Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If people are buying tokens from Blizzard, then selling those tokens to other players in order to buy a store mount or other cosmetic, isn't it taking gold out of the system?
    You don't buy tokens from Blizzard though. You buy tokens from other players basically since Blizzard doesn't provide any gold from tokens at all. That's why there can be at times no tokens in stock.

Sure buying tokens and buying stuff off the store is removing said gold, but that wasn't the problem the OP had. The problem they OP mentioned was that essentially gold isn't being created fast enough to justify all the gold sinks. Eventually it'll come to a point where gold as a currency doesn't exist much. Tokens will probably be ~30k again, etc.

I am just a regular player with HC/Mythic raid schedules and just maining 1 character but I play regularly not only for 1-2 weeks each major patch.

I could barely keep myself at 300.000g while just HC/Mythic raiding in BfA-Uldir. The amount of flasks/pots for even just HC raiding was killing me, I used herbalism while farming AP worldquests and did every herb-WQ on 3 chars to maintain 1 main character.

Since I quit progression raiding alltogether and just spamming M+ (1500 keys in BfA) and only a few WQ for the gold cache, my gear peaked close to ilvl cap (420 right now, check armory) and my gold went from 300.000g losing each week a few k to 3.000.000g+ after not even 1 raid-tier.

Just don't raid. You can spam as much M+ as you want, your ilvl will peak above die-hard-mythic-raiders and you will swimming in gold without ever selling anything to the AH. Raiding with the current difficulty and herb prices is hard to maintain for everything above normal raiding.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-06-10 at 11:30 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You don't buy tokens from Blizzard though. You buy tokens from other players basically since Blizzard doesn't provide any gold from tokens at all. That's why there can be at times no tokens in stock.

Sure buying tokens and buying stuff off the store is removing said gold, but that wasn't the problem the OP had. The problem they OP mentioned was that essentially gold isn't being created fast enough to justify all the gold sinks. Eventually it'll come to a point where gold as a currency doesn't exist much. Tokens will probably be ~30k again, etc.
    Yes, I understood that part. Whenever someone buys a vendor mount, gold goes out of the system.

But what I was getting at was that there's still a conflict of interest where Blizzard cuts back on the amount of ways to generate gold while simultaneously increasing the number of extremely expensive services, such as cash shop pets and mounts. The token facilitates moving gold from player to player within the system, but cutting the amount of gold coming into the system via farming, while increasing the amount of gold going out of the system does have the side effect of making everything take longer.

I wonder if that effect would cause whales to purchase more tokens(thus making Blizzard $5), or how much it's offset by the increased amount of time it takes farmers to generate the gold in the first place. Wouldn't the price go up as the supply went down?

EDIT: I thought about it for a sec. If there's less gold available, the price of the token would go down, not up. But if the mount costs stay the same....hmmm....wouldn't that mean whales would have to pay for more tokens to get the vendor mounts and other cosmetics? And so wouldn't it benefit Blizzard to keep releasing expensive items like that?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-06-10 at 11:34 PM.

I was just talking about this the other day, and it's true.

The issue is literally fucking Garrisons. Some people made such stupid amounts of money from them that Blizzard is still looking for ways to get rid of that gold, so now we have a bunch of dumbass gold sinks, the worst of them being paying thousands of gold for frequent respeccing.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    you are the reason the games gone to shit,to even suggest to offer boost as a way to make in game currency is beyond belief,i want no part of an mmo with players like you in it.
    I spotted the casual!

Tell you what, when the price for progression raiding drops (you do the math counting all the gold/material costs for potions, runes, flasks and feasts for hundres of pulls),
    then yeah, there would be no need for selling said content to players.

It's literally the mass amounts of gold going into weeks of progress raiding that we recuperate by selling the content afterwards.
    But hey, feel free to find a different MMO, cause i doubt it's gonna change anytime soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have made over 70.000.000 gold on The Auction House... it has never been easyer to make gold and get rich... its just that easy repetable quests or just running old dungeons and raids should not give alot of Gold...

The Idea is this, the less gold around, the more its worth, that way in the future new people and poor people will have more gold since it worth more,

PS: there are alot of different ways to earn Gold this expansion, its just that Blizzard have understood that things ingame should become harder to do and the game it self should not throw things at you.

PSS: The New Gold sinks are so amazing... everyone I know is always saving gold to get stuff... this so healty for the game and the community, since inflation is very bad in game and in real life.

PSSS: Having posts like this around shows that the new system of Reducing inflation works and should just keep on going like this.
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2019-06-11 at 12:12 AM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I have made over 70.000.000 gold on The Auction House..
    70M of profit or 70M of revenue.

How much in the last six months?

By selling what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    one half screams how there's to much gold in the game and when they try to remove it, it's bad too.
    the problem is now gold literally equal cash, since u can convert wow gold to real life money that can be used in any blizzard and even some non blizzard products
    instead of be the black market, actually do ur f8cking job and stop gold sell, this is like the purge, we can't stop crime so let's legalize it, genius

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I disagree. Yes, gold does not flow like in past expansions, but I’m still able to get gold by playing. With my main alone, I have around 200,000g more than I started BfA with, despite buying several ~200,000g mounts in the AH. I may have gotten close to 1M gold since BfA started. I just focus on gold missions, gold world quests and paragon chests (worth ~4,000g each), with ocasional use of AH to sell mats and runes.

I also do the same with two other alts, but not to the same extent.
    u are literally proving what OP is saying, this exp is sh8t in term of gold, which like everything else bfa is a step backward instead of forward
    at least i like warfronts, but still it seems sh8t in a mmo game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I have made over 70.000.000 gold on The Auction House... it has never been easyer to make gold and get rich... its just that easy repetable quests or just running old dungeons and raids should not give alot of Gold..
    u were alchemist who abused the new quest right ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of ways (thank you Sherlock Holmes), but what they aren't saying is the game is so bad you won't ever find the will to make that gold.

End thread.

I hate threads like these because I know how misleading people like to be about gold earnings. They'll tell you "yeah I made 100m gold since BFA started" but what they won't say is they made it by selling something they've been sitting on for 5 years. Or "I make 100k a week doing old raid clears" but won't say they do those clears on 50 characters and are including looted item value and not raw gold.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Just repeating some other people, but I clear emissaries on my 2 alts and my main weekly. That's a bunch of paragon gold monthly. I had been clearing Island Expeditions, I've made a few hundred thousand from transmog/pets there. Alchemy/Herbalism was very profitable early expansion, not much anymore... that'll spike again in 8.2.

I farmed BoD/uldir heroic (my guild isn't amazing, but a good amount of mythic) heavily so I had tons of sanguicell/breath, so I sell feasts and blood sausage as fast as the economy will take it without crashing the price. Occasional call to arms heroic during the week for an eventual stack of runes, those always sell well/quickly. (Also run the mission table for those when they pop up, so thats like a stack a week)

Not a month has gone by where I haven't bought 2-3 wow tokens, probably closer to 3-4 a month early BFA. I just buy Bnet balanace and drop it on sub when I get 70 extra, and keep like 100 on there for games and transfers or whatever I might need.

Theres no free mission table/garrison gold anymore, probably never again. Theres huge gold sinks now on purpose because of WoD/Legion, but you can make gold if you just play the damn game. I don't spend more than 12-15 hours a week on, especially lately. Have made about 3.5M since BFA launched.

*Oh also, I spend 0 on consumables, make everything myself. I save up half a bank box full of purples, drop herbalism/disenchant like 60-70 things a month and sell all those shards, thats been a decent chuck of gold. Can relearn herbalism after for 900g.
    Last edited by Mauthe; 2019-06-11 at 03:16 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    They have a way for you to make gold. It's called buying tokens.

They have less people actually playing and Activision wants their money, so they do what they need to do and shakedown the weak people who have everything.

This is the new norm, remaining players are whales. We're past $20 and $30 mounts

so more people will buy tokens
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I am not sure where this sentiment comes from. I play maybe 5 hours a week and the last time I played I was thinking to myself how much easier it is to make gold than it used to be. Even with what little I play, my main is sitting at 900k. I don't raid. I don't sell runs. I don't buy tokens. If you can't get gold, you're not trying hard enough, or you're spending too much. You talk about things costing too much. That's a self defeating argument. Inflation doesn't happen if people don't have gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    This is interesting discussion.

Player A spends real money to buy token then converts that to gold. $20 goes to Blizzard from selling pixels.

Player B buys then buys that token to buy game time. $14.99 does not go to Blizzard that otherwise would have (asumming all these players would have bought game time with or without being able to buy token for in game gold.

So is only benefit of Token system to Blizzard is they traded $14.99 for $20? (assuming all people would have spent $14.99 anyway even if they could not buy game time with In game gold)

What other benefits does Blizzard derive from Token system?
    They keep people playing who otherwise wouldn't if they had to pay even a cent of real money to do it and hope they get back into the game more?

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Players that earn enough gold to buy game-time or bnet balance contribute to Blizzard by:

1. being subscribed when some would not
    2. participating heavily in the in-game economy
    3. are players that generate the need of other players to buy in-game gold by carrying other players in dungeons and raids
    4. not sure but likely when you "spend" bnet balance bought with gold, blizzard books that revenue as well as the $20 they got on the other side of it

That's 3-4 quick ways other than the $5 extra.
    Blizzard benefits by 1) retaining players who may not have enough cash to pay for a subscription and would quit otherwise and 2) killing the third party gold market. I don't know how long you've been playing, but gold sellers got really bad for a while. During Wrath, they would hack the game and advertise by making literally thousands of characters and having them spell out words in the air. They would hack accounts to steal gold and items. They did it because there was a market for it. By offering an official way to buy gold that isn't causing players to be potentially banned, Blizzard made the game more stable, improved the economy, helped retain players, and gave legitimacy to those who are going to buy in game items for real money whether it's sanctioned or not.

I don't know where this idea came from that there is too much gold in the game and blizzard are trying to reduce it, but it's nonsense. Wod and legion were testing grounds for the wow token so they gave us gold in abundance to test the system. Now that's over and they are milking this system for all it's worth to sell tokens.

Just another scummy move that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I hate threads like these because I know how misleading people like to be about gold earnings. They'll tell you "yeah I made 100m gold since BFA started" but what they won't say is they made it by selling something they've been sitting on for 5 years. Or "I make 100k a week doing old raid clears" but won't say they do those clears on 50 characters and are including looted item value and not raw gold.
    No. There are ways to make millions of gold but it doesn't involve any of that. In fact I haven't seen anyone mention any of them yet. None are illegal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    No. There are ways to make millions of gold but it doesn't involve any of that. In fact I haven't seen anyone mention any of them yet. None are illegal either.
    That's fine, people still do the things I said.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The problem with mounts as a gold sink is that, for the people who are sitting on millions of gold from WoD/Legion, they have enough gold now that even if they buy the expensive mounts, they'll pretty easily make back whatever they spent. If their gold reserves dip to a certain point they're going to stop buying things until it rebuilds.

That's the problem with the current system, anyone could get insane amounts of gold with very little effort and in-game items started to be priced accordingly. They removed those easy methods of gold generation but still kept item prices/scarcity at levels that match the prior expansions gold generation methods in the hopes that it would remove gold from circulation. The problem is the people who have millions of gold aren't going to blow all of their reserves on a bunch of re-skinned mounts, so you still have enough people (and guilds) with deep pockets to keep the prices high on items on the AH, but now most of the players don't have near the same level of income as they did during Legion/BfA. So the only gold you removed is from the players who had earned modest-to-small amounts of gold in BfA (sub-1 million gold), who also are going to try to keep some amounts to stay afloat, so you've just priced them out of the gold sinks.