Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And then expect me to shell out 90k per recolored mount? Not happening, mate. 10k per argus talbuk was already steep, but manageable.

At best, with the changes to certain things giving more gold now, I can do slightly more than break even.

I'm lazy as fuck and just buy a WoW token every month. It's a tax I pay because a.) I fucking hate working the AH and b.) I find WQs absolutely completely fucking repulsive. This is much better than it was for me in MoP when I'd sell shitty off hands for enough gold to cover one night of raid mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Everybody, please stop saying this is about tokens. When you buy a token, that money is going to another player. It isn't removed from the economy. It doesn't solve hyperinflation or impact it in any way as they don't even take a cut.

Gold sinks help with inflation, expensive mounts and such. Tokens don't.
    People buy tokens for real money then put them up for in game gold. This is absolutely about tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I make ~40k gold with 6-7h of old content raid clearruns.
    It would literally be more cost effecitve to just work for an hour and buy a WoW token (or 3) to get 18~28 times the value out of your time (depending on your region).

They want you to buy tokens, it's become too obvious in 8.2 where every new mount costs 90k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I bought maaany boosts over the year. In fact im always looking...Especially for a proper void talon mount boost that dosen't envolve stupid discord pay before you get anything methods...They sell that shit so weirdly.
    If you want a void talon, join the Secret Finder Discord. They give them away sometimes.

I would never ever trust anyone selling one of those. It's basically impossible to guarantee it.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    No. It's bad to remove the gold AND put mounts that cost millions. Even with all the money I had in Legion thanks to my armies of alts I skipped on the Lightforged Mount because it was way too much money. In BfA I stopped even making enough money to buy tokens, let alone buy the Might Caravansaur of Bruteness or whatsitcalled.
    The point of this IS TO remove gold from the game by adding these mounts. They're serving their function.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Plenty of ways to make gold. With minimum effort ,I have earned 200.000 gold in 7 days.
    And who buys the tokens then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    And who buys the tokens then?
    People who want easy lazy coin? Dunno, I've not bought a token since it skyrocketed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I suspect you're not making this claim, however, gold making isn't nor should it be restricted to the current expansion, as we all know very well.
    Of course. I am a huge fan of soloing stuff so I'm all for old raid gains. It just feels out of place that you have to resort to that for money instead of the current expansion.
    During Cata soloing was my main income because TBC bosses still dropped a TON of money, Magtheridon was at 500g iirc. Then they "fixed" it but I had the mission table. Now the mission table is terrible for money and the solo situation is still "fixed", although I hear it's gotten better, partly thanks to battle pets.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The point of this IS TO remove gold from the game by adding these mounts. They're serving their function.
    They would be 100% more effective if they were a sponge for disposable income. As of now they are there to dry up your leftover money from Legion, unless you know how to become rich in BfA. Which I'm sure it's possible, just that I met very few people that managed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It would literally be more cost effecitve to just work for an hour and buy a WoW token (or 3) to get 18~28 times the value out of your time (depending on your region).
    I just do this as a routine and for fun/stream entertainment/information for years. The garrison or just crafting stuff is way more effective.

I just hate the back and forth inflation of gold. One expac they want us to be Scrooge mcduck, the next they want us begging for gold pre raids

Ugh. Really leaves bfa players who skipped wod and legion (not me) high and dry for gold earning compared to yesteryear

step one: level a demon hunter to 111.
    step two: turn off XP gains
    step three: buy all the legiondaries and collect the best mythic raiding gear for your demon hunter via some bros and a Saturday afternoon.
    step four: sell Freehold leveling runs
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    You start your title with "no way to make gold", then list 3 ways how to do exactly that.

But yes, you need to find something you're GOOD at in order to sell the service to order people and make gold, it's been like this for ages. (And prices for said services only follow the gold inflation so they were higher in WoD/Legion).

And there's plenty of ways to provide boosting content without being in a 20-men mythic guild:
    * Mythic+ dungeon boosts (these weill generally even give you a higher gold income than raids if you do them efficiently)
    * Leveling boosts
    * PvP rating or Conquest Cap boosts
    * Island AP cap boosts

Just because you choose to not do any of these does not mean there is "no way to make gold".
    Actually the OP is correct. None of those ways actually make any gold. All they do is shift gold around in the economy. The problem is gold is being funneled out, but not as much is being put in which creates the problem the OP mentions.

Sure all the ways you mentioned make you gold in some fashion, but technically you are just moving it from player A to player B. Where as actually making gold is creating gold from drops, tables, etc.

Right now the only main ways of making gold is farming old raids and vendoring drops, emissary gold. The rest of the methods that l can think of are trinkles of those amounts. Even selling tokens isn't making gold as it's just shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Plenty of ways to make gold. With minimum effort ,I have earned 200.000 gold in 7 days.
    The question is did you actually make gold? Or did you just shift it from one player to another (AH sales, dungeon/etc sales, token sales). There's a difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    People buy tokens for real money then put them up for in game gold. This is absolutely about tokens.
    It's not about tokens. As the person said it is shifting gold around. It's not creating gold nor destroying it.

The problem in the OP's post is gold isn't being created fast enough to justify having all the gold sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Of course. I am a huge fan of soloing stuff so I'm all for old raid gains. It just feels out of place that you have to resort to that for money instead of the current expansion.
    During Cata soloing was my main income because TBC bosses still dropped a TON of money, Magtheridon was at 500g iirc. Then they "fixed" it but I had the mission table. Now the mission table is terrible for money and the solo situation is still "fixed", although I hear it's gotten better, partly thanks to battle pets.

They would be 100% more effective if they were a sponge for disposable income. As of now they are there to dry up your leftover money from Legion, unless you know how to become rich in BfA. Which I'm sure it's possible, just that I met very few people that managed to.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Actually the OP is correct. None of those ways actually make any gold. All they do is shift gold around in the economy. The problem is gold is being funneled out, but not as much is being put in which creates the problem the OP mentions.
    I think Blizz might be doing this intentionally so that over time the amount of gold supply in the economy is reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Everybody, please stop saying this is about tokens. When you buy a token, that money is going to another player. It isn't removed from the economy. It doesn't solve hyperinflation or impact it in any way as they don't even take a cut.

Gold sinks help with inflation, expensive mounts and such. Tokens don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is interesting discussion.

Player A spends real money to buy token then converts that to gold. $20 goes to Blizzard from selling pixels.

Player B buys then buys that token to buy game time. $14.99 does not go to Blizzard that otherwise would have (asumming all these players would have bought game time with or without being able to buy token for in game gold.

So is only benefit of Token system to Blizzard is they traded $14.99 for $20? (assuming all people would have spent $14.99 anyway even if they could not buy game time with In game gold)

What other benefits does Blizzard derive from Token system?

7+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    paragons giving 2-5k per and able to get about 5 a week is pretty easy.
    but other then that just doing missions, emisarries, gold world quests, and usual farming
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    This is interesting discussion.

Player A spends real money to buy token then converts that to gold. $20 goes to Blizzard from selling pixels.

Player B buys then buys that token to buy game time. $14.99 does not go to Blizzard that otherwise would have (asumming all these players would have bought game time with or without being able to buy token for in game gold.

So is only benefit of Token system to Blizzard is they traded $14.99 for $20? (assuming all people would have spent $14.99 anyway even if they could not buy game time with In game gold)

What other benefits does Blizzard derive from Token system?
    Players that earn enough gold to buy game-time or bnet balance contribute to Blizzard by:

1. being subscribed when some would not
    2. participating heavily in the in-game economy
    3. are players that generate the need of other players to buy in-game gold by carrying other players in dungeons and raids
    4. not sure but likely when you "spend" bnet balance bought with gold, blizzard books that revenue as well as the $20 they got on the other side of it

That's 3-4 quick ways other than the $5 extra.

It's not about tokens. As the person said it is shifting gold around. It's not creating gold nor destroying it..
    If people are buying tokens from Blizzard, then selling those tokens to other players in order to buy a store mount or other cosmetic, isn't it taking gold out of the system?