Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Classic will be a dead game

And by that I don't mean nobody will play it or that it won't be fun to play. There will be tons of people who will play it. For quite some time I am sure. The problem is, it's at a stage of the game, that is stuck at a certain point. Imagine if the current game is stuck at where it is right now. No new content will come out. You won't be able to reach a higher level than level 120. No new gear will be added to the game. On top of that, you already know everything that is in the game. You've played it 15 years ago. The eventual interest will wear off quickly and it can't be resparked with new content. Even if they have said that they might do additional content for the classic version of the game, they'd be really stupid to do that. Every content they develop for Classic WoW could be content developed for the current game.

The game is effectively dead. It is like a branch, that has separated from the tree and is lying on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    A branch on the ground is still better than being in the tree that's on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    The current game might have its issues, but Classic has its very own issues to deal with, and some of them are severe. That is why the game was changed so dramatically over the years. You will notice very soon.

These posts are just getting mundane. Let people play what they want, already. Let people live their nostalgia. Ill be checking in on both. Hey, maybe it might feel a different game for me again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very low quality bait

And no, the game will have its fixed playerbase and bc of that the branch youre saying it will grow into an entire New tree or even a forest

But is it? They're both dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by lloskka View Post
    the game will have its fixed playerbase
    Nothing has a fixed playerbase. You eventually grow tired of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But is it? They're both dead.
    You can grow a new tree from clippings if it's kept correctly after being cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The current game might have its issues, but Classic has its very own issues to deal with, and some of them are severe. That is why the game was changed so dramatically over the years. You will notice very soon.
    Many people, myself included, have experienced vanilla at least twice already between retail vanilla and the server that must not be named. We know exactly what we're getting in to.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2019-06-10 at 06:29 AM.

You can grow a new tree from clippings if it's kept correctly after being cut off.
    Dude, the metaphor has to actually apply to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, the metaphor has to actually apply to the game.
    And Blizzard has already postulated growing that branch as additional content for the people who prefer their trees not hot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well. When I played every class to level 60, geared them up, played pvp and raids with them I might look to other things but calculating the time it takes before I done that would be... ALOT.

And Blizzard has already postulated growing that branch as additional content for the people who prefer their trees not hot.
    I already adressed that. They would be stupid to pour resources into creating new content for Classic. Why create new content for Classic, where you are limited, because the version of the game is old? Why create it for a stage of the game where the graphics are almost 2 decades old? Every resource you have you should pour into the current game, where you can actually create great content. Even if you get new content, you won't get anything of substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already adressed that. They would be stupid to pour resources into creating new content for Classic. Why create new content for Classic, where you are limited, because the version of the game is old? Why create it for a stage of the game where the graphics are almost 2 decades old? Every resource you have you should pour into the current game, where you can actually create great content. Even if you get new content, you won't get anything of substance.
    The BFA team has already demonstrated that they are fully incapable of creating a fun and engaging game with great content. The only way this can be rectified is if they are forced to go back and examine what made WoW the most popular MMO of all time in the first place.

It's just different. Not really better or worse overall, but definitely better or worse for certain people. True there is only about 18months of content there for classic, but you can bet there will be a TBC server if it remains popular. I played in vanilla, but like most people, was a bad player, a young kid, TBC came out when our guild was on BWL, so I haven't done it all, I haven't cleared naxx so there is carrots there. TBC is equally as nostalgic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Well. When I played every class to level 60, geared them up, played pvp and raids with them I might look to other things but calculating the time it takes before I done that would be... ALOT.
    You'll be bored with the game before you get to that point, because of the lack of new content and because of the fact you already played it before. The game is incredibly outdated and slow. It hasn't aged very well. You are blinded by nostalgia if you think you will spend any significant amount of time on the game. On top of that, many will level classes, reach level 60 and realize, your class isn't fun in the endgame. And nothing can change about that. Classes were broken, and broken classes can't be fixed, because then it wouldn't be classic. Raiding is a pain in the ass, and all of the same problems people had back then with guilds will occur again. And you know what will happen? People will feel like the game has to be changed in order to be good. Just like back then. You might feel right now that the inclusion of LFG and LFR was bad for the game, but having to get a group together will feel old. Once you are actually in the position, where you will waste time on getting a group together, see your group fall apart in the middle of the raid, waste many hours and achieve very little, have fights in your guild - you'll see how unfun this whole thing really is and understand why it changed.

- - - Updated - - -

The BFA team has already demonstrated that they are fully incapable of creating a fun and engaging game with great content. The only way this can be rectified is if they are forced to go back and examine what made WoW the most popular MMO of all time in the first place.
    The game in BFA isn't different in any significant way than it was at any stage of it. And BFA has many fun things to offer. You've just played for too long. The game has gotten old. If you think Classic, a stage of the game where there were fewer mechanics, classes were broken, and the game felt slow and sluggish and had terrible graphics, is gonna be more fun than BFA, you are in for a rude awakening. It's not gonna be pretty.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that normal for progression based games to be done at some point. Who is still progressing through TBC/Wrath/Cata/Pandaria/WoD/Legion? Those are all dead aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    It's just different. Not really better or worse overall
    That's a nonsense statement. One thing will have to be better or worse than the other, even if that is a subjective opinion. You will like one thing more than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    but you can bet there will be a TBC server if it remains popular
    That's the thing, it won't remain popular. It can't. The amount of people who have played on classic servers over the years has always been miniscule. Even the best classic servers had like what, 5000 people? That is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Isnt that normal for progression based games to be done at some point.
    No, because you have patches and expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Who is still progressing through TBC/Wrath/Cata/Pandaria/WoD/Legion? Those are all dead aswell.
    Those are not games, they are expansions. What are you talking about?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike live, it has something that never dies, twinks.

So I think over time people will be maining twinks, at any level but specially 19 and 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    How many people will level each class to max and gear them all out? If you really do that good for you but you will be a hard minority...