Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Apparently, Metroid 5 (2d) is going to be announced tomorrow.
    What? Going back to 2d... Oh boy! Nicu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't have any expectations after the shit show of the entire e3, but ff7r did fucking well. Good shit. I just hope they add more depth to the gameplay than mashing a button till ATB. Maybe make dodging vital

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I have tried multiple times to get through 8 and never could. 7 and 9 were always more enjoyable for me.
    Could never complete the mini-game that is FF8 too busy kicking ass in triple triad then it's like disc 4? no triple triad? just fighting? wut?!

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Didn't have any expectations after the shit show of the entire e3, but ff7r did fucking well. Good shit. I just hope they add more depth to the gameplay than mashing a button till ATB. Maybe make dodging vital
    AFAIK you have active blocking. In one video you can see cloud holding up the buster sword like when he block bullets and take very little damage. Don't think avoiding damage would be good except through items and trinkets like in the original.

I'm sure it will because the mashing damage is pathetic so only ATB's are really doing any actual damage, so dodging damage so you don't need to fill your ATB to cure sounds good to me.

I'm unsure if i like the stagger from FF13 it was annoying and good at the same time, because a lot of the time in FF13 mobs are literally immune to damage until staggered so it feels like you're just messing around filling up a stagger bar then once staggered you can actually hurt enemies, if you fail to kill it in 1 stagger it's more messing around until the next stagger. You also spend a lot of time being defensive while enemies are not staggered for the reason you can't deal any reasonable damage outside of the stagger.

But at the same time that satisfaction of getting an enemy into stagger and fucking deleting it feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I wasnt expecting ff8 but I ran out of gas and stopped playing
    It doesn't get good until you get to the end and start weapon upgrading, the end game gameplay is probably best in a FF game imo, perhaps eclipsed by Zodiac Age.

In my experience, most people don't get into weapon upgrading during the campaign and are weak right up until they pull up guides for starting it way late in the game. I did it twice that way, on both playthrus. However, the way the end game limit break system works, and the minigames therein, still make me excited to play thru again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    It doesn't get good until you get to the end and start weapon upgrading, the end game gameplay is probably best in a FF game imo, perhaps eclipsed by Zodiac Age.

In my experience, most people don't get into weapon upgrading during the campaign and are weak right up until they pull up guides for starting it way late in the game. I did it twice that way, on both playthrus. However, the way the end game limit break system works, and the minigames therein, still make me excited to play thru again.
    Well, it gets good 30 hour is beats 13s it gets good 20 hours in.

Considering it's the team that worked on Kingdom Hearts 2's combat, I think FFVII Remake is in great hands. The demo they showed looks really promising too.

10+ Year Old Account
    This E3 wasn't spectacular but there are definitely a few games that caught my attention. Those games being Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Watchdogs Legion and Halo Infinity. Beyond that though no other games struck me as interesting, now its time to wait for Blizzcon, which I speculate will either be extremely hype or a total letdown. Fingers crossed for a well made Diablo 4 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    its just a remaster....so if you thought 8 sucked it will still suck..if you thought 8 was good it will probably be good...

buuut square has fucked up the remasters of 4-6 and 9 so theres that
    Yes but X, X-2 are great remasters, and also Zodiac Age is one of the best remasters of all time, imo. So it could go either way. It should take probably more work to remaster VIII so maybe they will up the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    This E3 wasn't spectacular but there are definitely a few games that caught my attention. Those games being Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Watchdogs Legion and Halo Infinity. Beyond that though no other games struck me as interesting, now its time to wait for Blizzcon, which I speculate will either be extremely hype or a total letdown. Fingers crossed for a well made Diablo 4 though.
    ...E3 2019 isn't over, it's going on all week, announcements and things to show off are still happening all this week. There's no way everyone would fit everything in on one day. The "big" stuff maybe, but there's plenty of times the little stuff is just as, if not more, exciting as the big stuff.

New 3D Mario Game please! Sunshine 2 will make my mind exploard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yes but X, X-2 are great remasters, and also Zodiac Age is one of the best remasters of all time, imo. So it could go either way. It should take probably more work to remaster VIII so maybe they will up the quality.
    Its just going to be like 7 and 9 with stupid boosts

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be too much to ask for a new Punch-Out for the Switch?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaks were real I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    They gonna have netflix in the show but not on the Switch huh?

Witcher 3 on Switch looks sooooo bad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Can't wait for this Fire Emblem.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 year time skip fuck me up FE

- - - Updated - - -

Outside of Persona I really hate anime style games, but Astral Chain looks kinda lit

15+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo won already