Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I had a dog once who passed away that I would personally strangle each homeless child in the world for and their parents if it meant one single minute with him again

He was more valuable than any human life ever

Fuck outta here with your nonsense
    Your dog had less value than a junkie on the street. Weird how opinions work.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I’ve had many dogs and animals and some are better than others. Typically, I wouldn’t hurt a fly. But one dog out of all I owned was one in a billion. The best dog who ever truly lived on this planet.

[The dog] had more value to me than any human being not my wife or kids. There is nothing I wouldnt do, even all these years later, for just one more day. Nothing.
    I really hope your wife and kids don't frequent this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    You and I might be butting heads on the other topic, but we're 100% on this one. Insanity is what this guy is peddling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Racist much?
    Hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    And I guarantee you wouldn’t say that to my face and continue to live on this planet. To say my dog had more value than you is an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Racist much?
    You get so upset by stereotypes against you but feel no harm in doing the same to others

And I guarantee you wouldn’t say that to my face and continue to live on this planet. To say my dog had more value than you is an understatement
    What a tough guy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Watch out

badass

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What a tough guy.
    Not usually, but if he said that to my face in person he literally would have about 60 agonizing seconds of life left

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    Speaking about not living in reality, I have an actual global problem for you to ponder: there's actually people that think this is a problem worth making a post like this about. With everything else in the world. Holy shit.

I guess when you want to try and make a difference\seem like a good person, but hate having to actually do anything, or dislike thinking... this is what we get.

Cringe level obliviousness.
    That is a very fallacious argument.

By this logic, all humans should only care about the most pressing problem. Good thing for you and I humans don't think like this. I rather like that someone invented cough syrup for when I'm sick, Advil for when I hurt, and jeans that are more comfortable than their predecessors.

All of these were trivial in the global sense but because one or some human(s) championed a cause cool shit got done for the globe.

Let others champion their causes, you yours. No reason to ignore a problem just because there is a bigger one. (By that logic we better start working on the sun going Nova in a few billion....)
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Not usually, but if he said that to my face in person he literally would have about 60 agonizing seconds of life left
    Seems like an irrational overreaction tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    That is a very fallacious argument.

By this logic, all humans should only care about the most pressing problem. Good thing for you and I humans don't think like this. I rather like that someone invented cough syrup for when I'm sick, Advil for when I hurt, and jeans that are more comfortable than their predecessors.

All of these were trivial in the global sense but because one or some human(s) championed a cause cool shit got done for the globe.

Let others champion their causes, you yours. No reason to ignore a problem just because there is a bigger one. (By that logic we better start working on the sun going Nova in a few billion....)
    By their own logic, we should stop people from breeding because the biggest crisis this planet faces is human overpopulation

Most people can fight for multiple issues tho and still care about others.

A big issue does not erase a small and vice versus

At least in America, there are lots of states starting to ban, or propose legislation that bans, mass breeding of animals for sale.

http://www.humanesociety.org/sites/d..._ii_chap05.pdf

My cats first owner was an old gentleman who passed and the family surrendered her.

She was taken from a kill shelter to a non kill shelter, adopted once, re surrendered, then adopted by me, within 72 hours. Sweetest 6 year old striped tabby, that just jumped on my lap when I went to pick a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    At least in America, there are lots of states starting to ban, or propose legislation that bans, mass breeding of animals for sale.

http://www.humanesociety.org/sites/d..._ii_chap05.pdf

My cats first owner was an old gentleman who passed and the family surrendered her.

She was taken from a kill shelter to a non kill shelter, adopted once, re surrendered, then adopted by me, within 72 hours. Sweetest 6 year old striped tabby, that just jumped on my lap when I went to pick a cat.
    I think pet ownership and pet breeding licenses should be a thing. Too many irresponsible breeders out for a quick buck, and way too many compassionless humans who toss their pets at the first mild inconvenience

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    These are animals? Dogs? Cats? We hunt other animals to control the population of them (in some cases). Why are these any different? Because they're cute?

Until we solve the issue of homeless children I could give a rats ass about unwanted animals.
    We don't hunt domesticated animals.

Only to you man only to you, the value of your dog is zero to anyone else. Even people with dogs who love their dogs do not love your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Because they are cute...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Really?

The only reason we don't hunt them is because they are domesticated. Wolf vs dog is a great example.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Really?

The only reason we don't hunt them is because they are domesticated. Wolf vs dog is a great example.
    Then why did you ask when you already knew the answer?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, no we would not say that to your face. Instead, we'd be on the phone to Child Protection Services. You just said that a dead dog has more value to you than your kids or wife.

Not to mention you literally just threatened to kill someone on this forum. Reported.

Information on raising dogs is readily available online. Most people have no excuse for not knowing how to care for a pet. Unfortunately, pretty much all the problems spoken about in this thread come down to irresponsible people, and one cannot force someone to be responsible. While punitive measures sound great, I think it would be rather challenging to enforce them. Attempting to sway societal perceptions around pet ownership is probably the best solution, but that's a massive and slow undertaking.