Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Challenge Mode or Mythic Dungeons: Pick one and explain why.

Pretty easy instructions no?

Mythic+. CM was really fun to do once, but the replayability is so limited that the tears of "no content" would drown earth in a split second if they replaced M+ with CM again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Mythic or mythic+?
    For this assume that Mythic and Mythic plus are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Mythic+. CM was really fun to do once, but the replayability is so limited that the tears of "no content" would drown earth in a split second if they replaced M+ with CM again!
    But the leader boards on the WoW website that had people competing with time completions seemed like a big reason to replay stuff to me. As for Mythic dungeons replay-ability it's essentially the same dungeon with stuff that hits harder. What's so fun about doing the same dungeon over and over even with harder mechanics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge Modes were absolutely amazing and super fun. Possibly the best thing in WoW history!
    - They were hard yet open for new tactics. In the beginning people struggle to get gold and in the end they speedrun it, good curve on difficulty.
    - You only had to do it ONCE, meaning it was a clear goal to pursue and not something you had to mindlessly farm over and over. Ofc, you COULD do it more if you wanted, which is nice if you had alts etc.
    - Gear scaled! This was amazing and I truly hope blizzard make more gear scaled content. If I remember numbers somewhat correct, it scaled to like 630 in WoD. There were SOME gear that was better than other, certain trinkets and items with many sockets. BUT, as long as you had 630 in each gear (and that was blue heroic quality), these dungeons were doable at gold! That means as soon as you got 630, which was super easy, you could get started and it focused on skill instead of gear!

M+ is the most dull thing they added second to island expiditions...

- Speedruns are dead, high keys take like 30min+ to finish, with 0 ways to get like 5minute runs at key level 20, trash is too strong and it's tuned in a boring way.
    - It's a grind, just do it over and over and over, with no clear goal. Getting the "get +15 in each dungeon" achiv is no way close to the excitement of getting the "all gold" ones from CMs.
    - Most important, it's super exclusive. The better gear you have, the higher keys you can do... that means if you are a god with bad gear, it doesn't matter. It killed the "jump straight into action" of the CMs to only be a thing for those who got good gear, that sucks. AND key levels? WHY ARE THERE KEYS. Why can't you just chose your difficulty and start? Another stupid grind to get the keys... but ofc, the more you play the more you subscribe, blizzard logic...

challenge mode. the reward was an objective to aim for.

M+ is a good idea but at this point it feels more like a chore then something i want to do. they need to either move M+ to its next iteration, or add a rewards people care about.

15+ Year Old Account
    CMs were fine, but u hated how ur spec got slowed down to a crawl and made some specs useless due to the nature of scaling down stats
    But M+ is one of the best things ever added to the game PvE-wise

To people complaining over how M+ is "speed runs" u dont have to do the "gogo fast" runs with pugs or "elitists" u dont have to play with either type of player, if u dont beat the timer, ur not geared enough.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    M+, but I think they should do cosmetic rewards again for completing a really high key.

Challenge Mode offered no relevant rewards, so clearly m+
    Also scaling down is always bad. Always.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    M+, because Challenge Modes had that seasonal exclusive rewards bullshit, meanwhile the M+ Rewards (aside from that "complete all +10/+15 on time") don't follow such rules.

CMs. Mythic+ is just for epeen and gets more frustrating the higher the keys. Also the whole raider.io community fucked up the M+ imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    But the leader boards on the WoW website that had people competing with time completions seemed like a big reason to replay stuff to me. As for Mythic dungeons replay-ability it's essentially the same dungeon with stuff that hits harder. What's so fun about doing the same dungeon over and over even with harder mechanics?
    I personally don't enjoy speedrunning in any way, and I would much prefer that dungeons force you to plan, CC and execute well. In that sense, when I have completed CMs once (on gold, because that's where the challenge ends) I don't feel like there's a reason to do them again, so for me personally they offer no replayability. I don't like the M+ mass pull and go-go-go mentality either, so I don't think it's the optimal solution, but it's something I can do more than once and additionally offers a gearing path for my alts when I feel like it, and if I don't want the go-go-go mentality I can just run higher keys with my friends.

Don't get me wrong, CMs were great, but if I had to pick one I will definitely go with M+. To be honest, I don't think they should be compared against each other as they don't really target the same objective. CM and Mage Tower share more similarities when you look at the objective and the reward, the key difference being that one is a team challenge and one is a solo challenge.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2019-06-11 at 01:35 PM.

didnt like the gear scaling of challenge modes at all. made your gear useless. therefor m+ with unique challenge mode rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Challenge Mode offered no relevant rewards, so clearly m+
    Also scaling down is always bad. Always.
    I say it's always good, always. Why would you say it's bad? Isn't it more fair that everyone can compete regardless how good their gear is? Isn't it good when something becomes more avaliable and only skill will separate people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siuo View Post
    didnt like the gear scaling of challenge modes at all. made your gear useless. therefor m+ with unique challenge mode rewards.
    That was the whole point, to make gear irrelevant. To make it about skill and not gear.

m+, scaling down stats is something terrible. CM you had one difficulty and you needed to work on execution. M+ scales in difficulty + it requires to execute better and better to a level of perfection at extreme keys. Rewards from m+ is kinda meh anyway, I just enjoy how we push it to the limit and get a more difficult keys.

M+ with the reward structure of PvP (mounts, pets, titles, etc.). Challenge modes were simply too dull and once you got the required bis gear, more or less a farm. Speed running the same thing that doesnt increase in challenge is boring to me. High levels m+ puts each player's skill to the maximum of their character unlike raids where you have 4 times less impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I say it's always good, always. Why would you say it's bad? Isn't it more fair that everyone can compete regardless how good their gear is? Isn't it good when something becomes more avaliable and only skill will separate people?

- - - Updated - - -

That was the whole point, to make gear irrelevant. To make it about skill and not gear.
    Well, as a mage/shadow priest I can say it is terrible to do dungeons with low haste/crit values. Absolutely breaks the classes

15+ Year Old Account
    M+ anyday. Noone ever did CMs because they rewarded pretty much nothing and the replayability was zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're good for different things. CM's were for speed freaks who wanted to do things as quickly as possible. M+ is for people who want to do hard dungeons, even if it is a fairly boring way to make hard content.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well then they fucking failed. The trinkets you got from SoO/HFC were absolutely fucking broken in CMs to a ridiculous degree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    M+ anyday. Noone ever did CMs because they rewarded pretty much nothing and the replayability was zero.
    I did them, they were fun.
    once. Didn't see much benefit in redoing it outside of the rewards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    M+ with the reward structure of PvP (mounts, pets, titles, etc.). Challenge modes were simply too dull and once you got the required bis gear, more or less a farm. Speed running the same thing that doesnt increase in challenge is boring to me. High levels m+ puts each player's skill to the maximum of their character unlike raids where you have 4 times less impact.
    But aren't Mythic+ a farm too? As for your comparison with them to raids i'm not sure that's accurate.