Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is the WoW token price rising so dramatically in EU?

My mother told me it shot from 180k to 205k today? Anything happening? Anything releasing?

Could be a few reasons. Token prices tend to rise in the weeks leading up to a patch as well as interest in wow classic.

I expect prices to shot up rather drastically early august as people "cash out" of live.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Could be a few reasons. Token prices tend to rise in the weeks leading up to a patch as well as interest in wow classic.

I expect prices to shot up rather drastically early august as people "cash out" of live.
    But patch release date hasn't been announced yet? Seems so random for it to happen today.

Quote Originally Posted by Soy Beans View Post
    But patch release date hasn't been announced yet? Seems so random for it to happen today.
    May have not been announced to you....but maybe internally. Just like the stock market, things tend to dramatically adjust just before the actual news hits.

If it goes up, that means what...... less in the economy. If the price goes down, well it's cause people are undcutting because they can't sell at the current price.

It's not a new concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    If it goes up, that means what...... less in the economy. If the price goes down, well it's cause people are undcutting because they can't sell at the current price.

It's not a new concept.
    Under-cutting doesn't apply to tokens that I know of.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account

It's not a new concept.
    you cant undercut fixed prices

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

It’s going with the price of the stock market.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Supply/demand.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Interesting. I thought you could at least determine the value of your token, since you paid money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    May have not been announced to you....but maybe internally. Just like the stock market, things tend to dramatically adjust just before the actual news hits.
    How would that have an effect on the WoW token? Especially just today and especially to that extent? This is the sort of thing that happens when something is released, whether WoW-related or another game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Supply/demand.
    Yeah. Which means there's a higher demand today. Which means there is a reason for that demand. Usually that is when something new releases. Patch comes out, people come back, they buy tokens. Mount comes out, people want it, people buy tokens. I wanna know what the reason for the higher demand is. There always is a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be they're starting to "lose" the supply of tokens from the people who bought gold for 8.1 or artificially raising the cost slightly in anticipation of people coming back for 8.2/ just before as prep.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Which means there's a higher demand today. Which means there is a reason for that demand. Usually that is when something new releases. Patch comes out, people come back, they buy tokens. Mount comes out, people want it, people buy tokens. I wanna know what the reason for the higher demand is. There always is a reason.
    Could be less tokens put up for sale as well as demand being the same it has always been, who's to say, only blizz.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Interesting. I thought you could at least determine the value of your token, since you paid money for it.
    you do, buy buying them at a given price. You'll always get what the "current Value" of a token is at the time of purchase. Don't know if you'll get more if the price rises, but I know you wont get less if the price drops.

How would that have an effect on the WoW token? Especially just today and especially to that extent? This is the sort of thing that happens when something is released, whether WoW-related or another game.

- - - Updated - - -

gold price going up means people were buyying tokens with gold.

some people may just be cashing out today in wait for classic.

really token prices can sky rocket with only a few people, someone cashes out like 10,0000,000 gold and suddenly the token sky rockets. cost
    mgiht be something about STILL no 8.2 release date, when 8.2 feels like it has been needed for a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like any market analysis people will have opinions about why markets move the way they do. I'm not really certain that token market analysis has moved beyond speculation about why things happen. It's often not just one reason either. If you look at the graphs at https://wowtoken.info/ there are all kinds of spikes.

The WoWToken.Info twitter feed is pretty interesting if you're into this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's not a new concept.
    You cannot undercut the price of tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    you do, buy buying them at a given price. You'll always get what the "current Value" of a token is at the time of purchase. Don't know if you'll get more if the price rises, but I know you wont get less if the price drops.
    You do not get more. You get the price when you posted the token regardless of what happens with the price after that..

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Like any market analysis people will have opinions about why markets move the way they do. I'm not really certain that token market analysis has moved beyond speculation about why things happen.
    Another dumb response by you. It has very obvious effects. A new game releases, the price shoots up. "I don't know what this means."

Jesus Christ.

15+ Year Old Account
    People wanted to buy a subscription with a token to be eligible for a beta invite.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Could be less tokens put up for sale as well as demand being the same it has always been, who's to say, only blizz.
    I think this is quite likely. With no new announcements and no real reason to buy tokens to get gold it would seem reasonable the supply of tokens being bought with IRL money being slowly (or quickly) depleted. To be fair I am quite surprised the token prices haven't gone up faster yet, since I don't see anything in the game that you would need to spend money on.