Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's only justified if enjoyed, otherwise , easy to unsub.

I stopped caring about playing(paying sub fee) for cosmetics that won't mean anything when the game shuts down.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-06-11 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno83 View Post
    Looks like many people here should read question twice before replying.
    There is many people that struggle to pay subscription, i know many players from 3rd world countries that have to cancel subscription now and then because money issues.
    Let me break it down for you:
    you work for 300€ monthly, you pay bills 150, then you have to deal with food, clothes now and then and then hefty 13€ for wow
    all of you "simply don't pay if it's too much for you" or "reconsider your priorities" sound like spoiled brats that had life going easy on you. And guess what? Poor people need entertainment as well, and they like same stuffs as you do. I like them better in wow than on streets doing criminal stuffs or being entertained with cheap drugs.

Back on topic that clearly says "How is it still justified to ask for a 13 euro subscription?" and not "it's too much for me"

I don't think 13€ price is justified anymore, but i don't mind paying it. Because blizzard is using that money to create other games as well. They can invest in other projects millions and drop it just because they didn't liked it. Once when they make something fun, we get it. So far, it worked good (except that mobile game abomination Diablo immortal). Yada, yada, yada, you know the rest of the story.
    Don't you think that... if you struggle for money, spending it on a game is not a wise? Unless you put it as "entertainment" budget, so instead of going to cinema/restaurants you play wow, which is fair enough, 13£ is still cheap for entertainment.
    Justification - it is business, they can sell the product for a price. How can apple sell their phones for so much? or lets think something like CK, selling me 40$ worth of underwear, just because it's CK. If they reach a limit, when lowering price would mean they will sell 2xUndies for 25$, instead of 1x for 40$, they would go for it. Makes sense? Blizz is USA company, capitalism mate. If someone wanted to pay you more (investor perspective) would you say no?

Do you know how much it costs to keep the servers up?

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I don't quite understand your point here.
    To make myself clear, if you pay your sub through ingame Gold:
    1: Blizzard gets 7€ more per sub
    2: You pay through the time invested for making that Gold
    3: You lose out on other things ro buy (including real life money through conversion of tokens or "other means")
    1. So they claim - but I dont care, I dont pay it. If others are willing to spend money to get ingame golds, good for them.
    2. Time I would invest anyway, I play this game because I like it .
    3. I dont think so. Can you give me an example of what I lose out on? I dont pay money, I play as I like.

I am not trying to be obtuse, I am simply very confused why you claim I pay money when I dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Except, EA's service is not the cost of 10-15 Euro
    ?

https://www.origin.com/fra/en-us/store/origin-access

15euros per month or 100 per year for Origin Premier, 4 per month or 25 per year for Basic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Gamepass, EA Access, Ubisoft's whatever its called. Hell Gamepass is getting PSO2 with no monthly fee with Gamepass. Blizzard should bare minimum make all their games on their launcher available with the sub to WoW.

Also Canadian it is 20$ a month.
    Only gamepass I know about is for console, as for EA and Ubisoft, not worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ?

https://www.origin.com/fra/en-us/store/origin-access

15euros per month or 100 per year for Origin Premier, 4 per month or 25 per year for Basic.
    Not worth it. Not with the history I've been experiencing with them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Because it's a legacy game that required minimal development to be set up and doesn't require to invest into future development, so paying the full price only for that would be a rip-off.
    And you know the costs Blizzard makes because... ?
    I think wading through old source code and remaking the old (more complex) world can actually be quite complicated. And (as I said) servers have to be maintained, helpdesk employees payed, there will be bugs to adress... I doubt your picture is realistic.

All besides the point that we dont set the price .

Its not like they will ever lower it, they might not raise it higher. Its too much but lowering it will tell to people we dont think our game is worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Only gamepass I know about is for console, as for EA and Ubisoft, not worth it.

Gamepass is available on PC already and will be upgraded in October to play xcloud titles which makes all the games available on XBOX available on PC, oh it also lets you stream your xbox console over the internet too.

Regardless, looking at it objectively it is a low value for what you pay for. Even FF14 is a better deal with what you get for what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Yes, I´ve seen a fair amount of People claiming that they "dont support blizzards Shitshow in any way" and that blizzard should not be getting any money for WoW, yet play it with Tokens.
    Yes, that statement is unfounded at best. But even if Blizzard takes care to make it a cost winning feature, those of us who buy tokens without buying gold dont pay real life money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yes... Many can't seem to grasp basic economics and say "but I didn't spend money lol". The thinking stops at their own wallet.

The genius at blizzard who came up with the idea of token being worth more than a sub should get a raise tenfold. They literally made "suck it Blizzard" people give them more support. It's beautiful.
    Why would anyone think beyond our own wallet? There is nothing morally objective about this system. It just depend on people willing to pay a lot more to get gold, than it takes to raise it. If anyone can be called silly, its the people willing to pay a lot to get ingame gold. How smart of Blizzard to find that peopel accept this gap.

People who just buy gametime using ingame gold are fine, nothing silly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    13 Euro is nothing these days.
    Thats not the point you fucking idiot!

I am lol'ing at the real posts people are making in this thread... like wow. If you really are debating if $15 dollars is a lot of money you need to spend your time perfecting a trade skill or getting an education or something and not WOW.

Its how free markets work.. if the demand is there you can charge whatever for it as long as demand is there. If people dont want to pay $15 then don't its that simple. Use your 15 bucks on whatever you deem worthy.

Some may say Amazon prime membership is a ripoff too but id pay more than what they charge because i deem it worth my money to not spend hours and hours going to the store to get simple sh*t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yes... Many can't seem to grasp basic economics and say "but I didn't spend money lol". The thinking stops at their own wallet.

The genius at blizzard who came up with the idea of token being worth more than a sub should get a raise tenfold. They literally made "suck it Blizzard" people give them more support. It's beautiful.
    How come people can't fathom the token?

Player A has token, needs gold.
    Player B has gold, needs game time.
    Blizzard gives them a safe chance to trade it.

Before the token, it was still going on, but with game time codes and hacking, and scamming.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    Ok, what you get for 'only pocket money' from parents is my full time monthly salary.
    My wife got even less.
    We need to keep up a family from it. Just think about it.

That 20 Euro netto/hour is a dream salary most of the people (80-90%) here, only the company owners and some extra have more than that.
    Lot of us getting around 1K Euro or even less per month.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly not, prices are set for the whole Region, not by countries.
    Thank you the suggestion :-)
    That is too bad for you, indeed. Still, so you must pay 13 euros per month but can play unlimited time. Sounds like a good investment (huge bang for buck) to me.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    but there is no way its a 15 euro service ;- ) maybe you should get help to cure your addiction :P

and i know people pay it i just want to know what justifies people to accept 15euro sub for a 15year old game.
    mostly answer so far were:

you have serious problems if you cant afford 13euro
    or
    people pay it deal with it

i ask for the reason.
    I made a topic about this a few months ago. There were like 1-3 replies I believe trying to make sense out of it. If you're willing to dig through the replies... https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...st-for-classic I believe that didn't fully answer it but it might get you somewhere?

Also someone made a poll around the time when I made this topic. Quite a few voted for a separate (obviously lower priced?) classic sub, but I don't know if that wouldn't be enough to consider a separate (lower priced?) sub.

With all respect, I wouldn't expect too much from this community.

7+ Year Old Account
    If 13 euros is too much, you could do like a lot of other people and buy a token? Paying your gametime with gold isn't exactly that difficult and if you try, even with the worse gold gathering methods, you can easily get the token money in a week.

Also video game is not a necessity. You are not entitled to having it, nor does your living depend on it. If you struggle paying 13 euros a month for a form of entertainment, maybe you shouldn't even consider buying a luxury product. I mean, my husband works at a minimum job (of the field he's currently at, which is a low-end field, nothing fancy. One of those where you don't need an education to qualify.) and I'm studying. With some prioritizing and saving we can both afford our gametimes etc. But this is all strictly after we've calculated our expenses and all. If there was a moment when I knew it would be too much for our wallet, of course we'd just not pay gametime until the situation is better.

Rather than demanding the companies to change their pricing, if you can't afford something that's a luxury product, maybe just.. don't buy it until you have a better financial situation?

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Just from an objective standpoint it is too much if you take away any love for the franchises and emotional attachment to the digital heroine and compare with similar services, Blizzard is stealing from you is basically what it comes down to.

- - - Updated - - -

They will follow suit, I know at least 10 people personally who agree that it is too much to ask for what they give you compared to the other services. Hell Nintendo Online is a better bang for your buck and that is sad.
    Blizzard is not stupid. If they can make more money in some other way then they would. If they make the most with the current rate then thats why they aren't lowering it. It is very, very simple econimics and the people at Blizzard knows this much better than you or your "friends". Trust me.

Without reading the thread I'm going to guess people are wheeling out the tired old "but it's only X pennies a day" argument, which ignores the relative value of the cost of playing WoW compared to the cost of playing other games. WoW is one of the most expensive games you can play, full stop. It costs over £100 a year to play at its cheapest option excluding the box price. PSN Plus is £34.99 per year at its cheapest option and you get 2 games a month, plus exclusive discounts on other games. I still play WoW on and off, but let's not pretend it's great value compared to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Blizzard is not stupid. If they can make more money in some other way then they would. If they make the most with the current rate then thats why they aren't lowering it. It is very, very simple econimics and the people at Blizzard knows this much better than you or your "friends". Trust me.
    That is fine but they lost my money and I have been with them for a long ass time, if they want me back they need a freemium version of WoW with cut backs, and mark my words it is coming.

That is fine but they lost my money and I have been with them for a long ass time, if they want me back they need a freemium version of WoW with cut backs, and mark my words it is coming.
    Overall, I really don't think they care about your sub. Going free to play has doomed quite a few other games (but saved some) and Blizzard is not even close to that stage with WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also if they charge 15 Euros all over EU, they obviously don't care that it means something entirely different for the average person in Romania or Germany.
    No, they don't.