner owned around 25% received money from shadow companies with offshore accounts in the Caymans (the Switzerland banking of the Caribbean).

But people Kushner resigned his position when he accepted a position in the Trump Administration. One problem:

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...mpression=true

Oh look! Jared just happened to disclose this on his security clearance. A violation he has done so many times, I cannot give you a number.
    At this point corruption from the Trump's are as normal as breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    None of it lasted. None of it mattered. And when the Soviet Union ended, the attempts at having a Russia-centric alternative fell with it, and Russia joined an international order America and the West constructed without it.
    It did matter a lot in creation of existing international system. Because the shape of it was very much dependent on "other side", and USSR certainly had a lot of critique while it was being built.

The United Nations and the UN Security Council that you mention was pretty much the one exception. And while Russia played by some rules in it, it spend much of the Cold War blockading the UN from any type of action, a legacy of the Korean War, the one time it walked out of the room.
    Because just like modern initiatives, US actions are often far from being desirable to anyone, and unintended consequences are easy to predict.

Not surprising in the slightest a Russian doesn't know what an ally is. After all, you have none. You only ever have supplicants.
    The United States is a legitimate partner and ally to its allies, and because of it's greater power and wealth often acceeds to their demands / needs in order to further that partnership. Since the 1990s, the US more than ever, took a less aggressive approach in pulling the levers of power.
    What the US unilateral financial actions represent is more so a reminder that there are some levers only the US can pull and will pull, and that there is a cost - a cost every country that is our ally has deemed well worth paying - to being our ally sometimes. It is not a free lunch, even though it is pretty darn cheap.
    That's exactly what USSR did though. You are no different in that regard.

You're obviously upset because we target you. Well, how about not giving us a reason to target you?
    How about not giving us reason to oppose you instead?

That you cannot imagine Russia as allies yet can feel perfectly fine with having Saudi Arabia there is not proof of your strength.

Apparently, for whatever reason you cannot imagine allies that actually have capability to destroy you... only supplicants.

It absolutely is. That is Xi Jinping's and Vladimir Putin's global agenda.
    Not in the slightest.

HA! Nothing the United States has ever done can compare to what Russians and Europeans have done in their bloody history.
    Dropped only two nuclear bombs ever used in warfare on Japanese?

We don't have a Holodomorin our history.
    You do have genocide of natives though. And racial tensions continuing to this day.

America manages earth, quite frankly, because you people tried for hundreds of years, and couldn't do it without butchering each other.
    And you are not showing yourself to be any better. Your claims of moral superiority are laughable.

You know, that's just so typically Russian of you. It always comes down to US corporations. The behemoths. The titans.

The American economy's foundation is small business. Namely small business and services for the domestic market. We talk about big businesses, and they matter, but compared to the sheer scale of small business, which provides most of the jobs and most of the economic growth, big business is a distant second fiddle.
    So, did they get that Trump's tax cut too? Could you give me breakdown on difference in that particular benefits to giant corporations and small businesses?

So no. A better Russian economy would be one that builds a lot of businesses with 20 people or less, some of which would be ripe for US investment. It would not be your taxpayers paying our big companies.
    Why would Russians need US investment there? If it is profitable, Russians got plenty of money to invest themselves.

...the only reason US and EU money were wanted is because of expertise that accompanied them.

Nobody actually believes that, lol.
    Americans like you don't because of your warped perceptions of reality.

The fight never ends because Russia will be a danger to the world so long as it has thousands of nuclear weapons and the myth of Russia's imperial destiny is still alive.
    You see, that's why Russia doesn't consider itself "defeated". Because actual defeat would see us lose our nukes.

Why didn't you get rid of them totally if Russia was so defeated? It does constrain your available options to this day. Certainly wasn't due to goodness of your heart.

Simple reason is that Russia never was defeated in 1990s, no matter how much you like to paint it that way. Going down from USSR level wasn't exactly orderly, but it was never seen as defeat.

The American model - nobody rules Eurasia, and everyone stays within their assigned squares while we orbit the damn thing like a prison guard walking around the yard atop the walls enclosing it - has produced the best 75 years for the content and the world.
    Well, how about you don't try to rule Eurasia too? Have you ever considered trying it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I much prefer not having Russian barracks outside my window.
    Not everyone has serf mentality where your only option is choosing your lord (and colour of barracks outside of your window).

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume Trump actually cares about Christians beyond a voting block he has secured, the religious Right that is.

Resident Cosplay Progressive