Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    lets see pretty easy:

healthcare is a right, climate change is real and students shouldn't need to be in debted for life

vs

deep state, qnon, wikilinks, and countless lies.
    If you write it this way, then it'll look like this:
    Trump is Russian agent, Steele Dossier is entirely real, Trump doesn't sanction Russia at all, Republicans hate women
    vs
    deep state, qnon, wikileaks

...and then tell me how exactly second part is more divisive then first?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    If you write it this way, then it'll look like this:
    Trump is Russian agent, Steele Dossier is entirely real, Trump doesn't sanction Russia at all, Republicans hate women
    vs
    deep state, qnon, wikileaks

...and then tell me how exactly second part is more divisive then first?
    Trump is a Russian useful idiot.
    The Steele Dossier is mostly confirmed.
    Trump doesn't enforce sanctions at all. He was compelled, by a veto proof majority, to sanction Russia.
    Republican nowdays mostly view women under the age of 55 as a Democratic voting base they can't get to, and are entirely uninterested in appealing to their interests, which are diametrically apposed to Evangelical-sourced social conservatism.

-There is no such thing as the Deep State in the United States.
    -Qnon is an internet conspiracy theory that's staggeringly dumb even for internet conspiracy theories.
    -Whatever Wikileaks started as, it became a front for Russian intelligence, likely within the year or two after almost all of Julian Assange's original crew quit on him for being a sociopath they came to detest working with irl.

The Wikileaks thing is particularly dumb, because Wikileaks as it's existed for many years now has basically been Assange's personal brand. The original Wikileaks had a bunch of people working for it, with Assange their leader and front man. It was an actual organization. But Assange was in the Ecuadorean embassy for so long, he missed vast changes to the internet, internet activism, and social-media in general. Wikileaks has long since contracted to being Assange and a handful of helpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Trump is a Russian useful idiot.
    So, that was a lie.

The Steele Dossier is mostly confirmed.
    Another lie. Why hold onto it when it proven to be utterly irrelevant in the end anyway?

Trump doesn't enforce sanctions at all. He was compelled, by a veto proof majority, to sanction Russia.
    And he did sanctions more people as requested. He sanctioned Russian arms sales. He sanctioned head of GazProm. It is utterly delusional to think that he doesn't enforce sanctions at all.

Really, both sides have some utterly delusional beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, that was a lie.
    Which part? That Trump is an idiot or he's useful to Russia?

Another lie.
    How so? The last I heard the only thing proven wrong was Cohen going to Prague.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Which part? That Trump is an idiot or he's useful to Russia?
    That Trump was Russian agent.

How so? The last I heard the only thing proven wrong was Cohen going to Prague.
    What exactly was proven right? It isn't exactly big document.

Cohen was the only thing mentioned in Mueller report, and only in that Cohen denied it.

The rest wasn't mentioned at all - because it is absolute bullshit, and might as well be Russian disinformation all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly was proven right? It isn't exactly big document.
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/10/polit...ate/index.html

The rest wasn't mentioned at all - because it is absolute bullshit, and might as well be Russian disinformation all along.
    Wait, so you're saying that Russians would give disinformation to someone investigating a candidate for the presidency? Isn't that like...interfering in an election?

It doesn't support anything though; no specific part is mentioned, and we don't see any of supposed talks being "validated" in Mueller's report.

Wait, so you're saying that Russians would give disinformation to someone investigating a candidate for the presidency? Isn't that like...interfering in an election?
    Feeding private investigator false information? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't support anything though; no specific part is mentioned, and we don't see any of supposed talks being "validated" in Mueller's report.
    Look at them goal posts. Lol.

Feeding private investigator false information? Really?
    Why are Russians giving out false information about a presidential nominee?

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Look at them goal posts. Lol.
    Can you show which part of Steele Report could have possibly matched this article?

Any later supporting evidence?

Why are Russians giving out false information about a presidential nominee?
    To random UK investigator asking his "sources" about anything they might have heard about? they can invent answers outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1TB23I

So they are getting the full report plus some of the evidence. It still doesn't change the fact that any impeachment will be stillborn in the Senate though and that the Senate vote would be ammo against both Republicans and Democrats in purple states.
    Based on text of the article like
    "It was not clear from Nadler’s statement whether lawmakers on the committee would get to see an unredacted copy of Mueller’s report."
    it is likely that absolutely nothing had changed.

They already had option of seeing minimally redacted report several weeks ago; they had chosen, by Justice Department words, not to take it and claim they needed full report instead.

Based on text of the article like
    "It was not clear from Nadler’s statement whether lawmakers on the committee would get to see an unredacted copy of Mueller’s report."
    it is likely that absolutely nothing had changed.

They already had option of seeing minimally redacted report several weeks ago; they had chosen, by Justice Department words, not to take it and claim they needed full report instead.
    Not true justice offered for them to physically go to the building without being allowed to take notes or aides and be able to see some of the report under supervision though I am not happy with their current deal it is not the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1TB23I

So they are getting the full report plus some of the evidence. It still doesn't change the fact that any impeachment will be stillborn in the Senate though and that the Senate vote would be ammo against both Republicans and Democrats in purple states.
    Democrats will lose they are still playing checkers Barr is counting on the extra information to leak so he can weave a narrative for Trump that the democrats are leakers that cannot be trusted heck he may leak things himself to feed that narrative. This is kind of idiotic move is the reason democrats depress me this middle ground bullshit has died and they are still pursuing it.

i'm late on this but The HJC is holding a hearing right now on the Mueller report.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    i'm late on this but The HJC is holding a hearing right now on the Mueller report.
    Is anyone actually involved in any way with the report there?
    Kinda looks like a pure public spectacle that won't offer anything new.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Is anyone actually involved in any way with the report there?
    Kinda looks like a pure public spectacle that won't offer anything new.
    Directly no, you're correct that the testimony is being used as a spectacle, especially by the likes of Louie Gohmert who just refused to ask questions.

The important testimony is from John Dean who served under Richard Nixon and was involved in Watergate.

Testimony of John Dean
    Testimony of John Malcolm
    Testimony of Barbara McQuade
    Testimony of Joyce Vance

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1138172623765069825

Holy shit, these Republicans are not just dishonest as fuck but they're dumb as god-damn sin. Gaetz deserved to be the subject of laughter from everyone in that room for his stupid fucking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Holy shit, these Republicans are not just dishonest as fuck but they're dumb as god-damn sin. Gaetz deserved to be the subject of laughter from everyone in that room for his stupid fucking questions.
    But, um, Bush did massively lie to the American people and got us involved in a huge war that seems to be without end. That seems way worse than Nixon to me. I don't know how anyone could possibly argue that Bush wasn't worse than Nixon. Nixon lied and obstructed justice. Bush lied and hundreds of thousands of people died.

Gaetz is not smart. Or he's drunk again. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Republicans being laughed at should be the norm when they keep shit like this going.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But, um, Bush did massively lie to the American people and got us involved in a huge war that seems to be without end. That seems way worse than Nixon to me. I don't know how anyone could possibly argue that Bush wasn't worse than Nixon. Nixon lied and obstructed justice. Bush lied and hundreds of thousands of people died.
    Nixon massively lied to the American (and South Vietnamese) people and extended a huge war which resulted in over a million people dying.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ietnam-treason
    Last edited by Masark; 2019-06-10 at 11:26 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Nixon massively lied to the American (and South Vietnamese) people and extended a huge war which resulted in over a million people dying.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ietnam-treason
    Nixon was an absolute cunt, though I feel like this whole thing should be taught along-side Watergate when covering him because I didn't even know about this particular bit of fuckery myself until last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Anything to detract from talking about tRump. These people are lunatics.

I am sure i lost a couple of braincells after watching that...