Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I still hope that site can become MMO-Champion instead of Blizzard-Champion. It's really hard to comprehend why some dead shit like HotS deserves it's own main page, while real MMOs at most get some mention in the end of big post about WoW and only about some big releases.
    i agree HotS is on life support . i rather see eso or something else lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moosensation View Post
    i agree HotS is on life support . i rather see eso or something else lol
    Well, not only it is on life support, it's not even MMO, same as Overwatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

People posting in Off Topic like it's their job!

Close it and send em back to reddit and facebook. They can post like it's their job there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free all the furries!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a dark mode as well

Does mean anything in regards to finally perma-banning known problems?
    Will we finally getting a selection of forums skins, because the answer of 'this is the only skin that could possibly look good' is just nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Make Off-topic threads not show on the front page, would be a good start.
    You know that there are forum filters that do just that?

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    As I said, it was satire of a few posts before mine that essentially wanted to use this announcement to get rid of what they see as political opponents. I really didn't want to post it, because it's cringe, but the first line is simply words replaced on an earlier post.

Professional trolls implies a wage for trolling. I doubt that exists here.
    Foreign trolls implies the website is not welcoming of international users. You get to comment on China and Russia here. They most surely see us as a bunch of foreign trolls too.
    Also, this site is not that relevant to push an agenda through paid trolling.

I know it's fun to think MMOC is this grand political arena, but the actual truth is in the Alexa placement. Anyone trolling this site for political gains is simply wasting their time and I really doubt these people exist other than in vivid imaginations. The OT/Politics is mostly the same discussion between 50 people or so at best.

Quite the small audience for election meddling.

Oh, and if you think this site is "stridently racist", you really have seen nothing. This site is quite well maintained and clean. All of the mainstream social media platforms are FAR more racist and toxic. Not even close.
    Couple of things

never said the site was stridently racist - I said some of the posts were...and if you don't think professional trolls are at work on more than just the main internet sites there's this classic example (also note Russian interference in the US election has been reported to throw out a lot of stuff to see what stuck / gained followers etc and these attempts were made on various platforms and forums).

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...erg(ook)/page3

one poster questions why a 2 day old account with 17 posts would start such a topic...led to a debate about obama being white and this classic racist post from Jingoism:

"Around the time we drop the white man's burden and stop babysitting brown people."

Took me about 2 minutes to find this thread. Absolutely nothing of value in it and nothing worth defending or making money off.

As I said, if you're such a champion of the freedom of expression (which you appear to be based on some of your other posts) there are ample other avenues and places for you, or anyone else, to express themselves. But the level of toxicity it brings to a gaming site isn't worth the time or effort especially considering most of these posts provide little or nothing of worth in progressing dialogue and expanding understanding of important issues.
    Last edited by Sensa1; 2019-06-12 at 05:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I still hope that site can become MMO-Champion instead of Blizzard-Champion. It's really hard to comprehend why some dead shit like HotS deserves it's own main page, while real MMOs at most get some mention in the end of big post about WoW and only about some big releases.
    Seeing how this site started off as a WoW fansite, I don't see why you would be upset that most of their focus is on the game/company that made them who they are in the gaming information industry. Other games do have mega threads or subsections devoted to them. I would personally like to see OTHER games get their own subsection too not just the ones that there currently are. Like take some of the mega threads and make them into their own full blown subsection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Will we have to transfer our accounts like we had to when fandom bought us?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Seeing how this site started off as a WoW fansite, I don't see why you would be upset that most of their focus is on the game/company that made them who they are in the gaming information industry.
    Fansite with receding popularity of the game with receding popularity?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Other games do have mega threads or subsections devoted to them. I would personally like to see OTHER games get their own subsection too not just the ones that there currently are. Like take some of the mega threads and make them into their own full blown subsection.
    They have little to no coverage by MMO-C itself, so activity in those subforums is pretty low too. Though even FFXIV section has more activity than HotS and Overwatch that have their own main pages, which yet again is confusing as to why do they even bother covering them.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    Couple of things

never said the site was stridently racist - I said some of the posts were...and if you don't think professional trolls are at work on more than just the main internet sites there's this classic example (also note Russian interference in the US election has been reported to throw out a lot of stuff to see what stuck / gained followers etc and these attempts were made on various platforms and forums).

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...erg(ook)/page3

one poster questions why a 2 day old account with 17 posts would start such a topic...led to a debate about obama being white and this classic racist post from Jingoism:

"Around the time we drop the white man's burden and stop babysitting brown people."

Took me about 2 minutes to find this thread. Absolutely nothing of value in it and nothing worth defending or making money off.

As I said, if you're such a champion of the freedom of expression (which you appear to be based on some of your other posts) there are ample other avenues and places for you, or anyone else, to express themselves. But the level of toxicity it brings to a gaming site isn't worth the time or effort especially considering most of these posts provide little or nothing of worth in progressing dialogue and expanding understanding of important issues.
    Use the forum filters = problem solved.

Anyone who doesn't like Gen OT or OT in general should just stop being lazy and use the filters. Block people you dislike and you'll stop seeing their threads.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    As I said, it was satire of a few posts before mine that essentially wanted to use this announcement to get rid of what they see as political opponents. I really didn't want to post it, because it's cringe, but the first line is simply words replaced on an earlier post.

Professional trolls implies a wage for trolling. I doubt that exists here.
    Foreign trolls implies the website is not welcoming of international users. You get to comment on China and Russia here. They most surely see us as a bunch of foreign trolls too.
    Also, this site is not that relevant to push an agenda through paid trolling.

I know it's fun to think MMOC is this grand political arena, but the actual truth is in the Alexa placement. Anyone trolling this site for political gains is simply wasting their time and I really doubt these people exist other than in vivid imaginations. The OT/Politics is mostly the same discussion between 50 people or so at best.

Quite the small audience for election meddling.

Oh, and if you think this site is "stridently racist", you really have seen nothing. This site is quite well maintained and clean. All of the mainstream social media platforms are FAR more racist and toxic. Not even close.
    I can't believe people are arguing that Russia is paying for bots to post on MMO-Champ lol.

I DO believe that key to fixing our problems as a society is to have more open communication between factions, not less.

But I also believe we are moving away from communicating with each other and that will make society even more dysfunctional.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ehm, you don't pay for a bot, you just make it and set it free to roam the interwebs
    Our primary Russian shills are not bots by any means, they are actual people.
    i.e everyone who doesnt agree with me is a russian shill, racist, homophobe, nazi, etc. lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this sucks but could be potentially positive. Damn I'm confused, just don't close this place down, it's literally seen me grow up.

Suggestion: Make a FFXIV category where you post info about patches, events and stuff you usually post about WoW.
    WoW stopped being a "champion" of anything some time ago.

Maybe less of a solitary focus on wow on the front page since its mmochampion not blizzard champion?

That and maybe we dont need entire sub forums for things like rift or minecraft used by an average 1 regular poster or less.

Suggestion: Actual image gallery is a pain, improve that !

I'm unhappy with your original post asking for feedback and than ghosting on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I can't believe people are arguing that Russia is paying for bots to post on MMO-Champ lol.

I DO believe that key to fixing our problems as a society is to have more open communication between factions, not less.

But I also believe we are moving away from communicating with each other and that will make society even more dysfunctional.
    It would help explain the state of these forums. It's a right wing hate/ignorance filled cesspool.