Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    1. Remove the off-topic discussion forums. Why? It's become highly polarized and clearly political, populated by what I feel is disingenuous parties. Commonly discussing topics in bad faith, providing clearly incorrect information, or posting in a manner that masks their true opinions. To be blunt, many of them dance around their racism, sexism, and general intolerance without calling a spade a spade.

2. If you can't remove political discussion entirely, I would like to request a more formal stance against right-wing political posters, commonly found participating in threads that bait topics regarding sexism, racism, and other forms of general intolerance.

I want to see these forums move more back towards the center with the extremist elements removed. It's very frustrating coming here to see the top 5 most recent posts all about politics on the main page, and the thread housing handfuls of extremists views. These threads often reach 40+ pages of idiots arguing with each other.
    As long as we are removing people how about the blatant Communists and Chinese propagandists antifa and hard core anti capitalism people are banned too. Look at Gilrak, Elba, sarahtasher, Kangodo for examples.

Sorry if one of the people I named reply to me. I won't notice since I ignored you.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-06-12 at 03:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a complete review of the moderation system is the bare minimum that needs to occur, there's quite a history of power abuse from certain moderators alongside complaints about said moderators being entirely ignored.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Can we shut down the off topic forums that became personal blog posts of a few weirdos over the years now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyres View Post
    Couple of questions is Magic Find a Chinesee spyware/data harvesting company and will something finally be done about all the general and politics forums being a major cesspool of racism and trolls?
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    i second that.
    1. Remove the off-topic discussion forums. Why? It's become highly polarized and clearly political, populated by what I feel is disingenuous parties. Commonly discussing topics in bad faith, providing clearly incorrect information, or posting in a manner that masks their true opinions. To be blunt, many of them dance around their racism, sexism, and general intolerance without calling a spade a spade.

2. If you can't remove political discussion entirely, I would like to request a more formal stance against right-wing political posters, commonly found participating in threads that bait topics regarding sexism, racism, and other forms of general intolerance.

I want to see these forums move more back towards the center with the extremist elements removed. It's very frustrating coming here to see the top 5 most recent posts all about politics on the main page, and the thread housing handfuls of extremists views. These threads often reach 40+ pages of idiots arguing with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    Are we going to do anything about the far-right paid posters?
    The amount of people asking to get new mods and close the off-topic forums gives me a bit of hope that I wasn't the only one sick of seeing the non-sense posted there.

This is clearly a moderation issue, as I feel the mods are allowing these extreme elements and opinions to exist on their board, because of their own beliefs place their neutrality in jeopardy. I'm happy I wasn't the only one seeing this as an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Suggestions?

Get rid of the damn trolls. We have so many bad-faith shitposters in here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Make Off-topic threads not show on the front page, would be a good start.
    I suggest you start using the filters or the ignore user function to stop seeing the recent thread activities being clogged up by the usual suspects that you've got a problem with. Try it sometime, it's refreshing to see your actions make a difference to your own user-experience. A lot of people use the forum and many only to vent without looking to debate their opinion. You don't have to bother with them if you don't want to, others can and will, they're often without principle and easily put in place/told off when wrong.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I imagine a full re-design of the website will occur. Mobile friendly and all that.

Honestly, I would love it if it was easier to apply to be a mod, I worked on Diablo-fans for over 12 years, and I wanted to continue working for the curse team, but I just do not have enough time to come to the forums and post every day in order to get enough posts within a certain time period

So MMO was sold to Curse and now Curse sold to MagicFind? Is that how it worked or did I miss something over the years. Not that I was paying any attention really to the wheeling and dealing of this particular site.

Considering the link to MagicFind from the founders post on Hearthpwn gives me a 404 error and I can't seem to find anything about it, I'm really curious to know more about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Honestly, I would love it if it was easier to apply to be a mod, I worked on Diablo-fans for over 12 years, and I wanted to continue working for the curse team, but I just do not have enough time to come to the forums and post every day in order to get enough posts within a certain time period
    For most of the boards its between 50 and 100 posts in 90 days which only a few posts a week. Lower traffic boards have much lower requirements. It's basically just the bare minimum for us to judge people by and make sure they are quality posters before bringing them on the team.

That said, although moderating doesn't necessarily need to take a lot of time, if one doesn't have a time to make a few posts every few days, they probably don't have enough time to moderate. But if the time becomes available, we always welcome more help: https://www.mmo-champion.com/modapply.php

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

*prays for actual moderation*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    So MMO was sold to Curse and now Curse sold to MagicFind? Is that how it worked or did I miss something over the years. Not that I was paying any attention really to the wheeling and dealing of this particular site.
    MMOC was sold to MLG then to Curse then Twitch then Fandom and now Magic Find. The site has changed very little through those acquisitions because despite different parent companies the people actually running the site have stayed largely consistent.

Magic Find is good news for MMOC in the long run but it's probably not going to change the day to day for users very much.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I’d like to see more coverage of other MMO news outside of WoW to help fill those long gaps in real WoW “news”. Coverage of FFXIV or Elder Scrolls just to name a couple.
    id like to see that also

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    instead of focusing only on a decadent title maybe it's time to spread your roots to all MMOs and be the go-to place for news and information regarding the MMO genre, fitting of the name of the website.
    WoW is the champion of MMOs. MMO-Champion is a WoW site, and if it starts to dilute itself with other games and not give us the option to filter those out, I'd probably just stick to Reddit.

I would personally prefer tighter moderation, as in no more giving people more than 3 bans before permanently banning them. It's absolutely ridiculous we STILL have people whom get banned monthly or in the case of some certain individuals, twice a month being allowed to come back time and time again. Some people are incapable of learning from their mistakes and it's time they just be gone for good.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I’d like to see more coverage of other MMO news outside of WoW to help fill those long gaps in real WoW “news”. Coverage of FFXIV or Elder Scrolls just to name a couple.
    Dear Magic Find:
    *Do not do this.*

I'm convinced that people are being paid to say this, by Chinese spies.

Shut down OT or ban the Russian trolls. Take your pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark mode please.

And good on Fandom unloading it before Live comes down to Ion, Lore and their three friends playing it and saying how good it's gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    What is the official stance of Magic Find as regards communist, Antifa and marxist posters, and the moderators that love them?

Let's clarify this is satire of a few earlier posts, in case it's not clear. No, i don't want anything done to the accounts and posts of people i haven't met,what they think it's their own business :/ Just funny that the first thing that some wanted to ask is if we can get rid of stuff they hate.

Good luck with the site and the acquisition.
    First off just want to say I very heartened to see that BB is involved in some capacity and agree MMO-Champion should provide more coverage of other games.

But to your point, some of the stuff I see on the off-topic forum (and I only rarely peruse it) is some of the most racist, strident, vile and wholly inaccurate misleading stuff. I have seen very few intelligent and informed debates take place in these threads. Some of it is also likely the product of foreign and/or professional trolls actively trying to stir things up. In this day and age ALL technology companies or site owners should have the obligation to weed out such content (and, to be fair, it's not all right wing nuts).

The task of policing the site is monumental for a small company like Magic Find. The easiest solution, since it would apply equally to the trolls / left wing Marxists and right wing nut jobs is to eliminate the off-topic section altogether. There are more than enough other outlets for this form of expression besides a gaming site. And, personally, if I owned the site I would sleep better knowing I didn't contribute to the toxicity of public discourse and/or made a few extra dollars a year because I was an outlet for such vile content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    First off just want to say I very heartened to see that BB is involved in some capacity and agree MMO-Champion should provide more coverage of other games.

But to your point, some of the stuff I see on the off-topic forum (and I only rarely peruse it) is some of the most racist, strident, vile and wholly inaccurate misleading stuff. I have seen very few intelligent and informed debates take place in these threads. Some of it is also likely the product of foreign and/or professional trolls actively trying to stir things up. In this day and age ALL technology companies or site owners should have the obligation to weed out such content (and, to be fair, it's not all right wing nuts).

The task of policing the site is monumental for a small company like Magic Find. The easiest solution, since it would apply equally to the trolls / left wing Marxists and right wing nut jobs is to eliminate the off-topic section altogether. There are more than enough other outlets for this form of expression besides a gaming site. And, personally, if I owned the site I would sleep better knowing I didn't contribute to the toxicity of public discourse and/or made a few extra dollars a year because I was an outlet for such vile content.
    To answer this point directly, it's been directly addressed with the moderating team on many occasins, by many posters. That's a moderation discussion so I won't get into details on it. But I will put it simply like this: at fault is the forum moderation philosophy.

Part of the problem I think is the technology behind the site. It runs on vBulletin 4 which first came out in 2009. Guild websites run on more advanced software than vBulletin 4. Newer forum software has ways to block the spam accounts they have to manually clean up in addition to blocking banned Russian trolls. A technology upgrade would go a long way.

I hope the new owners will prove to be an opportunity to revamp the moderation approach and revamp the forum and bring them both to modern levels.

I still hope that site can become MMO-Champion instead of Blizzard-Champion. It's really hard to comprehend why some dead shit like HotS deserves it's own main page, while real MMOs at most get some mention in the end of big post about WoW and only about some big releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though