Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

You need any more?
    yes it takes abit longer then 2 mob and is alot more risky, but if you are pro then yeha..
    And then someone comes up behind you and oneshots you because you're sitting at 10% hp as a mage and you don't even know what killed you.

So for AoE grinding to be effective, you need to;
    1) Be far enough ahead/behind of everyone else that there is no competition for mobs.
    2) Know how to spec (not hard) and know how to execute effective farming (much harder, especially with any sort of latency issues).
    3) Be on a PvE server.
    4) Be very, very patient as it's possibly the most tedious way to level. At least questing gives you variety in what and where you're grinding.

Without all of those checked you're better off just power-questing and following a guide.

I had two mage guild mates farming stratholme with MC gear, they could solo the trash by kiting huge packs together (both as frost improved blizzard)
    They would make decent money from that, and I dont think any class could solo/2man that content in MC gear so i guess Its that good, yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was grinding in vanilla as mage. And yes this is good option but pretty boring. I pulled like 10 mobs or smth like that as frost. Double nova CoC blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnrealDonald2 View Post
    AoE grinding in Dire Maul from starting in your early 50s or so is crazy efficient, and leaves you with enough gold to buy your epic mount the moment you hit 60 (not sure though if DM is open at release already).
    In the open world? Nah, those spots are way too contested.
    No, DM is not open in the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I was grinding in vanilla as mage. And yes this is good option but pretty boring. I pulled like 10 mobs or smth like that as frost. Double nova CoC blizzard.
    I tried to do it too, back in Vanilla. It was so boring I almost shot myself. Think I probably got like half a level or so and went back to questing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    Those birds are ranged casters in vanilla. GL doing that.
    isn't it hilarious when people say something that is just entirely wrong?
    don't do that in the future.
    those are just normal buzzards, no spells, they just have a melee proc.

i think you're confusing them with the flame rocs in tanaris, which DO have spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    And then someone comes up behind you and oneshots you because you're sitting at 10% hp as a mage and you don't even know what killed you.

So for AoE grinding to be effective, you need to;
    1) Be far enough ahead/behind of everyone else that there is no competition for mobs.
    2) Know how to spec (not hard) and know how to execute effective farming (much harder, especially with any sort of latency issues).
    3) Be on a PvE server.
    4) Be very, very patient as it's possibly the most tedious way to level. At least questing gives you variety in what and where you're grinding.

Without all of those checked you're better off just power-questing and following a guide.
    so like literally every type of farming because evne after one mob you will be missing like 20-40% of your hp...

also "be on a pve server" so like half of the population... why are you pretending that is a hard thing to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    games and players have also changed. people are going to blast through classic. we have guides, better addons, huge founts of in depth knowledge. if you arent 60 within 1 month, you are doing it wrong man.
    Sure, a months ingame time. For the average player thats a long, long time.

isn't it hilarious when people say something that is just entirely wrong?
    don't do that in the future.
    those are just normal buzzards, no spells, they just have a melee proc.

i think you're confusing them with the flame rocs in tanaris, which DO have spells.
    Yea probably. I never did much bird fighting as i can remember, but the ones i do remember was casting spells at me. But you are prob right that not all birds had that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    Yea probably. I never did much bird fighting as i can remember, but the ones i do remember was casting spells at me. But you are prob right that not all birds had that.
    The spellcasting ones are the ones that shoot fire and stuff, and those are the coloured "rocs" those black buzzards are just normal birds, no spells

so like literally every type of farming because evne after one mob you will be missing like 20-40% of your hp...

also "be on a pve server" so like half of the population... why are you pretending that is a hard thing to do?
    Uhh, nowhere did I say or imply that it was difficult to roll on a PvE server, I merely pointed out that it's essential for AoE farming as shown in the video to work. Why are you being so aggressive about it?

I guess 18k posts in 3 1/2 years has left you a salty forum troll. Sucks man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Uhh, nowhere did I say or imply that it was difficult to roll on a PvE server, I merely pointed out that it's essential for AoE farming as shown in the video to work. Why are you being so aggressive about it?

I guess 18k posts in 3 1/2 years has left you a salty forum troll. Sucks man.
    CUse you dont need to be on a pve server. There is no difference on this farming.method from PvP to pve servers. Cause if someone is going to attack you, they will do it if your aoe farming, or if your single target farming, it doesent matter.

Yes, it's insane if you have the space to do it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

AoE leveling is great if you are by yourself with no competition. Or maybe multi-box a team and do dungeon aoe farming so you have no competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fantastic in a vacuum.

It's really hard to do on a heavily populated server.

I personally have enjoyed tagging the mobs that Mages are gathering up with R1 spells so I don't pull aggro after they Nova and soaking the free XP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

It is good, so good that all spots will be immediately taken when Classic launches.

Also you never wanna wand as mage. Wand damage is shit. Priests wand because they have nothing better, locks wand while their dots tick away. Mages have frostbolt / fireball, so blast away with those. You get free drinks, so drink when you need to drink.

You need any more?
    yes it takes abit longer then 2 mob and is alot more risky, but if you are pro then yeha..
    that is not even a big pull. Look at Arathi highlands farms / murlocs in SoS :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    its tedious and boring. grinding mobs with little margin for error sucks. you are better off questing and using the aoe abilities to make that faster. towards 57+ its better because quests are few and far between
    it isn't clear to me how much the new and improved leeway will impact this as well.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.