Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What happens if N’Zoth is freed?

You see the truth now, don’t you, Heroes? Every move you’ve made has been according to my will. That lumbering dwarf believed you could save Azeroth by empowering your shiny little heart, the gift of a sleeping titan. Yes, a titan’s heart was exactly what was needed, not to heal the world, but to shatter the prison of a god. Such delicious irony, the diamond king has been made a pawn.

Alright so the HoA will be used to free N’Zoth. Let’s say he is freed. What happens next? We know they’re buried so deep that if they’re pulled out it’ll kill Azeroth. Will he corrupt her and turn her into a Void Titan ? Will Sylvanas save the day with Xalatath ?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

He brings back Ny'alotha and we will have a whole expansion in that giant old city/continent.

While certainly weakened by Sargeras, I can't see Azeroth succumbing to the Void the moment N'zoth is free. I imagine we'd just have to defeat and imprison him again.

I really wish Sylvannas and all those that believed in her whole plan finally get what they deserve losing their free will to an old God and become his puppets ready to be killed and looted by the rest of Azeroth. I would be the complete irony.

He is probably going to visit his mother, after all those years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I really wish Sylvannas and all those that believed in her whole plan finally get what they deserve losing their free will to an old God and become his puppets ready to be killed and looted by the rest of Azeroth. I would be the complete irony.
    What is dead may never die but rises again harder and stronger. FOR THE GLORY OF THE DARK LADY!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

The Ruler to Rule all Worlds shall plunge the boy king and all of Stormwind into the deep! ALL HAIL N'ZOTH!

My hope?

He affects the entire world, leading to another revamp of 1-60 (perhaps with the 80-85 zones included), making EK and Kalimdor the scene for the expansion.

What I believe will happen? We'll get a new continent, same as always, no major impact on anything else outside of that continent.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We get another world boss
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

He blackmails us to his service holding Azeroth itself as hostage or "takes over" our free will. We then get an expansion where we're all villains. Loot our faction cities, kill heroes and leaders from both factions, fight along side the old god minions, bring creatures into our service (sounds edgy, but if you think about it, we're already doing this king of stuff, just that the npcs we're fighting are designated as evil. Reskin them and we're basically the baddies).

In the end we somehow betray him and gain our freedom, but we're left as outcast heroes/wandering adventurers with a stained past (which would explain how you go from general of your faction in wod and order leader in legion to a random nobody helping peasants for some extra gold).

1. Lich King Bolvar with Kel'Thuzad in tow and the scourge join forces with the Horde and Alliance and kill N'Zoth.
    2. Bolvar dies in the battle.
    3. Sylvanas takes the Helm of Domination and puts it on her head becoming the Lich Queen.
    4. Sylvanas is no longer warchief and now leads the scourge.
    5. Instead of a war between the Lich Queen and the Alliance/Horde, its a plot twist! The Ethereals show up and warn of incoming void threat.
    6. Everyone sets off to the shattered remains of K'aresh to fight the Void Army in 9.0.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Actually it's barely an inconvenience, we get like 20 dudes with epics and send him back to sleep.

Serious answer: it's going to bite N'Zoth in the ass. His whole gambit hinges on the player character being too proud to "lick the boots of kings". But is licking the boots of Old Gods that much different?
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2019-06-12 at 02:00 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhovanir View Post
    He blackmails us to his service holding Azeroth itself as hostage or "takes over" our free will. We then get an expansion where we're all villains. Loot our faction cities, kill heroes and leaders from both factions, fight along side the old god minions, bring creatures into our service (sounds edgy, but if you think about it, we're already doing this king of stuff, just that the npcs we're fighting are designated as evil. Reskin them and we're basically the baddies).

In the end we somehow betray him and gain our freedom, but we're left as outcast heroes/wandering adventurers with a stained past (which would explain how you go from general of your faction in wod and order leader in legion to a random nobody helping peasants for some extra gold).
    Now this would be an interesting outcome. But would Blizzard have the balls, or even the ability to pull it off?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    My hope?

He affects the entire world, leading to another revamp of 1-60 (perhaps with the 80-85 zones included), making EK and Kalimdor the scene for the expansion.

What I believe will happen? We'll get a new continent, same as always, no major impact on anything else outside of that continent.
    I'd be all for that too, with giant tentacles sprouting out of EK and Kalimdor, faceless ones everywhere, essentially hell on Earth save for some zones, but the boring ones definitely deserve Old God infestation aesthetics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Alright so the HoA will be used to free N’Zoth. Let’s say he is freed. What happens next? We know they’re buried so deep that if they’re pulled out it’ll kill Azeroth. Will he corrupt her and turn her into a Void Titan ? Will Sylvanas save the day with Xalatath ?
    What do we do if N'zoth is freed? We kill him. We killed C'thun without any *real* idea of what we would be facing. Why will N'zoth, the weakest of the Old Gods, be any different, especially considering we are much more informed now (and have multiple dead Old Gods under our belt)?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    He brings back Ny'alotha and we will have a whole expansion in that giant old city/continent.
    An entire expansion? Unlikely. This will be another Argus situation where it's just not enough; it might make for a good Patch 8.3 or 8.4 and the final raid of BFA. I don't think WoW can survive another expansion if they don't straighten out BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    An entire expansion? Unlikely. This will be another Argus situation where it's just not enough; it might make for a good Patch 8.3 or 8.4 and the final raid of BFA. I don't think WoW can survive another expansion if they don't straighten out BFA.
    i mean we really don't know... It could be like Pandaria with mulitple sub regions no one ever really thought about with some varous story arcs all going on OR be a singular region we navigate in some contrived rushed mess of content.

At this stage we really just don't know... besides we're kind of off any expected rails since Argus was previously thoguht to be something like the last expansion... but that was a very old list someone dug out of nowhere that somehow had some similarity to what actually came to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Actually it's barely an inconvenience, we get like 20 dudes with epics and send him back to sleep.

Serious answer: it's going to bite N'Zoth in the ass. His whole gambit hinges on the player character being too proud to "lick the boots of kings". But is licking the boots of Old Gods that much different?
    Unless you want to be the bitch of Baine or Anduin, then yes N'zoth or even zombie Arthas is better
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Well, we've seen a victorious N'Zoth will grow out to be:

With all his competitors defeated and his bindings undone, N'Zoth can grow unfettered, and envelop Azeroth in his choking essence and tendrils, to throw the world and its soul into darkness.

He'll probably have his schemes to deal with us, Azeroth's immune system. But I expect far larger moves from him than the Gods we've faced so far, have been capable of. This is an Old God, unrestrained.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Well, we've seen a victorious N'Zoth will grow out to be:

With all his competitors defeated and his bindings undone, N'Zoth can grow unfettered, and envelop Azeroth in his choking essence and tendrils, to throw the world and its soul into darkness.

He'll probably have his schemes to deal with us, Azeroth's immune system. But I expect far larger moves from him than the Gods we've faced so far, have been capable of. This is an Old God, unrestrained.
    Maybe he'll plunge two tentacles deep into Azeroth, as opposed to Sargeras only getting one sword in. Not like anyone expected much of Sargeras.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*