Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The people in this thread actually angry over all the gold sinks gives me a hearty chuckle... Like, they're literally mad!

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-06-11 at 02:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind more lucrative mission tables again, the feature is basically worthless at this point.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    one half screams how there's to much gold in the game and when they try to remove it, it's bad too.
    I understand it though.

It is really going to depend what they do the next expac I think. The auction house is dead on most servers and ways to passively make gold don't really exist anymore. Right now the only option is carries, and since I personally can't stand mythic+, or PVP in this game it really isn't a option for me.

I can literally say beyond the first few months of the xpac I have made no profit and have just been hovering at the 7 million gold mark.. thankfully I am not a mount collector or that would be gone.

These gold sinks, are a way to try and eliminate that 1% (in regards to gold), while most people have maybe what a few hundred thousand gold spread across their accounts?
    Last edited by Maneo; 2019-06-11 at 01:03 PM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Yeah I have thought about this to, its an interesting topic. When I first heard about the big boi going for 5 million gold, I thought that would be a one time thing and a cool mount to get for those who rake that amount of gold.

Since then I have seen more and more mounts going for rather high prices, all the while its not getting easier to craft & sell stuff. Like, I have had enchanting for years. I could always make steady gold from it. Always alot in the start of a tier, less and less as time went on.

But now in BfA? damn, enchants sell for nothing on AH. ITs not even worth bothering farming/buying mats to make & sell enchants. The only way I can obtain some gold is to farm world quests for emissary and I cant do that everyday.

In every xpac I have been able to obtain decent amount of money without really focusing alot on it. When something expensive was in the game that I wanted, I saved up gold to buy it. But now? Its starting to get urealistic. We are talking a long ass time getting the gold required for many mounts.

I think all of this boils down to the tokens. People can just buy tokens, sell on AH. Rake in gold. I have been tempted to buy tokens several times just for gold, but so far so good. I believe theres enough people that does just that, so Blizzard can boost the prices on the mounts. Sell tokens for real money, people get lots of gold, buys expensive mounts. Keep pumping in high price mounts. GG lots and lots of easy money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I understand it though.

It is really going to depend what they do the next expac I think. The auction house is dead on most servers and ways to passively make gold don't really exist anymore. Right now the only option is carries, and since I personally can't stand mythic+, or PVP in this game it really isn't a option for me.

I can literally say beyond the first few months of the xpac I have made no profit and have just been hovering at the 7 million gold mark.. thankfully I am not a mount collector or that would be gone.

These gold sinks, are a way to try and eliminate that 1% (in regards to gold), while most people have maybe what a few hundred thousand gold spread across their accounts?
    I dont float alot of gold, but in previous xpacs I did make gold from different proffs if and when I wanted too. The stuff that I can make and sell on AH now sells for nothing and is not worth my time at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there are an insane amount of gold sinks compared to what a player with a regular playtime can possibly achieve.

A few examples are the 5million mount, the 333k frog mounts, a direhorn for 500k, a pet for 100k and prolly alot more I missed. Not to mention stuff on the AH. And alot of people are in my situation, missing the 2mil spider mount and everything else from that vendor from legion etc. I miss vendor stuff for 10million total and I have almost everything...

And I buy a wow token every other mount, so my income is about 1million per year, so in 10 years I can finish Legion+BFA...

I think it comes down to the expectation of being able to buy mounts etc by just "playing the game" that was introduced in WoD and Legion. I've lost a ton of gold in BfA due to raid consumables and buying some random stuff (probably -400k or so), but I also haven't been trying to make any money either. I think the gold rewards for missions and WQs could be a tad bit higher, but I don't mind gold being harder to come by than previous expansions either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well while you definitely do not make as much gold as before, I can't say that gold making is impossible. For instance I started the expansion sitting comfortably on 6.5M gold - bought the long boi, bought the 500k dino, then in 8.1.5 had to buy mats for the 415 ring a couple of times, so I eventually dropped down to 50k gold (which felt really, really bad compared to having 6.5M haha). Since then I've stopped re-rolling the ring, and I've just kept doing my 4 daily WQs across all alts, while selling the runes I get from the mission table, and 6-7 lariboles I get from the JC item. So I'm back to 1.5M gold at the moment, and I'm sitting on about 20 paragon boxes on all chars (waiting for 8.2), which is another 80k-100k. The gold making atm is about 3.6 Roentgen - not great, not terrible... ;-)
    Last edited by GhostlyBG; 2019-06-11 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    If you want a void talon, join the Secret Finder Discord. They give them away sometimes.

I would never ever trust anyone selling one of those. It's basically impossible to guarantee it.
    Oh I am in that discord, but problem is that its gone in 11 sec's, and you need like...well...a set-up of CRZ crap. Discord channels Im not gonna name here, are selling void talon for like 800k, but Im not gonna agree to their terms, even if they can spam me with their useal "rep" of formor buyers. Wish I could just get a proper boost, and then I'll gladly pay the price...2-5 million depending on the service level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I love that half the people in this thread are suggesting selling raid runs or camping the auction house.

Yeah, let me just sell raid runs (something only the 1% can do) to people that bought gold illegally.

Let me also just camp the auction house, (something that only the 1% can do, and only 1-2 people per server, as well) for hours every day, months on end, just to grind out enough gold for a single one of those gold sink mounts.

Like, lets just look at how ridiculous the gold problem actually is.

If you don't AFK in the auction house all day and you don't sell runs in a super shady unintended way, you can make, maybe, a grand total of 5-10k gold per hour. Thats 5-10k and its from doing emissaries while collecting herbs.

Everything else is far below it and everything above it requires an army of alts, requires a monopoly on a market or requires a massive infrastructure of boosting.

When i used to boost in WOD i could earn hundreds of thousands per month. If i didn't boost, i'd get maybe 20k per month (Excuse me for not having 12 characters all maxed, all with a max garrison that takes 100+ hours of investment in order to get a return on)

I can't imagine how trash it is making a new account as a new player and struggling to even get a mid tier mount like a crimson deathcharger - a mount that used to be 30k-50k gold, just a bit more than a sandstone drake.

Its now 500k. Fucking what.

- - - Updated - - -

Just farm for months for a recoloured griffon bro
    I like post like this one, just means that I have less competetion on AH play Camp AH rofl...I just re-log, scan the undercut, re-post...2-3 times a day. Then I re-craft items every 2-3 days.

People who think you haft to camp the AH to make gold...I kinda feel like making a new clickbait YT video "How I make millions in BFA", last video I did where I showed my very hard and complicated 24/7 camp method (Irony) didnt get any traction, even through its what many people clearly needs to see.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    So I'm sure this is news to nobody but basically there's been a huge inflation in cost for various things, vendor mounts for example now cost hundreds of thousands or millions of gold, and there's literally no way to make that kind of money in battle for azeroth. Nothing is worth anything. Gathering profs are worth nothing because the auction house is flooded with mats already, leveling a char 110-120 and selling everything along the way nets you maybe 2k at best, the gold from the mission table is absolute trash, etc. The only way to make gold now really is to be in a guild that sells mythic runs, being someone who spends all their time working the AH, or buying game tokens. The majority of people sitting on massive reserves of gold made it in legion and if you didn't make a ton of gold in legion you're kinda just shit out of luck.

I'm not saying everyone should be able to afford a 5 million dollar mount but there's literally no way for an average player to make anywhere near that, even these 90k rep mounts are out of reach for most people. It's beginning to parallel the irl economy at this point lol.
    Unfortunately the economy has been non-existant and inflated beyond realism since WoD. You know If you were one of the few that played during WoD, had multiple alts with the garrisons at level 3, had mission tables running everyday, you could literally make all of the gold In the world + you could use alot of It to buy the then 35k gold costing wow tokens that released later on during the expansion to get 1 year+ of sub time for essentially free.

Ever since that time, the economy has been shit. In my opinion, they saw the downfall of WoD long before and used these table missions combined with the wow token coming out to have at least -some- people stay for free. Because If you paid attention to what people said anywhere, a lot of them would say (And still do say to this day) that they wouldn't be playing the game If It cost them a sub as It's not worth It, but because they use wow tokens with gold they've made they're alright.

That, is the worst kind of thing you can possibly imagine, your players sticking around just because It's free. I'd gladly pay a sub for a game that deserves It, I'd be assured for the most part anyyway, that quality content will be on It's way, I can be sure of that with Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy 14 as many other players would be, but not WoW, SWTOR, LOTRO or other games In my opinion deserve my sub, but WoW hasn't deserved my sub for at least 8+ years.... and I'm still dumb enough to give It to them unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    You start your title with "no way to make gold", then list 3 ways how to do exactly that.

But yes, you need to find something you're GOOD at in order to sell the service to order people and make gold, it's been like this for ages. (And prices for said services only follow the gold inflation so they were higher in WoD/Legion).

And there's plenty of ways to provide boosting content without being in a 20-men mythic guild:
    * Mythic+ dungeon boosts (these weill generally even give you a higher gold income than raids if you do them efficiently)
    * Leveling boosts
    * PvP rating or Conquest Cap boosts
    * Island AP cap boosts

Just because you choose to not do any of these does not mean there is "no way to make gold".
    So what your saying is there's ways to make gold, but It involves boosting people? Im sure that's healthy, especially when people can do boosting for real money which is illegal in Blizzard's eyes.

So rather than, well, lets pretend proffesions used to be useful, you could make heroic-dungeon level gear with them (And pretend there's no mythic dungeon tier here) and sell that for a good price all the time, or even better we could have player housing and we could have a new proffesion that revolves around gathering materials from all other proffesions to make furniture and things for said house. So rather than this, the most typical RPG way of making gold....... you want people to buy fudging boosts to make money? Are you seriously nuts mate?

An economy doesn't revolve around "Boosting" people and lowbies, what's the point? You boost them to get better gear to... get more better gear and then they also get more gold to then buy mounts? So Is the WoW economy surrounding large costing mounts? I remember when such mounts were a cute thing to have not a must-grind, like in Dalaran in Wrath that mammoth mount(s)
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

world of warcraft is developed like eve online is these days,economy wise,its designed for whales cos blizz no these guys will spend lots of money in the game,go see how eve is doing,its slowly going under.when devs design a game round a small fraction of the player base,there is only one outcome,slow death.

Gold sinks were needed. There is too much gold in the market, being back the days of reasonable numbers where having 20k was considered a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Carrying people through content shouldnt be THE main source of revenue. Professions should be a major economic force in any MMO, I dont know how Blizzard screwed that up so badly but here we are.
    How did they screw it up?

1. Everyone makes the same item, and resources are infinite.
    2. Profession items suck balls for both the profession holder, and the buyer.

They need to get off this idea that every item should be the same. They should have variance in the item itself, so that someone who has put in more time to crafting and getting better at crafting, can make superior items through a partially RNG interactive system.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    All mounts function 100% the same, paying gold for cosmetics is not the end of the world.

Not many bought gold from Blizz(aka moving gold from players) during Legion, as the token price surged hard (from 116K to 360k EU)

Since BfA however, token price has been steady.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-06-11 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think Blizz might be doing this intentionally so that over time the amount of gold supply in the economy is reduced.
    with the wow tokens is there any chance of that actually happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Solo old raids (WoD and before). Each WoD raid can be ran 3 times (4 if you count LFR), and drops ~1-2k gold (depending on weapon drops) per run. MoP is a bit lower (Only SoO can be ran 4 times, the other 5 can only be ran twice), with SoO/ToT giving ~1k per run (Far more if you get one of the rare pets), and the first 3 giving roughly 500 (Somewhat more depending on server if you get the more common pets).

Cata and down gives ~500 gold per raid. Of course, more if you get any pets.
    I want to farm HFC but can't get passed the first boss. Blizz should nerf.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    How did they screw it up?

1. Everyone makes the same item, and resources are infinite.
    2. Profession items suck balls for both the profession holder, and the buyer.

They need to get off this idea that every item should be the same. They should have variance in the item itself, so that someone who has put in more time to crafting and getting better at crafting, can make superior items through a partially RNG interactive system.
    Im criticizing the entire crafting system not the current one. BC professions and to a lesser degree Wrath brought you MASSIVE income, you could just profession all day every day and just drown in gold if thats the only game you wanted to play. Now the entire system is damn near pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by CasCrow View Post
    I want to farm HFC but can't get passed the first boss. Blizz should nerf.
    Only Mythic HFC first boss is hard, but easy doable if you're an affliction warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    So I'm sure this is news to nobody but basically there's been a huge inflation in cost for various things, vendor mounts for example now cost hundreds of thousands or millions of gold, and there's literally no way to make that kind of money in battle for azeroth. Nothing is worth anything. Gathering profs are worth nothing because the auction house is flooded with mats already, leveling a char 110-120 and selling everything along the way nets you maybe 2k at best, the gold from the mission table is absolute trash, etc. The only way to make gold now really is to be in a guild that sells mythic runs, being someone who spends all their time working the AH, or buying game tokens. The majority of people sitting on massive reserves of gold made it in legion and if you didn't make a ton of gold in legion you're kinda just shit out of luck.

I'm not saying everyone should be able to afford a 5 million dollar mount but there's literally no way for an average player to make anywhere near that, even these 90k rep mounts are out of reach for most people. It's beginning to parallel the irl economy at this point lol.
    I have also had a hard time making gold this expansion, so I can no longer afford to pay my sub with gold. But the only big gold sink I see is potions and flasks for raiding, and only if you use them all the time. Nobody forces you to buy mounts that you don't need. I'm sure you have several dozen serviceable mounts already.

There's nothing wrong with there being expensive things that not everyone can get.

The most gold I've made this expansion is by selling raid BoEs. Most of the time selling them is more profitable than wearing them. I don't get a lot of them, but they tend to sell pretty well early in the tier, and you could farm BoEs if you wish to. It's not particularly hard to kill trash, even mythic trash. It's just pretty boring to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Wouldn't mind more lucrative mission tables again, the feature is basically worthless at this point.
    You may well have me to thank for that, I'm the guy that started the 50+ page thread in the BFA alpha forums titled something like "Stop giving us free mission gold!". Boy oh boy, people didn't like that thread.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy (and to this day, really surprised) they listened.

Anyway, the WoW economy is hyperinflated, and it does need massive gold sinks, and doing it progressively is the correct approach. I just think they need to offer something other than cosmetics to get rich dudes like me to open our wallets. My favorite idea is this.

1) Add a vendor to the game, selling 3 unique, very cool-looking BoE mounts for 1 million gold apiece.
    2) Tell players the vendor will be removed from the game in 60 days and those mounts will never, ever, be purchasable or obtainable again by any means.
    3) There is no #3, that's it.

This will cause all the rich people to buy the mounts and hoard them, because prices on awesome looking no longer obtainable mounts will inevitably increase over time and they'll make a profit. That's good, because when you buy something at a vendor that money leaves the game permanently. And basically, problem solved. If inflation becomes a problem again tell the artists to cook up 3 cool-ass mounts and do it again.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-06-11 at 03:18 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I made a million gold without trying that hard (got dead boring mind) in cata just from buying ore and prospecting gems. Sold good ones and made jewellery with the shit ones to disenchant and sell the mats. Where is that kind of synergy now?