Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Power rankings, day 1.

1. Ghostwire Tokyo. Whacky, atmospheric horror as fuck and gorgeous, came out of nowhere and brought the hype. Most excited for this so far.
    2. Elden Ring. Fromsoft game that is longer in development than Sekiro, which was incredible, fuck yeah. The Norse mythology seems a bit overdone, but we'll see.
    3. Cyberpunk 2077. Keanu reveal was great, but the cinematic trailer didn't show anything new.
    4. Blair Witch. I'm a sucker for stuff like Alan Wake, so I'll probably love this too.
    5. Halo Infinite. I'm actually more hyped about the pc remaster, but this should turn out well.
    6. Doom Eternal. 2016 Doom was incredible, but I'm afraid the sequel won't have anything more going for it.

Everything else is literally not even worth mentioning for me.
    The thing about DOOM reboot was that it wasn't trying something new. It brought back old school fps that was surely lacking today. I understand that it might just feel more like the same we had last time, but I think that's what people want when it comes to DOOM. It doesn't need "more" except more guns, more demons and more ways to obliterate them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The thing about DOOM reboot was that it wasn't trying something new. It brought back old school fps that was surely lacking today. I understand that it might just feel more like the same we had last time, but I think that's what people want when it comes to DOOM. It doesn't need "more" except more guns, more demons and more ways to obliterate them.
    In fact, the problem I'm having with the current DOOM is that it looks like we're getting "more" than the usual. There seems to be a lot more "parkour" type movement which I honestly don't care for in a DOOM game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don’t know anyone who plays on sub-50. Most everyone I know games on 60+... and I’m glad you’re willing to admit the next gen could easily end up with 8K games.
    Highly unlikely that 8K comes next generation, the TVs are super expensive and the hardware required in a system isn't even attainable at an affordable price for PC gaming, let alone consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Is it just me or is there significantly less gameplay and more flashy trailers this E3?
    Welcome to 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Is it just me or is there significantly less gameplay and more flashy trailers this E3?
    Yeah it kinda kills all interest when I have no idea what the cinematic is really for. Really wish it was gameplay first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    From Software AND George R R Martin?
    Oh boy... Didn't expect any news from From Software but its a welcome surprise.
    Seems like a waste, from's already doing "everybody dies" just fine.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    In fact, the problem I'm having with the current DOOM is that it looks like we're getting "more" than the usual. There seems to be a lot more "parkour" type movement which I honestly don't care for in a DOOM game.
    Yeah, what I can see I don't really mind the bars in combat arena zones. Since it allows for more mobility... But the parkour crossing areas feel a bit off... Think improving the speed of the parjour animations would be a way to fix it I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Seems like a waste, from's already doing "everybody dies" just fine.
    Shadows die twice^2

15+ Year Old Account
    Pso 2 (and tales)

I'm really interested in that new Tales game. The graphics look awesome, and I kinda love the series. Symphonia is legend. Elden Ring is probably my most hyped(and secretly, I didn't even like Sekiro nearly as much as other From titles).

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the pc gaming block? Small independents?

10+ Year Old Account
    PC Gaming? What is that?

Basically anything PC gaming that wants to send them footage. Last year they showed Jurassic World by Frontier and Satisfactory by Coffee Stain, so it's a range of studio sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    PC Gaming Show at 1 EST, Ubisoft at 4 EST, and Square at 9 EST. Only one that I think is gonna be really worth watching is Square.

- - - Updated - - -

Also P5R trailer. It kinda makes the game look like it's a... sequel? I just wish I knew what it was exactly so I knew how hyped to be. Sequel 11/10 hype. "Final Mix" version more like 7-8/10 hype.

It's definitely not a sequel. It's the base game with additional content and such.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Except that unless you never played Doom in it's prime back in the 90's, that's kinda what Doom 2 was in particular.

Look at it this way, Doom is incapable of being the game it was on the PC in the 90's, you can't just generate a few hundred enemies in a level and have them in fixed positions untill you hit the calling point on the map. This is the new way of having fast paced action by bringing something new to the game that we haven't seen in the series. I'm not a big fan of things like being able to jump multiple times in the air with boosters, that seems kinda corny but being able to grapple to enemies in the air or on another ledge seems pretty badass to me. One of the annoying things about classic Doom was that you couldn't aim up or down and sometimes enemies would be able to easily hit you with projectiles while you couldn't see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    It's definitely not a sequel. It's the base game with additional content and such.
    Do you have an actual source or are you speculating, because all my research has uncovered nothing but speculation on what it is.

The reason I say this is P3FES basically had a whole epilogue part to it alongside enhancing the base game, whereas P4G was just an enhancement of the base game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have an actual source or are you speculating, because all my research has uncovered nothing but speculation on what it is.

The reason I say this is P3FES basically had a whole epilogue part to it alongside enhancing the base game, whereas P4G was just an enhancement of the base game.
    Its a rerelease with new content like every other atlus game these days.

So rewatched (skimmed through) most of the Bethesda presentation and besides the obviously "employees only" cheers (*cringe*), I seriously wish they would let people talk that actually speak fucking english. The "I can get by" level is just awful to listen to in a presentation and it made the Ghostwire presentation a pain to watch for me. Especially if you bring out someone else to speak and crush my hopes by being only marginally better than the previous presenter. The presentation of deathloop was better but the thick french accent still was annoying. Also some of their employees are bound to give me nightmares. Still I'm at least curious about those 2 games, I also kinda want to give ESO another go, ah well one of these days.

Edit: Ah yes, yougblood could be good as well.. or it could be total cringe. We will see.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-06-10 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its a rerelease with new content like every other atlus game these days.
    In that case I may not end up playing it. I fucking love P5, easily my favorite JRPG, but my playthrough took over 100 hours. I can't justify spending that much time on the game again to see the new content when I have so many other new games to play.

According to Polygon, it's an expansion of the base game. If I'm wrong and it's a sequel, I'm all for that, but I doubt it.
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/24/18...acter-features

- - - Updated - - -

I've never played any Persona games, but I definitely want to give this a shot when it comes out.

15+ Year Old Account
    In that case I may not end up playing it. I fucking love P5, easily my favorite JRPG, but my playthrough took over 100 hours. I can't justify spending that much time on the game again to see the new content when I have so many other new games to play.
    I mean mine was 110 hours for 2 playthroughs to fights the twins. Theyre also adding the 3rd semester instead of skipping it.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-06-10 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean mine was 110 hours for 2 playthroughs to fights the twins. Theyre also adding the 3rd semester instead of skipping it.
    100 hours for 1 playthrough is average, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. This'll probably be a game I play a few years down the line when I feel like revisiting the entire game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Am I the only one that likes mobile games? As somebody that spends a fair amount of time during the day with 5-10 min here and there to kill these sorts of games always make those minutes super fun at least and give me something to look forward to for when I find myself with another 5-10 min to kill. Hell back when I was in the military 10 years ago if I had access to cool ass mobile games like these then when I went to the field I would have had soooo much more fun!

I really don't get all the hate and rage, it is possible for all platforms to co-exist just fine: PC console and mobile
    Mobile games can certainly be fun especially depending on your circumstances, but I think the issue people have is mobile mechanics creeping into console/PC gaming and also mobile games taking development time and resources away from console/PC games.

Ultimately, if you show off mobile games at a big hardcore event like E3 or Blizzcon you're gonna catch a lot of shit, although that mainly only happens when the other areas of your press conference are lackluster aka Blizzcon 2018 and Bethesda's presser yesterday.